BREAKING OT: Kyrie traded to Celtics for Isaiah, Crowder, Zizic, and Nets' unprotected 2018 pick.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Wow, Boston got robbed. They practically gave up a Top 5 pick, Jae Crowder and Zizic for 6 inches of height.

IT has better numbers (absolute and advanced) than Kyrie last year. Plus he has proven he has the capability to lead a team to the ECF. Cavs are 4-18 without LBJ since he came back. Kyrie was a 12th seed at best when he was the lead dog pre-LBJ but he was only 22.

https://labs.statmuse.com/stories/0c1a44f4-0e8e-4596-bfc7-47bdcba24773

2016-2017 stats don't account for what happens when IT plays alongside LeBron since Thomas was the #1 option all year in Boston - or the obvious fact that Kyrie's stats were achieved playing #2 to LeBron. But hey, let's not let things like logic get in the way.

If Boston has trouble with the new roster, it won't be because of KI replacing IT. It will be due to losing Crowder's D.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
C's got Kyrie and we got a tampering investigation for a player we're
not even sure will want to come here next season; sounds about
right...

And the Celtics in moving Crowder's contract and not needing to pay Thomas have set themselves up to be further in the running for George after the season's over.

UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Wow, Boston got robbed. They practically gave up a Top 5 pick, Jae Crowder and Zizic for 6 inches of height.

IT has better numbers (absolute and advanced) than Kyrie last year. Plus he has proven he has the capability to lead a team to the ECF. Cavs are 4-18 without LBJ since he came back. Kyrie was a 12th seed at best when he was the lead dog pre-LBJ but he was only 22.

2016-2017 stats don't account for what happens when IT plays alongside LeBron since Thomas was the #1 option all year in Boston - or the obvious fact that Kyrie's stats were achieved playing #2 to LeBron. But hey, let's not let things like logic get in the way.

If Boston has trouble with the new roster, it won't be because of KI replacing IT. It will be due to losing Crowder's D.

Yeah. Can't looknat ITs numbers like that. I would expect ITs efficiency to go up and Kyries go down. Rather have KI though. He's like a year older than clarkson
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Yep so it will come down to what Hayward brings and what Brown and Tatum are capable of this season.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

If I'm a Celtics fan I like this trade long term. I've got a 25-year-old Kyrie and a 27-year-old Gordon Hayward. I've got Jaylin Brown and Jason Tatum who have IMO all star potential. If brown and Tatum develop I am a journeyman center away from being the next Golden State Warriors.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
right...

And the Celtics in moving Crowder's contract and not needing to pay Thomas have set themselves up to be further in the running for George after the season's over.

I doubt PG being a Laker fan all his life would screw the Lakers and sign with the Celts
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

If PG decides on a being a Celtic - for whatever reason, he'll lose all his LA privileges.
- Marcellus Wallace
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
right...

Celtic's don't have the cap-space to go after PG13.

They will have $93m committed to Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Tatum and Jaylen Brown.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I think Cleveland has finally accepted LBJ is leaving. This is a trade for future more than a final playoff run.

I hope IT smokes the Celtics in the playoffs.

It's a trade that saves them $20 mil. Can Crowder guard KD?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion, good move by Boston to get rid of Thomas and not have to deal with any fan pressure to pay him next year. I definitely do not see anyone backing up the Brinks truck for him now.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

The #1 pick got traded for the #60 pick from the same draft.

Last edited by PRLakeShow on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
right...

I doubt PG being a Laker fan all his life would screw the Lakers and sign with the Celts

He wasn't a Laker fan all his life.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
right...

He wasn't a Laker fan all his life.

Yes, originally a Clipper fan.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe that they have that pick. Does anybody doubt the Ccavs make the first pick in next years draft?

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
The #1 pick got traded for the #60 pick from the same draft.

Yes but its #60 + potential #1
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
I think Cleveland has finally accepted LBJ is leaving. This is a trade for future more than a final playoff run.

I hope IT smokes the Celtics in the playoffs.

It's a trade that saves them $20 mil. Can Crowder guard KD?

Nope and IT definitely can't guard curry. If anything crowder helps them guard Klay, shump or rose on curry, lebron still has to guard Durant.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
If I'm a Celtics fan I like this trade long term. I've got a 25-year-old Kyrie and a 27-year-old Gordon Hayward. I've got Jaylin Brown and Jason Tatum who have IMO all star potential. If brown and Tatum develop I am a journeyman center away from being the next Golden State Warriors.

lmao nope.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
I agree. I think all in all it was a good trade for both teams and Boston still has its young guns intact.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Cavs got better imo and life without bron for kyrie will be a struggle. Celtics still don't have an alpha
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
right...

They won't have the cap space to get George. Even if they got rid of everyone except Hayward, Kyrie, Horford and cap holds didn't exist, they still wouldn't enough.
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
MJST wrote:

If PG decides on a being a Celtic - for whatever reason, he'll lose all his LA privileges.
- Marcellus Wallace

How would they be in the running for George with 96 million in guaranteed salary next year? Their big 3 alone is at 80 million. They would have to dump Horford to get close.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

Cavs could either use that pick to get Michael Porter Jr in the coming draft OR they could trade it away to try to land another star to put next to LeBron in a trade that probably sends Love or Thompson elsewhere.

I think Cleveland is gonna start shopping Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love and see what one of them + that Brooklyn Nets Pick could nab them.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Defenses were focused on guarding IT last year. This year he will have Lebron relieve pressure. Fact is we haven't seen Kyrie lead his team without Lebron other than a 4-18 record and a 12th seed pre-Lebron. IT still has the higher TS% too. Not sure how you can discredit IT and the season he had.

If the Celtics don't do as well, It could very well be because of kI replacing IT. That's a big change to a team, to lose your leader, leading scorer and playmaker.

It's funny because the Reddit Celtics and Realgm board are in full on panic mode along with the general boards but many Lakers fans seem to like it for Boston. I definitely don't like this trade for the Celtics.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

lmao nope.

They still wouldn't have a top 15 player, let alone two top 5 like the Warriors.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

So happy the Celts gave away the Brooklyn pick. Brooklyn will be bad this year and that's looking like a certain Top 3 pick in the upcoming draft (which has the potential to have some game changers).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: