Nick Young, Ice Cube want to see Kobe Bryant play in Big3 next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject:

If y'all think Kobe is playing in the 3v3 league you're crazy.

Would I watch him if I he did? Sure. Would I bet my car, my job, my savings, my coin jar, and all my electronics that he won't?

Sure, easy bet. I would grab all those crappy credit card and personal credit offers I get in the mail out of the trash, and open all of them, and use that money to bet against it.

Kobe is trying to create an empire, the Big 3 league isn't big enough for him. If he wanted to participate, he would invest and/or host.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:

Would I watch him if I he did? Sure. Would I bet my car, my job, my savings, my coin jar, and all my electronics that he won't?

Sure, easy bet. I would grab all those crappy credit card and personal credit offers I get in the mail out of the trash, and open all of them, and use that money to bet against it.

Kobe is trying to create an empire, the Big 3 league isn't big enough for him. If he wanted to participate, he would invest and/or host.

Why are you assuming he could only want to do one or the other?
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Roon wrote:

Because if you look at what Kobe has done since retirement, what businesses he's created, listened to the words he has shared, he clearly has no desire to spend time preparing his body and mind to dominate some old timers league.

Kobe is still Kobe, he's not going to go into something half assed, and he has more important things to do.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Roon wrote:

Because if you look at what Kobe has done since retirement, what businesses he's created, listened to the words he has shared, he clearly has no desire to spend time preparing his body and mind to dominate some old timers league.

Kobe is still Kobe, he's not going to go into something half assed, and he has more important things to do.

Dude it's the Big 3, not the NBA. It is basically pickup ball and half court against retired guys, you don't have to mentally or physically prepare. Heck Charles Oakley went right out and played, you act like Kobe would have to live in the gym for the next nine months to hang with these guys. Maybe he doesn't want to play or maybe he does, pretending to know is just silly.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
What do these teams get paid?

I don't see the upside.

I was under the impression it's just a way to play the game you love, while giving you that being in the spotlight feel again.

Kobe was on CNBC pitching his new VC fund. I think the man has really moved on to bigger and better things. Tarnishing his legacy in a 2nd rate league just doesn't seem to fit at all.

The way I see it is that he wants to be a business man like Magic in his post playing career. Stuff like that will keep him very busy in retirement.

Yeah. He seems to have carried that work ethic from basketball into his post retirement life. It's inspiring to see.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
What do these teams get paid?

I don't see the upside.

I was under the impression it's just a way to play the game you love, while giving you that being in the spotlight feel again.

Kobe was on CNBC pitching his new VC fund. I think the man has really moved on to bigger and better things. Tarnishing his legacy in a 2nd rate league just doesn't seem to fit at all.

The way I see it is that he wants to be a business man like Magic in his post playing career. Stuff like that will keep him very busy in retirement.

Yeah. He seems to have carried that work ethic from basketball into his post retirement life. It's inspiring to see.

How so?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: