JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Well I hope Hart projects to a better player than Fish.
IMO Fish is overrated. His biggest asset was he never really got in Kobe's way as the point guard... he would get the ball up in a hurry and out of his hands. Kobe could have had a much easier time if he had a better sidekick in the backcourt with him.

Agree that there is not much of a comparison between Fish and Hart as Hart has much better physical traits at this time.

But- I do believe that while not the best athlete or defender, Fish had amazing intangibles. The Lakers with Kobe were terrible when he was gone and Utah overachieved when he was with them.

He knew how to run a team and not get in the way. He was steady and calm, he had an out-sized effect on a team winning.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Well I hope Hart projects to a better player than Fish.
IMO Fish is overrated. His biggest asset was he never really got in Kobe's way as the point guard... he would get the ball up in a hurry and out of his hands. Kobe could have had a much easier time if he had a better sidekick in the backcourt with him.

Agree that there is not much of a comparison between Fish and Hart as Hart has much better physical traits at this time.

But- I do believe that while not the best athlete or defender, Fish had amazing intangibles. The Lakers with Kobe were terrible when he was gone and Utah overachieved when he was with them.

He knew how to run a team and not get in the way. He was steady and calm, he had an out-sized effect on a team winning.

I think that's the only reason the comparison between the two is being made. They both have/had that "intangibles" written all over them. Those are the kind of players who endear themselves to the fans.

I already love Hart!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

I hope he's the long-term and cheaper replacement for JC. Having a backup SG at a fraction of the cost is important for the Lakers moving forward as we will likely need the cap space.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

He's actually, at least in my estimation, projected to be JC's perfect replacement. Not necessarily this season, but using this season to groom him and facilitate JC's departure. He doesn't have JC's athleticism, but in practically every other area I think he'll be an able replacement.

If he's settles in, as a 22 year old can do much quicker than a 19-20 year old, he might steal some minutes from JC because of the one area he's better: defense & defensive intelligence.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
He's actually, at least in my estimation, projected to be JC's perfect replacement. Not necessarily this season, but using this season to groom him and facilitate JC's departure. He doesn't have JC's athleticism, but in practically every other area I think he'll be an able replacement.

If he's settles in, as a 22 year old can do much quicker than a 19-20 year old, he might steal some minutes from JC because of the one area he's better: defense & defensive intelligence.

We need to give Clarkson as many minutes as possible to showcase him incase we need to trade him.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

We need to give Clarkson as many minutes as possible to showcase him incase we need to trade him.

I concur, hence the emboldened.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Except his numbers actually got worse the more minutes he played post-ASB. The less the league sees might be better.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Except his numbers actually got worse the more minutes he played post-ASB. The less the league sees might be better.

I'm guessing he'll look better with Ball, and the style of play we can play more effectively with a more mature Ingram & Randle, and without the likes of Williams & Young.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

I'm guessing he'll look better with Ball, and the style of play we can play more effectively with a more mature Ingram & Randle, and without the likes of Williams & Young.

I think that's a good observation. He's a slashing wing, Lonzo will make him look good. Let's hope.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

I think that's a good observation. He's a slashing wing, Lonzo will make him look good. Let's hope.

Agreed, don't overlook this kid. He is mature and hungry. He played in a tough conference & has has a wealth of experience at the collegiate level.
Too bad we only got a glimpse of him in summer league but what we saw suggests that with hard work he should be able to hold his own in the league.

Pelinka quote: “He may not be the most athletic player in the gym or the quickest, but he finds ways to make winning plays. He did that at Villanova for a national championship. [Villanova head coach] Jay Wright, he developed a mentality in him. Like I said this is a young, scrappy, and hungry young core that we are just really, really excited about.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-rob-pelinka-discusses-expectations-for-kyle-kuzma-josh-hart-this-season/2017/08/15/
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

Training camp should show us how the Clarkson/Hart battle will go. I think Clarkson will see about 10-15 minutes a night at PG and a few minutes at SG. If Hart plays well, especially if we are going for a defensive second unit, Hart will get 10 minutes or so playing backup SG. I think that is a really good comment, that Hart is really the Clarkson 2018 replacement.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I think clarkson is the primary backup at point guard from now on, so don't even think there is a position battle between the two.

Lonzo
Kcp
Clarkson

Are probably the 3 guard rotation with hart getting spot minutes here and there
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think clarkson is the primary backup at point guard from now on, so don't even think there is a position battle between the two.

Lonzo
Kcp
Clarkson

If Luke continues his tendency to play a lot of guys 30 minutes, there will be enough minutes to go around.

I think Ennis, who is more of a true point guard, will get the bulk of the backup PG minutes, and Clarkson will get most of the backup SG minutes.

But who knows? We'll have a lot of guys fighting for minutes (including 3 rookies, and a second year player), so inevitable some of them will be spending a lot of time on the bench.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Lonzo
Kcp
Clarkson

If Clarkson makes drastic improvements defensively, I would agree. If Clarkson continues to be rated as #79 of 81 point guards for defensive purposes (link) and #79 of 81 overall , I think Clarkson will lose a lot of his playing time to Hart. If Clarkson doesn't improve defensively, he might even lose some playing time to Tyler Ennis or Briante Weber (who are ranked #36 and #53 defensively, respectively).

--Anonymous
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Lonzo
Kcp
Clarkson

If Clarkson makes drastic improvements defensively, I would agree. If Clarkson continues to be rated as #79 of 81 point guards for defensive purposes (link) and #79 of 81 overall , I think Clarkson will lose a lot of his playing time to Hart. If Clarkson doesn't improve defensively, he might even lose some playing time to Tyler Ennis or Briante Weber (who are ranked #36 and #53 defensively, respectively).

I'm not a fan of Clarkson. His whole thing is just turning out better than the typical 2nd round pick, who often doesn't stick in the league. To me, Clarkson is nothing more than a one-dimensional gunner who doesn't shoot well. He's a poor man's Jamal Crawford.

If a team would take him for nothing we would give him up in a second just to be out from under his contract.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Lonzo
Kcp
Clarkson

Last season we had 4 guards that were bottom 10 and Clarkson is the only player remaining of this "shot happy-no defense" crop. I believe a team can have 1 player with this characteristic, but he is earning too much to be such a one dimensional player. The clock is on him just like it is on Randle, another bottom 10 defender among players of the position.

No team will ever win with 7 players among the 10 worst defenders of their position like us last season. It can be a signal that we are failing to develop our young players the right way, the time will tell.

This is a season Ingram and Zubac have to make some strides on this end of the floor. It is ok for rookies to struggle playing defense against NBA competition, but it is completely unacceptable for players with Clarkson and Randle mileage to keep playing such a putrid defense.

I'm confident Magic book is going to motivate them to become better players because the last thing we want next season is giving Boston a high pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Lonzo
Kcp
Clarkson

I'm not a fan of Clarkson. His whole thing is just turning out better than the typical 2nd round pick, who often doesn't stick in the league. To me, Clarkson is nothing more than a one-dimensional gunner who doesn't shoot well. He's a poor man's Jamal Crawford.

If a team would take him for nothing we would give him up in a second just to be out from under his contract.

I would be interested in knowing how a team could take him for nothing.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

The most in savings I believe we can get in a normal trade with Clarkson is around $4.6m before we're not taking enough salary back (assuming it's not a sweetheart expiring contract this season or the team is under the cap). Lucky for us that's just enough to sign Lebron and PG13 without any more external maneuvering.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
The most in savings I believe we can get in a normal trade with Clarkson is around $4.6m before we're not taking enough salary back (assuming it's not a sweetheart expiring contract this season or the team is under the cap). Lucky for us that's just enough to sign Lebron and PG13 without any more external maneuvering.

I'm not sure about the Lakers hanging back and waiting to trade away JC. Not too many teams that have 12.5m/annualized in cap space for a backup guard waiting. I would be proactive about it and not face a situation next summer where teams will demand much more to take him off our hands.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I'm not sure about the Lakers hanging back and waiting to trade away JC. Not too many teams that have 12.5m/annualized in cap space for a backup guard waiting. I would be proactive about it and not face a situation next summer where teams will demand much more to take him off our hands.

Getting him of the books by the trade deadline would be ideal for the 2 star plan.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart will be a pleasant surprise for the Lakers this season. He will provide much needed energy off the bench.
Josh kind of reminds me of a Dennis Johnson type of player. He is well-rounded and heady with a high BBIQ. His versatility includes his handles, passing ability and aggressive defense.

He knows how to win. His age (22), maturity, leadership and championship pedigree gives him an advantage over most young inexperienced players.

He is a good shooter and will help spread the floor when he comes off the bench. He also attacks the rim with confidence.
Hart is an aggressive defender and provides help defense too. He closes out quickly on shooters. He has good anticipation and doesn’t give up on plays defensively.
Hart is known as a hard worker and he improved every season while in college. IMO Hart will do whatever it takes to be successful at the NBA level.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers' Josh Hart On Rookie Goals, New Teammates & More

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart is 1 of those type of players that you know that the Spurs would have drafted, hes a high IQ with good fundamentals and those are the kind of players the Spurs love, I'm gonna predict that Hart is gonna play a vital role this year, he just looks poised and is humble.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

* What Josh Hart brings to the Lakers

Quote:
Josh Hart is a versatile shooting guard with NBA-level size and length who does a bit of everything to help the team win.
Hart is a very complete player, who’s best NBA attribute right now might be his jump shot (40.4 3p% last year). He’s a very efficient player, who’s added in some playmaking over time to his tough defense and mature style of play.

https://www.fanragsports.com/josh-hart-brings-lakers/

* Josh Hart wants to be ‘a defensive stopper’ for the Lakers
Quote:
The rookie knows where he wants to make his mark on the team.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/9/13/16303628/la-lakers-nba-draft-josh-hart-stats-college-defense-quotes-interview-popcorn-machine
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

“I want to be a defensive stopper. I want to go against the best players at my position, the best guards and put myself to the test,” Hart continued. “That’s what my goals are for this year: to keep getting better.”

"For me, defense is personal,” Hart said. ‘Obviously it’s tough to stop people one-on-one, but when you have this mindset that you’re going to take this personal and it’s you against the other guy, and there’s one ball and only one person is going to eat.”

“I want that to be me, so that’s something that I definitely think I can help by having that mindset going into this year,” Hart continued. “We’ll see how it goes.”

“You see there’s a lot of emphasis on scoring and getting up and down,” Hart said. “Obviously I love scoring. I love going in and dropping 20, 25, 30 and talking a little bit of trash. That’s cool, but when you match up against somebody and do it on the offensive end but then you’re able to come back, bunker down and get stops, that’s where games are won. You can score 100 points but if you give up 105 you’re going to lose, so I take pride in the defensive side of the ball.”

Players with this kind of mentality is exactly what the Lakers have been missing the last few years. Playing with/against KCP for at least this one season should benefit him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 25 of 163
Jump to: