Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 624, 625, 626 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
It's nice to see him get some props but no way he should be above Nick who was a multi-time All-Star at 37th.

Yup. Even Jones should be higher.

Then you have Lonzo/Ingram but obviously too early.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Compared to other bench scorers clarkson has a great contract, especially based on what other players will get in 2018.

It doesn't fit with the 2 max scenario, so if we do that then we have to move him. But that doesn't suddenly make his contract bad, imo

Here's to hoping our entire team plays excellent next year and we don't need to move anyone after all

FWIW, here were the NBA 6th men votes for last year (JC didn't get a vote). He makes about the same or more than the bolded.

Gordon, Eric (Hou.)
Iguodala, Andre (G.S.)
Williams, Lou (Hou.)
Randolph, Zach (Mem.)
Johnson, James (Mia.)
Monroe, Greg (Mil.)
Crawford, Jamal (LA-C)
Kanter, Enes (OKC.)
Mills, Patty (S.A.)
Hardaway Jr., Tim (Atl.)
Carter, Vince (Mem.)
Johnson, Tyler (Mia.)
Brogdon, Malcolm (Mil.)

I don't think JC's contract is a terrible one. But i'm not convinced it's a great deal either. It is moveable if necessary, but just hate how our 2018 plans are so transparent. I'm hoping teams don't make us pay an extra premium to get cap space.

I look at that list and go right to the top. Clarkson and Gordon are comparable in stats, on court production and salary. . The only area that Gordon pulls away is 3pt%. An area Clarkson needs to improve.

I remain optimistic that Clarkson can and will improve. From comments, it seems like he is embracing the sixth man role. Can see him doing well in this year's voting. It will depend on his mpg and attempts. A little defense would be nice too!

Going to be interesting to see how his role looks this season. First guard off the bench seems reasonable. Prefer he proves his value and makes thoughts of trading him less desirable. Or at the very least a nice 1st rd pick value.

And for the first three games that Pope is suspended I see Clarkson starting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Compared to other bench scorers clarkson has a great contract, especially based on what other players will get in 2018.

It doesn't fit with the 2 max scenario, so if we do that then we have to move him. But that doesn't suddenly make his contract bad, imo

Here's to hoping our entire team plays excellent next year and we don't need to move anyone after all

FWIW, here were the NBA 6th men votes for last year (JC didn't get a vote). He makes about the same or more than the bolded.

Gordon, Eric (Hou.)
Iguodala, Andre (G.S.)
Williams, Lou (Hou.)
Randolph, Zach (Mem.)
Johnson, James (Mia.)
Monroe, Greg (Mil.)
Crawford, Jamal (LA-C)
Kanter, Enes (OKC.)
Mills, Patty (S.A.)
Hardaway Jr., Tim (Atl.)
Carter, Vince (Mem.)
Johnson, Tyler (Mia.)
Brogdon, Malcolm (Mil.)

I don't think JC's contract is a terrible one. But i'm not convinced it's a great deal either. It is moveable if necessary, but just hate how our 2018 plans are so transparent. I'm hoping teams don't make us pay an extra premium to get cap space.

I look at that list and go right to the top. Clarkson and Gordon are comparable in stats, on court production and salary. . The only area that Gordon pulls away is 3pt%. An area Clarkson needs to improve.

I remain optimistic that Clarkson can and will improve. From comments, it seems like he is embracing the sixth man role. Can see him doing well in this year's voting. It will depend on his mpg and attempts. A little defense would be nice too!

Going to be interesting to see how his role looks this season. First guard off the bench seems reasonable. Prefer he proves his value and makes thoughts of trading him less desirable. Or at the very least a nice 1st rd pick value.

And for the first three games that Pope is suspended I see Clarkson starting.

Luke has refused to start JC in those situations. I think he wants to keep his whole unit approach (which i'm not a fan of).
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
It's nice to see him get some props but no way he should be above Nick who was a multi-time All-Star at 37th.

Yup. Even Jones should be higher.

Then you have Lonzo/Ingram but obviously too early.

Those guys we hope to see near the top of the list.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson embraces Hollywood glitz but stays grounded

“It’s been a tough three years. We’ve been losing a lot,” Jordan said. “We’ve been trying to get out of that.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/pro-sports/article/Lakers-Clarkson-embraces-Hollywood-glitz-but-11751360.php

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-jordan-clarkson-calls-time-with-lakers-a-tough-three-years/2017/08/12/
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Kind of unfair to compare JC to 6th man candidates. I mean, is there even one 6th man on a lottery team on that list?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Lou was before he got traded
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Kind of unfair to compare JC to 6th man candidates. I mean, is there even one 6th man on a lottery team on that list?

That's the fair comparison. The Lakers want and believe he can be a 6MOY level player this year and at his price, it is a fair comparison.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That's the fair comparison. The Lakers want and believe he can be a 6MOY level player this year and at his price, it is a fair comparison.

Also, they probably want him to win it because it would be a nice leveraging tool in trade talks next summer. You can't tell me that's part of the reason too.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Also, they probably want him to win it because it would be a nice leveraging tool in trade talks next summer. You can't tell me that's part of the reason too.

If he has a good first few months, he'll be moved at the deadline. Players like JC are more a luxury for teams that are in the playoffs.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Clarkson getting some love

10th is not bad considering his draft position.

As much as I like JC, it's a hell of an exaggeration. Not considering Lonzo, Ingram and Russell, they left out: Julius Randle, Nick van Exel, Eddie Jones, Vlade Divac, AC Green, Elden Campbell, Michael Cooper, Norm Nixon e surely some older guys I don't know.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdiriJs-LCw

Otherwise known as blatantly palming the ball.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdiriJs-LCw

Otherwise known as blatantly palming the ball.

Lol as Stu would say "discontinued dribble"
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject:

Clarkson 1 on 1 vs Tatum and Oubre

Last edited by lewis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

If he has a good first few months, he'll be moved at the deadline. Players like JC are more a luxury for teams that are in the playoffs.

E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

any one have Clarksons stats post Lou Will trade?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Steve Nash was said to be at the facility working out with Lonzo. I hope to God that JC crashed that party
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

JC, don't get baited into this by trolls!

https://twitter.com/GrantGoldberg/status/908364593029832704
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Steve Nash was said to be at the facility working out with Lonzo. I hope to God that JC crashed that party

Same. the best JC ever looked was when he was working closely with Nash in his rookie year. Best blend of passing/scoring. Maybe it was the fact that he was our only ball-handler and knew he was going to get 30 plus minutes a night, but you could see the nash influence in him (rarely picked up his dribble, particularly in the paint) and the headiness. Since then, he mostly looks like a chicken with its head cut off
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Same. the best JC ever looked was when he was working closely with Nash in his rookie year. Best blend of passing/scoring. Maybe it was the fact that he was our only ball-handler and knew he was going to get 30 plus minutes a night, but you could see the nash influence in him (rarely picked up his dribble, particularly in the paint) and the headiness. Since then, he mostly looks like a chicken with its head cut off

Can you imagine if JC/DLO/Lonzo had Nash's tutelage? Sad that we couldn't keep Nash in that respect. He's a PG whisperer.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
any one have Clarksons stats post Lou Will trade?

It's just post-all star break.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/clarkjo01/splits/2017
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I just hope he doesn't suffer a serious injury. About the only thing that can derail the Lebron train, IMO, is if they can't clear enough salary, and he's the best target, atm. The most prudent action would be to trade him before he can step on the floor again.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Haha my reply is a month late, sorry.

What I meant was, 6MOY candidates are on winning teams. We are not a winning team.

So the comparison with 1GOB (1st Guy Off Bench) for losing teams would be ... fairer.

That's why I asked if there has ever been a 6th man of the year recipient on a lottery team. Maybe there is, but, it's probably a rarity if ever at all.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

solid outing off the bench for JC...shot 60%... 14 points / 2 Assists / 2 Rebounds
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 624, 625, 626 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 625 of 685
Jump to: