Official Los Angeles Rams Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
They took off the parking brake.....this team actually looks watchable now. New receiving threats, new coaching staff with a change of attitude, and a bigger improved Goff at the helm.

Yup. Goff wouldn't have even tried that pass to Watkins in the end zone last season. His touch gives me hope he can be productive QB in the red zone.

Run blocking is still an issue on that right side with Havenstein and Brown but it was good to see Gurley find the holes in the middle and on the left side. Overall, pass protection was pretty good though. Malcolm Brown looks like the kind of bulldozer we can use for 3rd and short situations.

I'm liking the two rookies (Kupp and Everett). I can see both taking starting jobs away from Austin and Higbee before the season ends.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
They took off the parking brake.....this team actually looks watchable now. New receiving threats, new coaching staff with a change of attitude, and a bigger improved Goff at the helm.

Yup. Goff wouldn't have even tried that pass to Watkins in the end zone last season. His touch gives me hope he can be productive QB in the red zone.

Run blocking is still an issue on that right side with Havenstein and Brown but it was good to see Gurley find the holes in the middle and on the left side. Overall, pass protection was pretty good though. Malcolm Brown looks like the kind of bulldozer we can use for 3rd and short situations.

I'm liking the two rookies (Kupp and Everett). I can see both taking starting jobs away from Austin and Higbee before the season ends.

Kupp looks like a stud. Already liking him better than Tavon. He had some ridiculous grabs in traffic yesterday. Tavon and his ridiculous contract can go, as far as I'm concerned. Not a fan of him and his on field antics.... high-stepping after an 8 yard catch, while you're down 4 TDs to the 9ers is NOT a good look.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

Cooper Kupp is probably going to be one of the breakout rookies on the Rams. His play on the field looks like that of somebody who has several years in the NFL.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Kupp is the opposite of Tavon. He's a lunchpail guy who gets open before the catch. Not the best athletically but runs crisp routes and plays smart. Decent size too at 6'2. Reminds me of a Jordan Matthews. Austin is dynamic after the catch but rarely gets open and has Kwame hands.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Rams took out most of the starters today.....
Sadly, they left Goff in and he doesn't look that good in the "Battle for LA".
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

The Rams jersey/helmet combo looks AWFUL. Like if you're going with those helmets change the jersey too...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Rams took out most of the starters today.....
Sadly, they left Goff in and he doesn't look that good in the "Battle for LA".

What bothered me more than the turnovers was Goff/McVay got gun shy about throwing the football. It's preseason. Let Goff make his mistakes and learn how to recover from them.

Havenstein/Brown continue to disappoint. Maybe they should try switching them back and let Brown be the tackle. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to see how Robinson would work out at RT. Until they fix that right side they're going to have to stick with Higbee for additional blocking giving Goff one less receiver.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
The Rams jersey/helmet combo looks AWFUL. Like if you're going with those helmets change the jersey too...

Yeah, it does. They're saving the new jerseys for the new stadium since the NFL only allows teams to change primary uniforms every few years.

Given the new helmet, I'm guessing the new uniforms will look similar to the 1960s ones of the Roman Gabriel/Fearsome Foursome era.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

I think the fans are more concerned with the Rams on field play than they are with their uniforms. The awful offensive last year did a lot of damage in getting people to show up at the Coliseum.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Of all the one day retirement ceremonies that have happened in pro sports this is by far the lamest one of them all...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/28/eric-dickerson-to-retire-a-ram-with-a-one-day-deal-discussing-role-in-organization/

Quote:
Eric Dickerson to retire a Ram with a one-day deal, discussing role in organization

Eric Dickerson retired after the 1993 season. He entered the Hall of Fame in the Class of 1999.

Yet, the Rams announced Dickerson will sign a one-day contract with the team Tuesday to retire as a member of the team.

“Eric took the NFL by storm the moment he joined the Rams – from an outstanding rookie season, to a string of Pro Bowls and awards, and an unforgettable 1984 season to claim the league’s single-season rushing title,” Rams Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff said, via the team website. “While Eric has always been a member of the Rams family, we believe that it was time to officially cement his legacy as a member of the Los Angeles Rams, as his accomplishments and contributions to our franchise deserve to be celebrated and remembered forever. We are proud to honor the Hall of Fame career of Eric Dickerson with his family and Rams fans everywhere.”

Dickerson, 56, spent the first four years and three games of his career with the Rams after they made him the No. 2 overall pick in 1983. He had 7,245 of his 13,259 yards and 56 of his 90 touchdowns with the Rams before they traded him to the Colts in a blockbuster deal.

“It feels amazing to sign this contract and officially be a Los Angeles Ram for life,” Dickerson said. “My passion for this organization during my playing days and for the players wearing Rams jerseys now, is undeniable. This is where my career started and this is where my heart is, so closing this chapter with the Rams back in Los Angeles feels right. I would like to thank Stan Kroenke and the Rams for this opportunity and all of the fans for their outpouring support over the years.”

It appears a peace offering from the team after last year’s dust-up between Dickerson and then-coach Jeff Fisher. Dickerson claimed Fisher didn’t want him on the sidelines, which Fisher denied. The Rams fired Fisher in December.

Dickerson said on AM 570 in Los Angeles that he and the Rams are discussing an official role for him in the organization.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Yeah, it does. They're saving the new jerseys for the new stadium since the NFL only allows teams to change primary uniforms every few years.

Given the new helmet, I'm guessing the new uniforms will look similar to the 1960s ones of the Roman Gabriel/Fearsome Foursome era.

A modern take on those jerseys would look fantastic! But they should have just left their uniforms as they were until they changed them completely
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Heading out to the opening day game versus Indy. Last season we went to the opening game versus Seattle. It was ridiculously HOT and completely PACKED. I understand they scaled back the allowed capacity... I'm not even sure fans are going to sell the game out anyways, tbh. Attendance dropped as the season went on last year. As expected when you have a crap product. Thanks, Fisher.

The day itself was amazing though. We took the Goldline all the way there... tailgated for a few hours... caught the mini- RHCP "concert" pre-game and enjoyed a FG show... 9-6 victory. LOL

Looking forward to doing it again this year.... HOPEFULLY I get to witness an actual TOUCHDOWN this season. The 3 games I attended last year they scored 1 TD in total... but that was in garbage time and I had already left to TRY and beat traffic.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Heading out to the opening day game versus Indy. Last season we went to the opening game versus Seattle. It was ridiculously HOT and completely PACKED. I understand they scaled back the allowed capacity... I'm not even sure fans are going to sell the game out anyways, tbh. Attendance dropped as the season went on last year. As expected when you have a crap product. Thanks, Fisher.

The day itself was amazing though. We took the Goldline all the way there... tailgated for a few hours... caught the mini- RHCP "concert" pre-game and enjoyed a FG show... 9-6 victory. LOL

Looking forward to doing it again this year.... HOPEFULLY I get to witness an actual TOUCHDOWN this season. The 3 games I attended last year they scored 1 TD in total... but that was in garbage time and I had already left to TRY and beat traffic.

They should score a TD this time against a pathetic Colts defense. And it's looking like Luck won't play. The Rams really have a great chance to start 1-0. The Colts are probably the 2nd-worst team in football without Luck.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

Think I'll pass on tonight's game against the Packers.

Quote:
Head coach Sean McVay announced earlier this week that the starters on offense and defense would not take the field for Thursday’s game.

We didn't have Real Training Camp series following the team this season so I'm not familiar with any of the players on the bubble. I have to admit, this season's RTC with the Bucs was a lot more entertaining.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20619172/holdout-aaron-donald-expected-miss-opener-los-angeles-rams

Thats gotta put a damper on the season if they can't resolve his contract soon.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20648801/aaron-donald-reports-los-angeles-rams-ending-holdout

Still wonder if he'll be there in the long term though. I bet it stings that the Rams didn't give him the contract he wanted. He might just be a goner once his current contract expires.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20648801/aaron-donald-reports-los-angeles-rams-ending-holdout

Still wonder if he'll be there in the long term though. I bet it stings that the Rams didn't give him the contract he wanted. He might just be a goner once his current contract expires.

Money talks. If the Rams are the highest bidder if it expires, he'll stay.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Couldn't make the game today due to some family stuff, but my buddy was able to snag front row 35 yard line seats for $55 bucks on stub hub. Abiut 2 hours before the game.

I'm a little pissed rt now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I saw some seats for $6 bucks.....but then I saw the weather report and decided to watch at home....needless to say I think a lot of people are doing the same considering the stadium is pretty empty.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Yea. Last years opening game was brutal. Super crowded and hot as hell. There is NO shade st all there.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Yep, I'm surprised they are updating the Coliseum but aren't going to install some shade covers over the stadium. I guess they didn't want to ruin the look. Nevertheless, most USC games are on Saturday night so it probably doesn't matter for the main tenant.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Rams up 10-0.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Goff looking good. He didn't have the composure to make that kind of play last season.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Rams are improved but I also think its because the Colts are just that bad.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Colts OL is terrible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 43 of 72
Jump to: