spoilers GAME OF THRONES LEAKED EPISODES/SCRIPTS DISCUSSION spoilers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Wait. The dragon can cross the wall since it is a wight. I'm guessing it makes it to KL when everyone is there and they use the scorpions to bring it down and then burn it with wildfire.

I don't think Cersei will care about the wight but a zombie dragon will get her to turn, or at least convince Jaime who will convince her or turn on her.

IMO it would be incredibly stupid if the NK wasted that dragon attacking KL alone. I would use that dragon on an army vs army battle and turn the tide of such battle.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

^ You're right. And with how effective the WW's are with their spears against dragons it really makes them seem unbeatable. The living need Bran to step it up if they're going to have a chance.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

I know this has nothing to do with GoT but episodes of the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm have been leaked. HBO man...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^

People were posting things like "bittersweet story". Etc. How's that any different than someone posting the words "Red Wedding" in the thread with no frame of reference years ago. Neither one gives away anything explicitly but we all know what kind of (bleep) road that takes us down.

The entire last 3-4 pages was really (bleep) annoying tbh. My own stupidity for peeking my head in when by my own words I said I wouldn't.

I think I said that after watching a video on Season 8 spoilers. Didn't think I was giving much away considering GRRM promised us a bittersweet ending back in 2014.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
I know this has nothing to do with GoT but episodes of the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm have been leaked. HBO man...

The entire season?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

The entire season?

Think three episodes for now. Not sure about the quality and all that.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion giving off the Ned Stark vibe? Too honorable for his own good.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

No spoilers just random thoughts..

So the fat guy at the Library reads something and takes off..

Did he read that Jon Snows dad, was divorced when he had Jon, meaning he is not a bastard? And who is his mother? perhaps she was a Targaryen (spelling) and is the Dragon queens step bro?

So does Jon have some Targaryen in him? That is why the Dragon was cool with him? If so, we may be seeing him ridding a Dragon, in one of the upcoming battles...

Grabbing up one WW to give to Cersie ain't gonna get her to pledge her armies, it would be better to whip her out and TAKE her armies to fight the WW's..

So there are two battles coming up, one against the WW's and one for Kings Landing - which comes first? My guess is the WW's..
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Did he read that Jon Snows dad, was divorced when he had Jon, meaning he is not a bastard? And who is his mother? perhaps she was a Targaryen (spelling) and is the Dragon queens step bro?

So does Jon have some Targaryen in him? That is why the Dragon was cool with him? If so, we may be seeing him ridding a Dragon, in one of the upcoming battles...

Grabbing up one WW to give to Cersie ain't gonna get her to pledge her armies, it would be better to whip her out and TAKE her armies to fight the WW's..

So there are two battles coming up, one against the WW's and one for Kings Landing - which comes first? My guess is the WW's..

Obviously you're a more passive watcher of the show than most here, so I'll try and get you somewhat filled in on the "R+L=J" theory (really more of a fact now).

So Jon snow is commonly presumed to be Ned Stark's bastard son. However, in Season 6, one of Bran's flashbacks takes us to the Tower of Joy in Dorne, where Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) is supposedly being held prisoner by Rhaegar Targaryen (the Mad King's eldest son, and Dany and Viserys' older brother). Ned leads a crew of 6 or 7 guys to go rescue her, only to find the tower being guarded by members of the kings guard (note this is after the mad king and Rhaegar are dead). After killing the kings guard members, Ned goes up to the tower only to find Lyanna in a bed of blood holding a baby. Lyanna then dies after giving the baby to Ned and saying "promise me". The camera then cuts to a close up of Jon Sno, leading the viewer to believe that the baby is Jon Snow.

The common theory amongst fans up until the last episode was that Jon was the bastard child of Lyanna and Rhaegar, as it is "known" throughout the 7 kingdoms that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna (though no one knows they produced a child).

Now, what we found out in the last episode was that Rhaegar in fact had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled, and then married Lyanna in secret. This would make Jon a legitimate Targaryen, and thus the rightful heir to the iron throne upon Rhaegar's death. This would also make Dany his aunt.

Hope that helps
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

That was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

Hardhome still #1 for me, but this one is in the same neighborhood. Incredible ups and downs.

Last episode of this season will be great, and next season will be insane.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

Writing is indeed starting to suffer though maybe because the pendulum is swinging from one extreme to the next. Previously, in the earlier seasons, it would take at least two to three episodes to close an "arc" or significant character journey. This one did that and more in one episode. Almost feels like they should have left them on the rock at the end of the episode and pick it up next episode; that way time would have felt more elongated to the viewer (instead of using just the night day/dusk dawn cycle to do it).

Good news though, it's not even the end of this season or the show so they can properly fix that going forward. So I'm not too worried yet.

Zombie dragon is cool. NK showed how dominant of a threat he can be considering how Jaime reacted that three dragons trumps any army.

Certainly curious what bringing in Gendry is going to do since they seemed to treat him with kid gloves AND he's rather convinced of his being meant for something great but that's hasn't been reinforced by much in the story (at least beyond him being a king's son and that blood having some kind of power)
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Obviously you're a more passive watcher of the show than most here, so I'll try and get you somewhat filled in on the "R+L=J" theory (really more of a fact now).

So Jon snow is commonly presumed to be Ned Stark's bastard son. However, in Season 6, one of Bran's flashbacks takes us to the Tower of Joy in Dorne, where Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister) is supposedly being held prisoner by Rhaegar Targaryen (the Mad King's eldest son, and Dany and Viserys' older brother). Ned leads a crew of 6 or 7 guys to go rescue her, only to find the tower being guarded by members of the kings guard (note this is after the mad king and Rhaegar are dead). After killing the kings guard members, Ned goes up to the tower only to find Lyanna in a bed of blood holding a baby. Lyanna then dies after giving the baby to Ned and saying "promise me". The camera then cuts to a close up of Jon Sno, leading the viewer to believe that the baby is Jon Snow.

The common theory amongst fans up until the last episode was that Jon was the bastard child of Lyanna and Rhaegar, as it is "known" throughout the 7 kingdoms that Rhaegar kidnapped and sexually assaulted Lyanna (though no one knows they produced a child).

Now, what we found out in the last episode was that Rhaegar in fact had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled, and then married Lyanna in secret. This would make Jon a legitimate Targaryen, and thus the rightful heir to the iron throne upon Rhaegar's death. This would also make Dany his aunt.

Hope that helps

BIG Thanks for that clarification, I do have to admit that even though I have seen every episode, there is a lot of those little confusing things that get by me...
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

The common theory amongst fans up until the last episode was that Jon was the bastard child of Lyanna and Rhaegar, as it is "known" throughout the 7 kingdoms that Rhaegar kidnapped and sexually assaulted Lyanna (though no one knows they produced a child).

Hope that helps

BIG Thanks for that clarification, I do have to admit that even though I have seen every episode, there is a lot of those little confusing things that get by me...

It is a very large and detailed show. I have watched all of the episodes 2-3x and always would notice subtleties that I had missed the first or second viewing.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Hope that helps

No problem my man. It's extremely tough to totally understand everything that's going on only watching it through once. I've seen every episode twice plus watched all the "lore" videos that HBO puts out for each season, and I still miss things all the time haha.

It's also worth noting re: Lyanna/Rhaegar that Rhaegar's "abduction" of her is one of the main things that led to Robert's rebellion in the first place. Robert was betrothed to her and loved her very much.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

My wife and I didn't start watching until S3. We binged the first two seasons in about a week before S3 started, then watched all 3 seasons again, along with the history of the realm stuff that HBO put out, before the start of season 4. Watching seasons 1-3 the second time, along with the backstory stuff that was on HBO.com, made a huge difference in understanding all the little things that are tied into the history that sets the stage for the show- all the relationships, family trees, Royal feuds, ironic twists, etc. those first three seasons really set everything up that has come since then.

Watching with the CC on makes a huge difference also. Without it, you sometimes have trouble catching little things that are said between the sound mix and various people's accents.

Sometime before the final season starts, which could be two years, I'd highly recommend watching the entire series again, along with the HBO stuff explaining the history of the world. It will completely change your viewing experience.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

somebody posted that collection of the actors voicing the backstory, i think they said it was a compilation of stuff on the DvDs and it was so cool .. thankful to whoever posted that. i should rewatch. it helped a lot in explaining the backstory of what happened before the show started.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

^ yeah they posted that in the other thread and I watched both 1 hour videos and wow, my understanding of this world has increased tenfold
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I think Arya knows what LF is up to, and was basically giving a hint to Sansa without outright telling her because of LF's spies. Not sure what she has in mind, but that dagger definitely plays a part.

The timelines are all messed up, the writing definitely has fallen off. But oh well what can you do. They should have made the wait on the rock seem longer.

And I still don't understand Jon Snow's plan of capturing a wight to present to Cersei (Cersei!?). Like she gives a fk. The plan was doomed from the start, and then Jon Snow finds himself and his crew trapped and surrounded by a hundred thousand dead soldiers within minutes. Not a very thought out plan. That really is bugging me. If Gendry doesn't make it back, or if Dany never gets the raven, then those guys are goners. I guarantee GRRM would never have written the show this way, there used to be way more thought into the storylines. Jon Snow is not a great military tactician, he got beat at the Battle of the Bastards and then this debacle. And on top of all that, Uncle Benjen saved his ass also.

With all that said, still a great episode. Zombie Dragon
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ yeah they posted that in the other thread and I watched both 1 hour videos and wow, my understanding of this world has increased tenfold

where is this? I was looking.. couldn't find it.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

There's more than 2 -- I think there's one for each of the first 6 seasons.

Just look up "Game of Thrones lore" on YouTube
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

where is this? I was looking.. couldn't find it.

These are the 2 that were recommended to me.

part one

part two
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

thanks!!
rockyp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I just heard some sad sad sade episode 8 spoilers - Euron Greyjoy is going to kill Jorah Mormont. Can anyone confirm this???? I hope this isn't true. This is equivalent to Glen getting killed in TWD...
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

someone hates you
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

https://i.imgflip.com/1uuagf.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: