OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Everybody is talking about Julius Randle offseason workouts, but on LA Lakers Facebook page there is a picture of Nance working out and he is looking great.

Good for us.

Looks like Magic's 8% or less body fat ultimatum is working
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
nash wrote:
Everybody is talking about Julius Randle offseason workouts, but on LA Lakers Facebook page there is a picture of Nance working out and he is looking great.

Good for us.

Looks like Magic's 8% or less body fat ultimatum is working

No its not. If we were using his ultimatum half our team would be fired right now lol.

I lke magic but come on
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
epak wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Still haven't forgotten this benchwarming punk calling Kobe a rapist.

Hope front office trades him for Glenn Robinson III.

Russian fake news claim.

Wow. What page was that comment from?

Larry did make that statement but it seemed more like a joke gone bad. He tweeted that he sure hopes Kobe can keep his hands to himself in Denver this time and then hashtagged #rapist when they were playing Denver in the playoffs in 2012. He was also complimentary of Kobe numerous times on his Twitter though, seems like he was trying to be funny. After the Lakers drafted him he quickly deleted it and apologized to Kobe afterwards.

Yea. I know the tweet was real.
I meant when did OP want Nance traded for GR3?
Over a tweet from years past?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Part of an ad but cool little article by Larry Nance.
https://www.biprousa.com/blog/view/why-im-hitting-the-beach-this-summer
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Lots of excitement about Kuzma. Randle the ultimate what-if guy with huge upside. Nance is a consistent 3pt shot and moderately improved rebounding away from being a really good forward in this league.

Great defensive recognition. Elite finisher. Great teammate.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

In this video Lukes favorite Skywalker Air Larry drops bombs on your moms.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Lots of excitement about Kuzma. Randle the ultimate what-if guy with huge upside. Nance is a consistent 3pt shot and moderately improved rebounding away from being a really good forward in this league.

Great defensive recognition. Elite finisher. Great teammate.

Dude is awesome. I'm hoping Jules will stay long term, but if not, still excited to have Nance/Kuz on the books for cheap.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Nance had to a play a ton with JC and Lou last year. JC would attack crowds before passing to him. Lou was his primary distributor. Not sure how the rotations will settle in, but I sure want to see some good minutes with Ball/Nance...maybe even push more of Julius's time for when Ball isn't on the floor since he can distribute the ball as a playmaker more to help our backup PGs.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Nance had to a play a ton with JC and Lou last year. JC would attack crowds before passing to him. Lou was his primary distributor. Not sure how the rotations will settle in, but I sure want to see some good minutes with Ball/Nance...maybe even push more of Julius's time for when Ball isn't on the floor since he can distribute the ball as a playmaker more to help our backup PGs.

Do you think the guards are the reason his numbers aren't better in the pick and roll? 33rd percentile with his leaping ability just seems crazy.

Sadly, he's probably still going to play a ton with JC who treats every PnR like an iso.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Economics would seem to favor Nance/Kuzma , hopefully we find a way to keep Randle, but we may have trouble fitting him in, especially with the 2 max plan.

It will be interesting to see between Randle and Nance, who has improved the most in outside shooting, and general defensive play. Randle has a big edge on rebounding, but Nance seems more focused when he is on the floor. Should be a good contest to see who is most improved.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Do you think the guards are the reason his numbers aren't better in the pick and roll? 37th percentile with his leaping ability just seems crazy.

Sadly, he's probably still going to play a ton with JC who treats every PnR like an iso.

Yeah but with Ball, he'd undoubtedly get more opportunities. Hell, just by running the floor he'll get another bucket or 2 per game.

Randle
Nance
Ingram
KCP
Lonzo

I want to see that line up a lot
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Folks keep telling Nance is a bad rebounder, but it is not true.

While Randle is an elite rebounder for a PF, Nance Reb/36 is not bad and that is basically the only stat he is behind Randle.

With a legit distributor like Ball in town I believe we are going to see Nance finishing at least one alley oop per game.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Do you think the guards are the reason his numbers aren't better in the pick and roll? 33rd percentile with his leaping ability just seems crazy.

Guards and I think personnel in general both play a pretty big role in that. He's been playing with non-floor spacing bigs, so the lane is going to be a little more clogged. Combine that with score-first guards in JC and Lou? That's not making it easy. Additionally, the weakest part of Russell's passing game was lobs.

Hard to say how it plays out. Lopez and Kuzma could take a lot of the two-man game away from Randle and Nance because of their threat to shoot, so that may limit the opportunities, but I'm really curious to see a lot of these lineup combinations (Kuzma/Nance for mobility on D...and Nance rolling while Kuzma spaces on O...and then speed in transition with those two; Nance/Lopez with either of BI or Kuzma for size and rim protection).
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Folks keep telling Nance is a bad rebounder, but it is not true.

While Randle is an elite rebounder for a PF, Nance Reb/36 is not bad and that is basically the only stat he is behind Randle.

With a legit distributor like Ball in town I believe we are going to see Nance finishing at least one alley oop per game.

Nance isn't a bad rebounder. He could even be elite if he imposed his athleticism on the game. In those games where he's really getting after it, you can see it on the glass, out-jumping guys, tipping out offensive boards from behind, etc. When he's not imposing himself on the game, you miss a lot of that from him. Only late in the season last year did we start to see the lightbulb go off in that regard. He even mentioned it. Hoping we see more of that from him out of the gates this year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr.'s Insane Summer Workouts Helping Him Reach His Biggest Goal

Quote:
Larry Nance Jr. is taking to the beach to up his game this offseason, and now he feels like he's flying around. Hear from the Larry about how he plans to elevate his game and the difference he can already feel this summer.

https://www.biprousa.com/blog/view/why-im-hitting-the-beach-this-summer

Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I actually rate LNJ a little bit higher than Randle at the moment. He does all the little things that Randle can't/doesn't do. Rnalde obviously has a higher ceiling.. but with him, it's like playing the lottery. You know more of what you're getting from LNJ.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
I actually rate LNJ a little bit higher than Randle at the moment. He does all the little things that Randle can't/doesn't do. Rnalde obviously has a higher ceiling.. but with him, it's like playing the lottery. You know more of what you're getting from LNJ.

Me too

Better IQ, better stats, should cost less and adapt to his role.

If not a fluke Kuzma has the kind of talent to make both bench options behind him, with LeBron in town eating so much capspace keeping Nance over more expensive options is a no brainer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Me too

If not a fluke Kuzma has the kind of talent to make both bench options behind him, with LeBron in town eating so much capspace keeping Nance over more expensive options is a no brainer.

Lebron in town? Must every thread be a fantasy?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Me too

Lebron in town? Must every thread be a fantasy?

At this point Kuzma is still a fantasy, someone just posted an article about Randle shortcomings and how his skillset is not suited to the modern NBA and Deng is a retired player still getting paid.

Nance is our best current option IMHO, but the goal is competing and we are saving money to sign superstars, it is not fantasy, it is our plan.

I'd love to see Kuzma game translating, but the kid still has to play his first NBA game while we know what Nance cwn give us for a fraction of what Randle and Deng are making.
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

lonzo to larry all day!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
lonzo to larry all day!!

That's gonna be fun, thats gonna be a exciting 1-2 punch attack.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
lonzo to larry all day!!

That's gonna be fun, thats gonna be a exciting 1-2 punch attack.

So much depends on minutes and how Luke decides to space them. I do think Larry needs to learn to roll better.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

Agree with this because Randle has been so bad on defense.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Agree with this because Randle has been so bad on defense.

Nance is more a team player, he does everything a team needs and while Randle has a greater amount of assists, I agree with Kuzma, he is a ball stopper while Nance is a ball mover.

Nance performed really well as starter and in my mind if there is a young player in our roster that can be better than him at the PF spot his name is Kuzma, but I can't allow myself to be so high on a late pick before he plays his first game against NBA competition, so at this point it is still Nance for me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 180 of 221
Jump to: