OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I agree with mike and DB. Kuzma is probably the better overall basketbll player, but randle has that unique skillset that makes you think he could become a star if he puts it all together. Which is the same reason why randle has started over nance even though nance seems to be the more well rounded player.

Randle is that top pick who you give minutes hoping he figures it all out one day. Right now randle is also the better fit next to Lopez since he's a monster rebounder and with 4 guys who can already spread the floor it's not as important for randle to shoot as it has been in previous seasons (although we all hope he's made that leap).

Kuzma is going to have to wait his turn, but if randle doesn't pan out then a Ingram, Kuzma pairing is very, very intriguing.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I agree with mike and DB. Kuzma is probably the better overall basketbll player, but randle has that unique skillset that makes you think he could become a star if he puts it all together. Which is the same reason why randle has started over nance even though nance seems to be the more well rounded player.

Randle is that top pick who you give minutes hoping he figures it all out one day. Right now randle is also the better fit next to Lopez since he's a monster rebounder and with 4 guys who can already spread the floor it's not as important for randle to shoot as it has been in previous seasons (although we all hope he's made that leap).

Kuzma is going to have to wait his turn, but if randle doesn't pan out then a Ingram, Kuzma pairing is very, very intriguing.

Except we actually don't (as far as we know right now) have adequate 3-point shooting at the other forward position.

Also, if Kuzma's a better fit out of the gate why does he have to wait his turn? It's pretty clear keeping Randle after this season is a Plan D at this point, so even the "development" rationale falls flat.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Baseline spin moves = Kooz
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Defense and outlet passing = Nance, btw.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I'll wait till I see Julius paired with Lonzo before comparing. My hunch is Zo makes a big difference. Also to see Kuz vs real NBA comp. Julius has had quite a few monster games in the NBA already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I'll wait till I see Julius paired with Lonzo before comparing. My hunch is Zo makes a big difference. Also to see Kuz vs real NBA comp. Julius has had quite a few monster games in the NBA already.

As GT has said, it shouldn't take long to see if they have chemistry together either. It literally took Kuz and Zo just one game to click.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:

As GT has said, it shouldn't take long to see if they have chemistry together either. It literally took Kuz and Zo just one game to click.

I agree it shouldn't take long but not necessarily a single game. SPL comp is significantly different than reg NBA. We won't even KCP for the first two games with his suspension. But if Zo looks comfortable then it shouldn't take long for the other players to gel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

It's on Randle to completely change his game..
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Except we actually don't (as far as we know right now) have adequate 3-point shooting at the other forward position.

Also, if Kuzma's a better fit out of the gate why does he have to wait his turn? It's pretty clear keeping Randle after this season is a Plan D at this point, so even the "development" rationale falls flat.

Nance didn't take his spot so idk people think Kuzma will.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Nance didn't take his spot so idk people think Kuzma will.

Nance can't shoot, tis priority #1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
its not that hard to do because it's the zo effect. Kuz didn't play like this at Utah did he? Did Vander Blue? Nope. The way Zo plays is infectious

You know Julius' passes are bout to be even more fire playing off Zo I can't wait.

I have close to zero reservations about his fit with Zo. Just needs to let the jumper fly like kuz did and everything will open up.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
its not that hard to do because it's the zo effect. Kuz didn't play like this at Utah did he? Did Vander Blue? Nope. The way Zo plays is infectious

You know Julius' passes are bout to be even more fire playing off Zo I can't wait.

I have close to zero reservations about his fit with Zo. Just needs to let the jumper fly like kuz did and everything will open up.

He needs to run the lanes in transition, and pass ahead on the break, if he still plans on being a transition ballhandler. That's a pretty big difference from last season's slow trot to the wing, shimmy move, and kick it back to Young for a 3.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Randle's game so far has been more of a departure from what you want going forward w/ Lonzo, than Kuzma's was at Utah. Kuzma was a shooter his last few months in college, as well as at the combine scrimmage. He was also more willing to work in P/R, and run lanes. Those 3 facets are big question marks for Randle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He needs to run the lanes in transition, and pass ahead on the break, if he still plans on being a transition ballhandler. That's a pretty big difference from last season's slow trot to the wing, shimmy move, and kick it back to Young for a 3.
he'll be doing both. Zo won't be able to go crazy with outlet passes every game like SPL. The competition will be smarter and more athletic. We'll need Randle to grab it off the board and go sometimes to vary our attack. kuz even did this in SPL. It won't necessarily be a grab the board and outlet to Lonzo every single time nor do I think it should be.

More transition/semi transition by way of Zo only helps his game (everyone else's too) Randle by nature has never seemed a grind it out half court offense guy to me. I don't see it as being difficult for him to adjust
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Randle's game so far has been more of a departure from what you want going forward w/ Lonzo, than Kuzma's was at Utah. Kuzma was a shooter his last few months in college, as well as at the combine scrimmage. He was also more willing to work in P/R, and run lanes. Those 3 facets are big question marks for Randle.
everyone also thought he was a slow back to the basket big like ZBO coming out of college too. He tries to do what is asked of him. With Zo that will be diff than what he did with DLO
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

everyone also thought he was a slow back to the basket big like ZBO coming out of college too. He tries to do what is asked of him. With Zo that will be diff than what he did with DLO

true true. But when it comes to high energy things, Randle often doesn't step up to the plate of what's being asked of him --- so that's where my hesitancy comes from - as well as, if he can shoot. He's been asked to be much better defensively, setting screens, rolling, making quicker reads in transition - and he hasn't.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

he'll be doing both. Zo won't be able to go crazy with outlet passes every game like SPL. The competition will be smarter and more athletic. We'll need Randle to grab it off the board and go sometimes to vary our attack. kuz even did this in SPL. It won't necessarily be a grab the board and outlet to Lonzo every single time nor do I think it should be.

More transition/semi transition by way of Zo only helps his game (everyone else's too) Randle by nature has never seemed a grind it out half court offense guy to me. I don't see it as being difficult for him to adjust

I would love to see Lonzo be on the receiving end of some lobs and runouts in transition like he was at UCLA, but again that hasn't been Julius's forte to this point.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

We gotta wait and see fellas! I understand your points. And it's possible he could fall flat on his face. I think he'll succeed though. I think this year he takes a huge leap offensively with moderate D improvements. And next year if he's still here he hits draymond level impacts
RJ_LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
We gotta wait and see fellas! I understand your points. And it's possible he could fall flat on his face. I think he'll succeed though. I think this year he takes a huge leap offensively with moderate D improvements. And next year if he's still here he hits draymond level impacts

I'm with you. I'm hopeful things will be good with Lonzo and Julius, and if that happens we're going to the playoffs.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

yup, can't wait to see Kuz/Randle out there.. wooh
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

Oh, you just gonna leave out the one man momentum shifter formerly know as lance?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:

Oh, you just gonna leave out the one man momentum shifter formerly know as lance?

yea, he got his role..
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:

I agree it shouldn't take long but not necessarily a single game. SPL comp is significantly different than reg NBA. We won't even KCP for the first two games with his suspension. But if Zo looks comfortable then it shouldn't take long for the other players to gel

With KCP out the first two games, what do people think of this starting lineup?
PG: Lonzo
SG: Ingram
SF: Kuzma
PF: Randle
C: Lopez
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

The other forwards better come in ready because Kuzma is going to bring it!
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:

With KCP out the first two games, what do people think of this starting lineup?
PG: Lonzo
SG: Ingram
SF: Kuzma
PF: Randle
C: Lopez

I bet we start Hart or Ennis so we can adjust Clarkson to his 6th man role early

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Lopez
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 75 of 880
Jump to: