2009-2010 Lakers Chances at a Title in the Modern NBA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

If I had to bet my life on an all time greatest teams competition I take the 2001-2002 Lakers.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
How do you think these Warriors would fair against the Bad Boy Pistons with 80's rules?

80s rules means that half the Warriors get injured in games 1 and 2 because none of them would be able to handle the physical onslaught of the pistons. Mentally they couldn't handle the animosity of the pistons either. Laimbeer would go Negan(walking dead reference) on them.

Are you guys serious? lmao You guys need to actually watch those 80s teams, they didn't even close out on three point shooters. The Warrior's three-point barrage would be the biggest mind-**** for those Pistons. They honestly never defended anything like that. They wouldn't last 5 games against the Warriors.

But you could grab, slap and bump those three point shooters... might not be the mind-**** you envision
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
How do you think these Warriors would fair against the Bad Boy Pistons with 80's rules?

80s rules means that half the Warriors get injured in games 1 and 2 because none of them would be able to handle the physical onslaught of the pistons. Mentally they couldn't handle the animosity of the pistons either. Laimbeer would go Negan(walking dead reference) on them.

Are you guys serious? lmao You guys need to actually watch those 80s teams, they didn't even close out on three point shooters. The Warrior's three-point barrage would be the biggest mind-**** for those Pistons. They honestly never defended anything like that. They wouldn't last 5 games against the Warriors.

But you could grab, slap and bump those three point shooters... might not be the mind-**** you envision

That goes both ways. Plus I like to rely on basketball talent when evaluating basketball games and not prison ball tactics.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
governator wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

That goes both ways. Plus I like to rely on basketball talent when evaluating basketball games and not prison ball tactics.

It's prison ball tactics now but it was allowed and a regular occurance back in the 80s NBA. I really don't think today's GS would fare as well in the 80s
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
governator wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

It's prison ball tactics now but it was allowed and a regular occurance back in the 80s NBA. I really don't think today's GS would fare as well in the 80s

Then you need to re-watch games from the 80s. The whole "Curry would be killed every time he got into the paint" narrative is overrated. Plus watch how the Warriors rotate and switch on defense and watch those Piston teams play defense. Defense has evolved so much now it's ridiculous. The Warriors would decimate the 80s landscape
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

The GS Warriors couldn't handle 34 year old Kobe. He was giving it to them the game he got injured. 34 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists.
And 30-31 year Kobe is a different, more-viscous beast. And he has Phil. And Pau gave it to a better defender than Draymond in the finals (KG).

I just think of closing lineups.
Fisher, Kobe, Metta, Odom, Gasol
vs.
Curry, Klay, Iggy, Durant, Draymond.

I think we kill them on the boards. And Kobe is the best player on the floor. Hands down. Plus Phil has 10 coaching championships in 2010 vs Kerr with only 2. Safe to say, Kerr gets outcoached.
Best player, best coach, wins the boards.
Durant is the best thing they have going for them. But he's only 1 guy. He can't guard Kobe, Odom, and Pau at the same time.
After seeing the off ball screens Fisher ran through chasing Ray Allen. I think he's a good look defensively against the Curry as well. Won't stop him. But will draw important off-ball illegal screens.
And our bench I like more than GS too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: