Paul George was asked if he'll join Lakers next season: "We'll See"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Paul George was asked if he'll join Lakers next season: "We'll See"

https://www.thescore.com/news/1358668

Quote:
Newly ensconced as a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Paul George was rolling on Friday at the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor weigh-in however, and was asked about the rumor he'll end up with his hometown Lakers after this season.

"We'll see," George told Showtime's Jim Gray. He continued, "I'm a Thunder, and my job is to give them the best I have this year. We'll see what happens after that."

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm a Laker sounds so much better
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

He's so gone.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

InB4 someone says he's trolling.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

"I'm a Thunder."

"I'm a HEAT."

"I'm a Jazz."

"I'm a Magic."

Sounds awful lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

He is Lakers bound. actually to make it more interesting I can see the Thunder and the Lakers working out a trade if they know PG isn't gonna sign a extension in OKC. that is of course pending on George signing a extension once he's traded to the Lakers.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
"I'm a Thunder."

"I'm a HEAT."

"I'm a Jazz."

"I'm a Magic."

Sounds awful lol

lol this is true
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Birdman hand rub
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Music to Laker fan's ears.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Would consider buying his jersey.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
He is Lakers bound. actually to make it more interesting I can see the Thunder and the Lakers working out a trade if they know PG isn't gonna sign a extension in OKC. that is of course pending on George signing a extension once he's traded to the Lakers.
that would be really interesting. I wonder if the league would shoot down that trade with the Lakers being investigated. Or I wonder if they would say that be can't resign with his own team lol. I'm sure they could work something out like Randle (gone any way), Clarkson (we need to shed his salary any way) and some added sweetener like Hart.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like another tampering charge is coming, this one from the Thunder....!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject:

We'll see... damn. Is there anything closer he can say than yes?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
"I'm a Thunder."

"I'm a HEAT."

"I'm a Jazz."

"I'm a Magic."

Sounds awful lol

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

Sounds like the stuff Dwight was saying when he wanted to leave Orlando, thus creating the distraction that was that year.

Glad we don't currently have a player that's doing that to us in interviews, especially after being traded here, especially after his actions with his teammates in the playoffs, if that happened we'd probably be questioning his maturity/leadership.

Could you imagine if Cousins wanted out of New Orleans after getting on Jrue Holiday for taking a final shot, got one, and then missed, got traded here, and told reporters "we'll see" when they asked if he'd still be a Laker next year after the drama he caused New Orleans both at the end of the season and off-season? Would be quite a hellstorm the media would eat up, and we'd all be pissed.

We'll definitely see, though.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Sounds like the stuff Dwight was saying when he wanted to leave Orlando, thus creating the distraction that was that year.

Glad we don't currently have a player that's doing that to us in interviews, especially after being traded here, especially after his actions with his teammates in the playoffs, if that happened we'd probably be questioning his maturity/leadership.

Could you imagine if Cousins wanted out of New Orleans after getting on Jrue Holiday for taking a final shot, got one, and then missed, got traded here, and told reporters "we'll see" when they asked if he'd still be a Laker next year after the drama he caused New Orleans both at the end of the season and off-season? Would be quite a hellstorm the media would eat up, and we'd all be pissed.

So you don't want George? Okay. Who do you want instead then?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Wait....about a week ago, weren't you feverishly arguing against the Lakers signing LeBron, and suggested Cousins as the alternative?

Do tell what planet you're currently living in where it makes sense to imply that the Lakers shouldn't go after Paul George for his alleged immaturity and poor leadership, while simultaneously being in favor of bringing in Demarcus Amir Cousins himself.

Last edited by Judah on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

So you don't want George? Okay. Who do you want instead then?

I'd take LeBron, Westbrook or Cousins over George at this point of those available.

I could mention maturity, which has seemed to be an issue for years since Danny Granger was traded away and he lost his mentor but you could say Cousins has an attitude or maturity issues too. Cousins however is the best center in the NBA. George is far from the best wing or forward. George tbh imho isn't even better than Jimmy Butler.

Judah wrote:

Wait....about a week ago, weren't you feverishly arguing against the Lakers the Lakers signing LeBron, and suggested Cousins as the alternative?

Do tell what planet you're currently living in where it makes sense to imply that the Lakers shouldn't go after Paul George for his alleged immaturity and poor leadership, while simultaneously being in favor of bringing in Demarcus Amir Cousins himself.

strawman away.

1) I said I wouldn't want LeBron on a 1+1 cause we don't need the drama. For 3-4 years I'd take LeBron in a heartbeat and said as such.

2) I said the positive to getting a guy like Cousins in free agency is that HE CHOSE to be here. What that means is that he buys into the vision, role and expectations that Luke and Magic will give him and what he must dedicate himself to.

If Cousins didn't want to be a part of it or take on that responsibility, he wouldn't sign here. Him signing here means he would want to, at least initially, which is starting yourself on the right foot with a player with the temperament/mentality of Cousins.

You also consider his closeness with Randle, and the fact he's hired Randle's trainer to get him in the same kind of shape and has already seen drastic results this off-season with his body. I'll take a committed and buying into what we're selling Cousins any day.

Also Cousins' attitude is the same kind of attitude and competitiveness other alpha's have brought, the difference is Cousins was on a team where he never had a player better than Isaiah Thomas or Rudy Gay, and he hated losing and acted out on the court. At the same time, he never called out a teammate for taking a final shot and he never blabbed to the media about wanting to be traded. And outside of the court did a ton of things in Sacramento and all around you probably have no idea about because he didn't want the recognition for them. But that's beside the point.

The "immaturity" and "too competitive alpha" label with Cousins, goes away as soon as he starts winning. if Kobe was on a team like Sacramento his mentality would be treated the same way cause his team wasn't winning, heck, HOW LONG was his mentality STILL treated that way when we WERE winning and didn't really go away till about 2007.

Winning cures all, but when we're talking about a guy like Cousins, the way you reach him is you have the scenario and situation he buys into. Mike Malone worked very well with him because of this, and Sacramento fired Malone cause the Kings were losing while Cousins was hurt.. that's their idiocy.

If the Lakers sold Cousins their vision/idea/requirement/expectations to him and for him and HE AGREED to join the Lakers, it means he buys into what Magic and what more importantly Luke is trying to sell him and THAT is the best foot to start on with a player like that, which is why obtaining Cousins in free agency is the ONLY way I'd do it. Because of that reason.

Argue against either of those notions if you like, but at LEAST get them right.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject:

I love that answer
And with RW not signing his big money yet either.
Hopefully Thunder don't do well in the standings.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Sounds like another tampering charge is coming, this one from the Thunder....!

They no doubt got in Indy's ear to file that in the first place. Gilbert, too, truth be told. Small market skags.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject:

I'm glad Cousins isn't one of our worries. He reminds me of Dwight. Those clips of Cuz sidestepping drivers/cutters on D don't scream uber-competitiveness.
JuliusRandall
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

Paul George as a "Pippen" to a commited Lebron would work well here.

And if Lonzo reaches transcendence in a few years we are set to compete again.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

Funny. George as a Pippen to LeBron would work well anywhere.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Paul George was asked if he'll join Lakers next season: "We'll See"

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://www.thescore.com/news/1358668

Quote:
Newly ensconced as a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder, Paul George was rolling on Friday at the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor weigh-in however, and was asked about the rumor he'll end up with his hometown Lakers after this season.

"We'll see," (that the Thunder were very unwise to give up anything for me since everybody knows I'm a future Laker) George told Showtime's Jim Gray. He continued, "I'm (eventually) a Thunder(Laker), and my job is to give them (Thunder) the best I have (until I'm a Laker) this(next) year. We'll (Thunder) see what happens after (I'm a Laker) that."

The emboldened is just lettin' ya'll know what he really meant, but couldn't say.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: