OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
markjay wrote:
22 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
I'll wait till I see Julius paired with Lonzo before comparing. My hunch is Zo makes a big difference. Also to see Kuz vs real NBA comp. Julius has had quite a few monster games in the NBA already.

As GT has said, it shouldn't take long to see if they have chemistry together either. It literally took Kuz and Zo just one game to click.

I agree it shouldn't take long but not necessarily a single game. SPL comp is significantly different than reg NBA. We won't even KCP for the first two games with his suspension. But if Zo looks comfortable then it shouldn't take long for the other players to gel

With KCP out the first two games, what do people think of this starting lineup?
PG: Lonzo
SG: Ingram
SF: Kuzma
PF: Randle
C: Lopez

I bet we start Hart or Ennis so we can adjust Clarkson to his 6th man role early

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Randle
Lopez

Oh man I wasn't following the quote train and was so confused at first. Will have to figure it out in training camp, but I'd like to see Hart in there.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
It's on Randle to completely change his game..
its not that hard to do because it's the zo effect. Kuz didn't play like this at Utah did he? Did Vander Blue? Nope. The way Zo plays is infectious

You know Julius' passes are bout to be even more fire playing off Zo I can't wait.

I have close to zero reservations about his fit with Zo. Just needs to let the jumper fly like kuz did and everything will open up.

Randle's game so far has been more of a departure from what you want going forward w/ Lonzo, than Kuzma's was at Utah. Kuzma was a shooter his last few months in college, as well as at the combine scrimmage. He was also more willing to work in P/R, and run lanes. Those 3 facets are big question marks for Randle.
everyone also thought he was a slow back to the basket big like ZBO coming out of college too. He tries to do what is asked of him. With Zo that will be diff than what he did with DLO

Nope I thought he played like a brute, like when LeBron hurdles into the lane. I also thought he didn't have Lebron's athleticism, vision, or perimeter skills.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Rookies praise Kyle Kuzma for his shooting ability

Quote:
Recently, NBA Rookies were polled about who they thought was the best shooter in the draft was.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/08/25/los-angeles-lakers-rookies-praise-kyle-kuzma-shooting-ability/
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Recently, NBA Rookies were polled about who they thought was the best shooter in the draft was.

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/08/25/los-angeles-lakers-rookies-praise-kyle-kuzma-shooting-ability/

He only got 5.4 percent of the votes? Prove em wrong Kuz.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

He only got 5.4 percent of the votes? Prove em wrong Kuz.

I look for Kuz to average 8-10 points per game this season. He has all the skills to be a really good player in this league. He will be a big part of this team going forward.
Quote:
Rob (Lowe) Pelinka said, “I think Kyle Kuzma becomes a posterchild, in a sense of just representing that game of a player that can do everything and is positionless […] He just had a spirit in his step, just an aggressiveness and a chip on his shoulder. He plays in attack mode at all times, I think we saw that in Summer League so we’re really, really excited about him.”
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

We're so busy wondering if his SPL play will translate. He got better after college and has 3 months to get even better before the season starts. Whether it's this year or beyond, his game is going to grow even better. He's on pace to be a bright star one day in the future.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Watching the Lakers/Celtics summer league game on Spectrum right now. Kuz is such an underrated passer. He just keeps swinging the ball and finding cutters. The ball doesn't stick in his hands. He's a joy to watch. Complete opposite of Randle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Watching the Lakers/Celtics summer league game on Spectrum right now. Kuz is such an underrated passer. He just keeps swinging the ball and finding cutters. The ball doesn't stick in his hands. He's a joy to watch. Complete opposite of Randle.

Yeah and I think that's exactly what Luke wants... Nance does it well too (though not on the level of Kuz). Randle is very much a good player but I see him more of a small ball C if he's in there for closing mins. Kuz is just better suited for today's PF.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

There is really no comparisons and we have results to show that.

Another thing is that he took the challenge going after one of the most offensively skilled players of his class and didn't back down.

I'm a bit anxious to see how his skillset translates to the next level, because while in my head Nance was clearly a better player than Randle by a small margin, Kuzma skillset makes him the natural long term fit at this position.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

Nice interview given by Jesse Buss about Kuzma and the draft

LINK

Quote:
Buss: We’ve kept the process the same. With the input of our scouts, we all work together to orchestrate our big board, and Kuzma was the highest guy on our board when we came up at No. 27. We actually had him much higher than 27th on our board; it just worked out that he fell to us. We were ecstatic when we made the pick.

MT: I know you won’t tell me exactly where you had him on the board, but it was significantly higher?

Buss: Yes a significant number. Several spots. He was our highest ranked college prospect we’ve gotten outside the lottery (in the past several years). This being the deep draft that it was, you just felt like getting a top-20 pick – at least in our rankings – was going to be a rotational player no matter what. He gives us a different look in terms of what we have at that position.

Considering Shaw said last year that Zubac was #16 in their board, Kuzma was likely a lottery pick for the Lakers scouting team. Major props!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I take these interviews with a slight grain of salt. Like how Danny Ainge says how Tatum was his #1 pick all along. Nothing wrong with it but it's impossible to verify, and can also be self-serving.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Yeah and I think that's exactly what Luke wants... Nance does it well too (though not on the level of Kuz). Randle is very much a good player but I see him more of a small ball C if he's in there for closing mins. Kuz is just better suited for today's PF.

IMO Kuz and Nance can man the PF slot if we loose Randle in our bid to land some big name free agents.

Both Nance and Kuz are superior defenders and Kuz is a superior shooter than both Randle and Nance. We would be more than fine loosing Randle, we would actually improve. Defense and spacing wins games now. And combined they are much cheaper than Julius.

Big year ahead for Randle to prove the doubters (me) wrong.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

LINK

Quote:
Buss: We’ve kept the process the same. With the input of our scouts, we all work together to orchestrate our big board, and Kuzma was the highest guy on our board when we came up at No. 27. We actually had him much higher than 27th on our board; it just worked out that he fell to us. We were ecstatic when we made the pick.

MT: I know you won’t tell me exactly where you had him on the board, but it was significantly higher?

Buss: Yes a significant number. Several spots. He was our highest ranked college prospect we’ve gotten outside the lottery (in the past several years). This being the deep draft that it was, you just felt like getting a top-20 pick – at least in our rankings – was going to be a rotational player no matter what. He gives us a different look in terms of what we have at that position.

Considering Shaw said last year that Zubac was #16 in their board, Kuzma was likely a lottery pick for the Lakers scouting team. Major props!

I think you are interpreting that out of context.
He said "college prospect" - Zu did not go to college, he was an international player
so, when you seem to be thinking that quote makes him higher rated then Shaw saying "Zu was at 16 on the board last year", it's not a correct correlation.

"Yes a significant number. Several spots" looks like Jesse actually seems to be implying they had him in the low 20's or high teens range.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

LINK

Quote:

He said "college prospect" - Zu did not go to college, he was an international player
so, when you seem to be thinking that quote makes him higher rated then Shaw saying "Zu was at 16 on the board last year", it's not a correct correlation.

"Yes a significant number. Several spots" looks like Jesse actually seems to be implying they had him in the low 20's or high teens range.

You're right, I've missed that detail. Thanks.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

To be fair, the Lakers have said this about every one of their picks for as far as i can remember.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

LINK

Quote:

Agreed, P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

LINK

Quote:

Sounds like he was talking somewhere in the 17-20 range.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
To be fair, the Lakers have said this about every one of their picks for as far as i can remember.

It was the standard Mitch quote after every pick.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Every pick the Lakers make is the person who's their highest draft prospect on their board.

Clarkson
Larry Nance Jr
Zubac
Kyle Kuzma

Those guys were all the highest on their board at their time of drafting them, that has always been the formula with Jesse, Ryan and Mitch. Whomever is their highest ranked prospect when their number comes is who they draft.

the most important thing is that Kuzma was their highest on the board that fell to them in the last several years. That means that they had Kuzma overall on the board higher than Clarkson, Nance or Zubac before him.

For instance if they had Clarkson as a 17th prospect, Nance at 18th highest, Zubac as their 20th highest, then Kuzma may have been a guy they ranked 15th or higher in the lottery that fell to them. Which is a very good thing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers think Kyle Kuzma can play small forward

The front office sees a lot of versatility in their young forward.

Quote:
Between his hot shooting and quick feet on the perimeter allowing him to defend laterally, some noise was starting to build about Kuzma getting minutes at small forward during the upcoming season despite most assuming he was just a power forward when he was taken 27th overall in the 2017 NBA Draft.

During an interview with Mike Trudell of Lakers.com, Lakers Director of Scouting and Assistant General Manager Jesse Buss revealed he’s among those that think Kuzma can play both positions:.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/29/16224292/la-lakers-kyle-kuzma-small-forward-power-forward-nba-summer-league-stats-lonzo-ball
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Explain Why They Have High Expectations For Kyle Kuzma

Quote:
assistant GM and director of scouting Jesse Buss admits Kuzma was the highest ranked prospect they've gotten out of the lottery in several years and explains why they have such high expectations for their No. 27 pick. Plus, why do they have so much faith in Kuzma's shooting ability?

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Between his hot shooting and quick feet on the perimeter allowing him to defend laterally, some noise was starting to build about Kuzma getting minutes at small forward during the upcoming season despite most assuming he was just a power forward when he was taken 27th overall in the 2017 NBA Draft.

During an interview with Mike Trudell of Lakers.com, Lakers Director of Scouting and Assistant General Manager Jesse Buss revealed he’s among those that think Kuzma can play both positions:.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/29/16224292/la-lakers-kyle-kuzma-small-forward-power-forward-nba-summer-league-stats-lonzo-ball

That's great news if he can play the 3 too. Ingram & Kuz could be our 3's for years and years to come. If Kuz out plays all our forwards then that's just a really good problem to have, although I have a feeling Ingram will be the best forward we have.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

The front office sees a lot of versatility in their young forward. :nod:

Quote:

That's great news if he can play the 3 too. Ingram & Kuz could be our 3's for years and years to come. If Kuz out plays all our forwards then that's just a really good problem to have, although I have a feeling Ingram will be the best forward we have.

Next year

Brook Lopez (hometown discount)/Zubac
James/Nance or Randle
Ingram/Kuzma
George/Hart
Ball/Clarkson
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Next year

Brook Lopez (hometown discount)/Zubac
James/Nance or Randle
Ingram/Kuzma
George/Hart
Ball/Clarkson

Next year is not mathematically possible

Only way to keep Lopez and/or Jules is to trade Deng and Clarkson while not taking back any money. JC, I think is very possible to move. Deng, not so much.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

The PF of the future

Link

Quote:
In the annual rookie survey, Kuzma placed in the top five for the categories of likely Rookie of the Year, best career and best shooter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 76 of 880
Jump to: