OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Curious what Lonzo's steal numbers will look like. His block numbers will be strong, too. We might have 40-60 more steals from our starting guards next year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Jesus..
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

Feels like we signed a Roman born WNBA player but dude can ball and has his head on straight it seems. Great FA signing for sure!

Can anyone here name any former Lakers with a long hyphenated name?

CDR is all I can recall.

Last edited by LonzoLegend2 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Feels like we signed a Roman born WNBA player but dude can ball and has his head on straight it seems. Great FA signing for sure!

Can anyone here name any other previous Lakers with a long hyphenated name?

Kareem Abdul Jabbar?
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Can anyone here name any other previous Lakers with a long hyphenated name?

Kareem Abdul Jabbar?

Short night sleep over here, missed the obvious but got the obscure name instead!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Makes List Of NBA’s Most Underrated

Quote:
“Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of the most underrated guys. He’s a very good two-way player who gets overlooked.”

http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/08/nba-players-discuss-who-are-the-leagues-most-underrated/

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kentavious-caldwell-pope-makes-list-of-nbas-most-underrated-players/2017/08/10/
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
“Kentavious Caldwell-Pope is one of the most underrated guys. He’s a very good two-way player who gets overlooked.”

http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/08/nba-players-discuss-who-are-the-leagues-most-underrated/

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kentavious-caldwell-pope-makes-list-of-nbas-most-underrated-players/2017/08/10/

I've said it before and I'll say it again KCP should and needs to be a part of our future - he's the perfect fit next to Lonzo. You will love the aspects of his game he thrives at here in LA and he's 24
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again KCP should and needs to be a part of our future - he's the perfect fit next to Lonzo. You will love the aspects of his game he thrives at here in LA and he's 24

It's quite possible,we'll see how the season pans out. No doubt that he is, by far; one of our best players.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

It seems as if KCP is everything we wished Clarkson would be.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Can anyone here name any former Lakers with a long hyphenated name?

CDR is all I can recall.

Too bad CDR was cut and didn't make the team. There was however, Darius Johnson-Odom who played 4 games.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope All 89 Steals & 12 Blocks in 2016-17 season | Full Defensive Highlights

Pretty identical numbers to Russell. About 50 steals more than Nick.

KCP has some impressive highlights on defense that are eye catching for sure and while a believe he may be a better fit next to Lonzo, he is not really an upgrade at this position.

He was crazy not taking his 80/4 offer, I don't know if he is going to get something like that again, good for us, he may help us next season since he likes to run and Lonzo likes to find runners.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope All 89 Steals & 12 Blocks in 2016-17 season | Full Defensive Highlights

KCP has some impressive highlights on defense that are eye catching for sure and while a believe he may be a better fit next to Lonzo, he is not really an upgrade at this position.

He was crazy not taking his 80/4 offer, I don't know if he is going to get something like that again, good for us, he may help us next season since he likes to run and Lonzo likes to find runners.

Pistons offered 80/5 (not much difference) but I get your point. No way should he have turned down that type of security. smh

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/10/report-pistons-offered-kentavious-caldwell-pope-five-year-80-million-contract/
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

KCP shooting in practice

Stroke looks smooth
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
KCP shooting in practice

Stroke looks smooth

Shot 35% from beyond the arc last season. He definitely can shoot.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

KCP was ranked #19 best shooting guard in the NBA, by Hoopsworld. I actually think he's top 15. I have him ranked higher than Hood and Waiters who were both ranked ahead of him. IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
MJST wrote:

He's a Rich Paul client. They like to overplay their hand (to some success). I'm not sure he will beat the reported $80m over 5 years, but maybe some team might. The cap market is constricted next year and the reason why it may be tougher is at least the Pistons had his Bird rights to go over the cap.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Through the first 39 games before his injury he was shooting 40% on 5.6 attempts per game. After his injury, through 35 games, he shot 30% on 6 attempts per game. I assume he's fully healed now and I expect his 3 to be 40%+ on high volume playing next to Lonzo.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

He did an #ASKKCP on twitter and Facebook yesterday. Wish more had gotten involved.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Without his bird rights, it's going to be awfully hard to keep him and sign 2 max guys.

If, for example we signed LeBron + Cousins then retained KCP, we'd be set.

Instead, I think we're going to go for LeBron + George then retain Lopez on a short deal before a larger pay day.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Without his bird rights, it's going to be awfully hard to keep him and sign 2 max guys.

Instead, I think we're going to go for LeBron + George then retain Lopez on a short deal before a larger pay day.

We have Lopez, Randle and KCP in the same situation, but we don't have KCP bird rights so if it is almost impossible to keep the first two, the chances to keep KCP is about zero.

Lopez is a Cali dude and the best player of the bunch, taking into account he has his pockets full from his previous contracts he has the greatest chance to be here after next season, still a very slim chance.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

If i had to rate which of the following players (Jules, Brook, KCP, JC) would likely stay in 2018, i would put them in this order:

1. Jules
2. Brook
3. KCP
4. JC

Likely way KCP stays if we whiff on 2 max players and we just keep him.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If i had to rate which of the following players (Jules, Brook, KCP, JC) would likely stay in 2018, i would put them in this order:

1. Jules
2. Brook
3. KCP
4. JC

my preference would be

KCP
B Lopez
JC
Julius
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The argument for Caldwell-Pope is that the players around him held down his defensive numbers. Even the best perimeter defender can’t carry a defense by himself; he still depends on his four teammates understanding their responsibilities and playing on a string. Almost every player in the Detroit rotation played significantly better defense with Aron Baynes at center than they did with Andre Drummond, and KCP played 76 percent of his minutes with Drummond last season. According to the numbers at nbawowy.com, Detroit had a defensive rating of 112.1 when the two were in. In the 606 minutes KCP played without Drummond, the Pistons’ defensive rating dropped to 99.8.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/8/17/16158662/shooting-guards-zach-lavine-kentavious-caldwell-pope-caris-levert
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. Jules
2. Brook
3. KCP
4. JC

Yup I have the same list. Although KCP could overtake Brook depending on how both play to start the year
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
2019 wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

We have Lopez, Randle and KCP in the same situation, but we don't have KCP bird rights so if it is almost impossible to keep the first two, the chances to keep KCP is about zero.

Lopez is a Cali dude and the best player of the bunch, taking into account he has his pockets full from his previous contracts he has the greatest chance to be here after next season, still a very slim chance.

Lopez is the worst fit of the 3 if we want to compete with GS.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 26 of 182
Jump to: