Kyrie Irving wants to be traded.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
I find myself feeling for Isaiah in all of this.

Balls out for the Celtics and gets dumped for Kyrie Irving....
Must have been a blow for the ego.

Well, if he didn't start believing his own press and declaring he's worth the max, maybe Danny would've waited. Who would give a 5'9" one-way player a max contract? He's not Nate Archibald (who led the league in scoring and assists). I think the Cavs will not give him the max and let him walk if necessary. It's all about the Nets 2018 pick.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Possible curve ball: Isaiah Thomas may have failed his physical.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/25/isaiah-thomas-hip-injury-kyrie-irving-trade
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

There is no current curveball.

Woj just said that Thomas took his physical, Cavs have it, if Thomas doesn't pass the Cavs can void it, and the Cavs are just preparing for any outcome.

So called journalists ran with that trying to imply that Thomas failed his physical and Cleveland is gonna void the trade. Sickening. But it was done so that if it did happen they could say they broke it, and if not, they got clicks for basically making something out of a "Thomas took physical, Cavs prepared for any result." message and turning into "Thomas failed physical, Cavs may void trade!"
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Woj just said that Thomas took his physical, Cavs have it, if Thomas doesn't pass the Cavs can void it, and the Cavs are just preparing for any outcome.

So called journalists ran with that trying to imply that Thomas failed his physical and Cleveland is gonna void the trade. Sickening. But it was done so that if it did happen they could say they broke it, and if not, they got clicks for basically making something out of a "Thomas took physical, Cavs prepared for any result." message and turning into "Thomas failed physical, Cavs may void trade!"

The trade Is a done deal, Kyrie can't go back to the Cavs anyway... if anything, Cavs just gonna ask Boston to give up more
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Here is the latest from Woj:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20465022/cleveland-cavaliers-boston-celtics-discuss-uncertainty-blockbuster-trade

I don't know whether what you're saying is valid or just semantics. That's not intended as a potshot at you, as I realize that you are basing you comments on what Woj said. But I don't see the practical difference between a failed physical that lets the Cavs void the trade and a non-failed physical that lets the Cavs back out of the trade. Woj is great in a lot of ways, but he's never been the best with the technicalities. It may be that the Cavs made the trade contingent on their examination of Thomas. This would make sense, but it the results were such that the trade is on hold, how is that materially different from a failed physical?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Also keep in mind, that the Lakers did the same thing with Dwight in 2012 as he was coming off injury and surgery to his back. This is the kind of stuff that happens all the time. It's just being super covered right now as an abnormality because it's a situation dealing with the Cavs.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Did you read the Woj texts that this all stems from? He said a lot more than "Thomas took physical, Cavs prepared for any result."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

The trade Is a done deal, Kyrie can't go back to the Cavs anyway... if anything, Cavs just gonna ask Boston to give up more

Think it's a lot easier for the Cavs to take back Kyrie, a guy who asked out, than for the Celtics to take back the guys they traded who didn't ask for any of this.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

They had Woj on the air a few minutes ago. He is not the most articulate live speaker, but what I took from it was this:

1. The Cavs think that the injury is worse than advertised and that Isaiah's recovery prospects are worse than expected, in the sense that he may miss a good bit of the coming season.

2. The Cavs have until Thursday to decide whether Isaiah failed the physical.

3. The Cavs have already told the Celtics that they want something added to the deal to compensate for Isaiah's worse than expected prognosis.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
They had Woj on the air a few minutes ago. He is not the most articulate live speaker, but what I took from it was this:

1. The Cavs think that the injury is worse than advertised and that Isaiah's recovery prospects are worse than expected, in the sense that he may miss a good bit of the coming season.

3. The Cavs have already told the Celtics that they want something added to the deal to compensate for Isaiah's worse than expected prognosis.

Cavs want them to include Marcus Banks.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Think it's a lot easier for the Cavs to take back Kyrie, a guy who asked out, than for the Celtics to take back the guys they traded who didn't ask for any of this.

My guess is IT4 won't be back in a Celtic uniform no matter what happens. Usually when a team tries to trade you the player won't go back and act as if nothing happened.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LOL!

I can't imagine stingy Ainge coughing up more assets. I believe he's shrewd and that he already let them know IT has hip issues and that's the reason why they included the valuable draft pick. They might be able to squeeze a 2nd rounder from the Celtics, but that's all.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

My guess is IT4 won't be back in a Celtic uniform no matter what happens. Usually when a team tries to trade you the player won't go back and act as if nothing happened.

Odom.

Horry and Elliott are the only two I can recall and that was long ago. Elliott was in Detroit and after that trade was nixed because he didn't pass the physical, the Spurs got him back after the season. He had a kidney transplant years later. Spurs musta known he had a problem before attempting that trade. Either rate, Horry WAS pissed upon his return to Houston by his own account and it gave him an F it incentive to shoot more, in the process becoming the version of Horry that most of us remember. Thomas is already a more developed player than Horry probably was at that stage of his career. He knows they ultimately dumped him off after he did a whole lot for them. It's not like he can rationalize to himself that he didn't give it his all there and that they had every right to be disappointed with him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LOL!

I can't imagine stingy Ainge coughing up more assets. I believe he's shrewd and that he already let them know IT has hip issues and that's the reason why they included the valuable draft pick. They might be able to squeeze a 2nd rounder from the Celtics, but that's all.

Everyone knew IT had hip issues. But if the Cavs knew the extent of the issues, I can't see why they would be having a meeting on Tuesday to discuss it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

LOL!

Everyone knew IT had hip issues. But if the Cavs knew the extent of the issues, I can't see why they would be having a meeting on Tuesday to discuss it.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Well, this is going to be very awkward for all parties involved if the trade is rescinded...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Well, this is going to be very awkward for all parties involved if the trade is rescinded...

Yep, I'm sure you recall how it effected Odum and Gasol...
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

The Cavs are reportedly eyeing Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown as extra compensation. Are they kidding? The Cavs are getting greedy, I wouldn't give them anything extra if I was Ainge. He was going to trade away IT anyway because he wasn't paying him the max. Let the Cavs try working with a disgruntled Kyrie.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
The Cavs are reportedly eyeing Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown as extra compensation. Are they kidding? The Cavs are getting greedy, I wouldn't give them anything extra if I was Ainge. He was going to trade away IT anyway because he wasn't paying him the max. Let the Cavs try working with a disgruntled Kyrie.

We'll see who blinks.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

Shenanigans
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

if i am the Celtics, i would tell the Cavs" i will buy a bag of popcorn and watch the Kyrie Lebron show next season".
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Then they need to make this deal work, they have destroyed IT's trade value.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Buck32 wrote:

if i am the Celtics, i would tell the Cavs" i will buy a bag of popcorn and watch the Kyrie Lebron show next season".

Everyone already had their bag of popcorn out to watch the Cavs.

Suddenly Screen 2 now has the Celtics. It's a very bad situation for them now if this doesn't go through.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That's putting it nicely. He's awful on TV. He should stick to tweeting/writing, but I think ESPN paid him way too much for that.

As far as this deal, I think either Ainge wasn't honest about IT's condition or the Cavs are just having second thoughts. I can't believe the Cavs didn't know more about IT's hip, if they didn't do their homework about IT's condition through back channels, they're idiots.

I can't imagine this trade not going through, what a nightmare that would be, especially for Boston.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That's putting it nicely. He's awful on TV. He should stick to tweeting/writing, but I think ESPN paid him way too much for that.

As far as this deal, I think either Ainge wasn't honest about IT's condition or the Cavs are just having second thoughts. I can't believe the Cavs didn't know more about IT's hip, if they didn't do their homework about IT's condition through back channels, they're idiots.

I can't imagine this trade not going through, what a nightmare that would be, especially for Boston.

Actually I think the Cavs did their homework on IT, but they're just trying to con the C's. Problem is Ainge is also a conman himself. I hate the Celtics but I hope this blows in Dan Gilbert's face.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: