Do you guys think Kentucky will be a good market for an NBA team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What about Las Vegas?

NBA is probably waiting to see how NHL and NFL fares in Vegas before ever thinking of relocating there....I think its safe to say MLB will never have a franchise there. The problem is that gambling is a huge dark cloud over these leagues even though they invested in daily fantasy sports years ago.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I think upstate NY would be a good base for a team too. Build the stadium/arena somewhere between Buffalo and Rochester. Buffalo Niagara Region includes 8 US counties and 2 Canadian municipalities and has a population of 2,493,869. Rochester greater area has about 1,082,284
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I think upstate NY would be a good base for a team too. Build the stadium/arena somewhere between Buffalo and Rochester. Buffalo Niagara Region includes 8 US counties and 2 Canadian municipalities and has a population of 2,493,869. Rochester greater area has about 1,082,284

Speaking of Rochester, I took a few too many winter business trips to Kodak's HQ for my business. Freaking cold and dark out there, well into March. I think an NBA team could get good fan support there, but it's not an area I'd have thought of before as something comparably as lucrative as say, Seattle, Buffalo or Jacksonville.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
governator wrote:

Speaking of Rochester, I took a few too many winter business trips to Kodak's HQ for my business. Freaking cold and dark out there, well into March. I think an NBA team could get good fan support there, but it's not an area I'd have thought of before as something comparably as lucrative as say, Seattle, Buffalo or Jacksonville.

Upstate New York during the winter is one of the most miserable areas imaginable. Especially Syracuse.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

I'd need to know more about the demographics of Rochester and Buffalo. It isn't just the raw numbers of people that matter. You need a base of people who can afford NBA ticket prices. This is why San Jose keeps coming up.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

SFV should get a team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: