Reasons why we might exceed expectations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
There's going to be so many sad Laker fans this year. I mean, 40 wins? Lmao

While you're enjoying trolling, acting as if you know 40 wins is the ceiling, you should know that some of us don't share that "sad" feeling. People with varying degrees of basketball knowledge have differing opinions. I've played and watched basketball longer than many on LG have been alive and imo, this is a really good team that will do far better than what you consider sad. I'm not sad at all, just looking forward to surprising unbelievers and running teams into the ground, including the favorite team I'm guessing you don't want to reveal.

People are entitled to their delusional homer expectations. Meanwhile, I'll very much enjoy this season if I see a modest improvement from our prospects while you and OP will be confused and disappointed why the team "under achieved."

Feel free to believe that all opinions are based on homerism. Fortunately, you'll be the only one on LG who isn't disappointed.

I'm not saying ALL opinions are based off homerism (nice stawman there bud by the way) just the bad and delusional ones such as Gadget bringing up 50 wins and the ones who will be "disappointed" if we don't win at least 40. There's never any real substance as to why they feel that aside from some stupid "Lonzo Ball effect" narrative for a 19 year old kid who's never played real professional basketball.

Ball is gonna be a star from day 1, why is that shocking?

Aside from the fact that's far from guaranteed, that doesn't equal 50 wins. LeBron was the last teenage superstar and look at what his team did in a weaker conference his first year.

You're being delusional if you think this team is sniffing anything near 50 wins.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Go, Gadget, Go!
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I don't think someone is delusional for telling we are going to win 40 games next season. It is more than predicted for most models, but not absurd just optimistic.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

^say what? which models???
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

While you're enjoying trolling, acting as if you know 40 wins is the ceiling, you should know that some of us don't share that "sad" feeling. People with varying degrees of basketball knowledge have differing opinions. I've played and watched basketball longer than many on LG have been alive and imo, this is a really good team that will do far better than what you consider sad. I'm not sad at all, just looking forward to surprising unbelievers and running teams into the ground, including the favorite team I'm guessing you don't want to reveal.

People are entitled to their delusional homer expectations. Meanwhile, I'll very much enjoy this season if I see a modest improvement from our prospects while you and OP will be confused and disappointed why the team "under achieved."

Feel free to believe that all opinions are based on homerism. Fortunately, you'll be the only one on LG who isn't disappointed.

I'm not saying ALL opinions are based off homerism (nice stawman there bud by the way) just the bad and delusional ones such as Gadget bringing up 50 wins and the ones who will be "disappointed" if we don't win at least 40. There's never any real substance as to why they feel that aside from some stupid "Lonzo Ball effect" narrative for a 19 year old kid who's never played real professional basketball.

Aside from the fact that's far from guaranteed, that doesn't equal 50 wins. LeBron was the last teenage superstar and look at what his team did in a weaker conference his first year.

You're being delusional if you think this team is sniffing anything near 50 wins.

Lonzo Ball is being compared with Magic not LeBron and Jeannie and the Lakers FO already see his impact a lot more then you.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Lonzo Ball is being compared with Magic not LeBron and Jeannie and the Lakers FO already see his impact a lot more then you.

What does him being compared to Magic have to do with anything? Why did you bring that up? How on Earth does that advance this discussion?

They see his impact? Do you have a link to them saying they expect 50 wins this year? How does that support your delusional prediction?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

What does him being compared to Magic have to do with anything? Why did you bring that up? How on Earth does that advance this discussion?

They see his impact? Do you have a link to them saying they expect 50 wins this year? How does that support your delusional prediction?

What's the point of crapping on the excitement of fans? If you are a objective fan then I will support realistic views, but you don't have to tell fans how they should feel about the team, every season brings a new storyline, a lot of us have high hopes, maybe you will to if things are going upward by early season.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

What's the point of crapping on the excitement of fans? If you are a objective fan then I will support realistic views, but you don't have to tell fans how they should feel about the team, every season brings a new storyline, a lot of us have high hopes, maybe you will to if things are going upward by early season.

I'm not telling you how you should feel at all. This is a forum where basketball is discussed and I'm trying to discuss basketball.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

fanatic /fəˈnætɪk/ noun
plural fanatics
Learner's definition of FANATIC
[count]
: a person who is very enthusiastic about something
I became a boating fanatic.

fanatic
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
fa·nat·ic (fə-năt′ĭk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Later, when the season is more successful than people expect, certain posters will have cricket style silence, followed by umpteen "Nobody could have foreseen that:

a) Mulriple videos of Randle nailing shot after shot, near and far were a clue he would shoot well, be highly effective, and that Magic knew what he was talking about,

b) Ingram learning to use his body to create instead of absorbing contact on the way to the rim would make a big difference like it did late last season and even more in summer league; that working diligently on a new shooting form meant he would begin the season shooting effectively,

c) a young man who just elevated a college offense (and teammate's effectiveness) to be the best in the last 4700+ teams, not games, (12 years) could make a pro offense much better as a rookie,

d) a highly underrated and undervalued rookie fwd could bring something significant to the table,

e) a capable all-star center makes a difference,

f) an energetic defensive guard who can score, spikes point differential in our favor,

g) defensive combinations of young players with footspeed, size, and tenacity could frustrate offenses,

h) a bench with multiple backups who contribute just as well (except pg & Zubac) as starters would be so valuable,

i) not having to play guys heavy minutes allows them to play their hardest for longer periods,

j) having multiple 6' 9" guys who can guard 2, 3, or 4 positions would be an advantage,

k) guys motivated to practice hard during the off season for fear of being traded and or wanting a huge contract would result in much better play,

l) a focus on fast breaks leads to wins."

Who could have foreseen that?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: