Los Angeles an ‘appealing destination’ for Dwyane Wade if bought out by Bulls
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want Wade on this team?
YES!
44%
 44%  [ 55 ]
NO!
38%
 38%  [ 48 ]
NOT SURE
16%
 16%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 124

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Los Angeles an ‘appealing destination’ for Dwyane Wade if bought out by Bulls

Los Angeles an ‘appealing destination’ for Dwyane Wade if bought out by Bulls

Los Angeles is one of three destinations on Wade’s radar.

Yes, no, maybe??? ... thoughts, comments.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/9/4/16252730/report-lakers-free-agent-rumors-los-angeles-an-appealing-destination-dwyane-wade-bulls-lebron-james
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

There won't be many minutes available between him, KCP and Clarkson
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:

If it came to fruition I'm sure the coaches will figure it out based on what's best for the team.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:

Clarkson becomes the backup PG or gets traded.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Wade is preparing the banana boat....
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Only if he helps get Lebron here
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Never been a fan of signing over the hill stars. They just refuse to accept they aren't as good as they think they are anymore.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

If we were to do this, it would be for Lebron.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Never been a fan of signing over the hill stars. They just refuse to accept they aren't as good as they think they are anymore.

Wonder if this forum ever did a best 'Over the Hill' Laker lineup.

If Wade were to join the Lakers he could be part of this 'Over the Hill' all star group:

Mitch Richmond
Joe Smith
Jim Jackson
Vlade Divac - Part II
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

We dont have a pick next year, try to go all out for playoffs. We need all the help we can get
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Regardless Wade would potentially be our best player if he signed here.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject:

We don't bring Wade to entice LeBron or having a better campaign next year.

But, if we're going for a championship team next season, with 2 max, and Wade takes a small payment (Room Exception), he can be a good 2nd unit leader and a viable option for closing some games.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject:

Signing D-Wade for the room exception or vet min. would be too sweet of a deal to pass on.
He brings not only his skill-set but he adds championship pedigree, experience and leadership to the team.

Plus I think the banana boat would look pretty cool cruising in the South Bay.

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
If we were to do this, it would be for Lebron.

LeBron left Wade in Miami. There's no way wade would be the reason he signs with LA.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

But, if we're going for a championship team next season, with 2 max, and Wade takes a small payment (Room Exception), he can be a good 2nd unit leader and a viable option for closing some games.

Wade and Butler was bad for Chicago's youth. Rondo had to stand up for the young guys. Wade is not the guy we want for the style we're trying to play. Plus we're paying KCP 18 mill we need to give him a real opportunities to show if he's worth keeping going forward. Wade isn't gonna play back seat on this team. The only way I would want wade here if he was coming as cap space from a trade. Other than that he's useless. We need to showcase our guys and let free agents know they can get 35+ wins without them. Wade doesn't help with that because we're not gonna keep him past the season.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Agreed plus he will take KCP minutes and replace it with his lack of ball movement and defense.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

Wade and Butler was bad for Chicago's youth. Rondo had to stand up for the young guys. Wade is not the guy we want for the style we're trying to play. Plus we're paying KCP 18 mill we need to give him a real opportunities to show if he's worth keeping going forward. Wade isn't gonna play back seat on this team. The only way I would want wade here if he was coming as cap space from a trade. Other than that he's useless. We need to showcase our guys and let free agents know they can get 35+ wins without them. Wade doesn't help with that because we're not gonna keep him past the season.

KCP is a one year rental, we don't have the money to keep a player like him.

He is here to make it easier for Ball and will try to increase his market value in the process.

Lopez and Randle are in similar situation, but we at least have their bird rights, the same doesn't applies to KCP.

Wade can help us developing Ingram and Ball, he is a battle tested veteran. The main question in my mind is if he is willing to take the back sit and accept a small role.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject:

post-prime wade is still better than any version of kcp or clarkson and is easily the best player on this team. we would be lucky to have him, but i don't see it happening.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject:

how much would he cost? assuming DWade ok coming off bench behind KCP?
and assuming JC will be traded?

doesn't sound like it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

I'd rather have the flexibility to keep Wade's Early Bird rights by trading something like JC/Brewer for him. Wade could sop up the backup guard minutes, even running the "PG" at times and bringing the ball up.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

Why would Wade sign with the Lakers?

If he wants to chase a ring with James, why wouldn't he simply take a vet minimum in Cleveland this year? Then look for the next move next summer. If bought out even MIA makes more sense then the Lakers this season.

I'm much more interested in seeing what the current roster can do then wasting money on a declining 35/36 yr old for the name recognition.

I prefer watching a youth movement over the geriatric ward the next few years. Lebron, Wade,...why not Melo? Might as well bring in Frye and Korver too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

If he wants to chase a ring with James, why wouldn't he simply take a vet minimum in Cleveland this year? Then look for the next move next summer. If bought out even MIA makes more sense then the Lakers this season.

I'm much more interested in seeing what the current roster can do then wasting money on a declining 35/36 yr old for the name recognition.

I prefer watching a youth movement over the geriatric ward the next few years. Lebron, Wade,...why not Melo? Might as well bring in Frye and Korver too.

B/c if you trade for Wade, he's not walking away from millions in a buyout. I would suspect he would have to walk away from 6-8m (out of a 24m salary).

JC is not likely part of the future, and KCP is likely a rental. So what exactly is Wade doing to hurt the team long-term?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

B/c if you trade for Wade, he's not walking away from millions in a buyout. I would suspect he would have to walk away from 6-8m (out of a 24m salary).

JC is not likely part of the future, and KCP is likely a rental. So what exactly is Wade doing to hurt the team long-term?

Thread and my comment is not about a trade . It is about signing him after a buyout. Two entirely different scenarios.

On the trade scenario, I am still not thrilled with it. I continue to resist the schemes to shed salary this year. I would prefer seeing what kind of fit KCP and Clarkson have with this team before moving them for future fantasy purposes. Also include Randle in this line of thinking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Thread and my comment is not about a trade . It is about signing him after a buyout. Two entirely different scenarios.

On the trade scenario, I am still not thrilled with it. I continue to resist the schemes to shed salary this year. I would prefer seeing what kind of fit KCP and Clarkson have with this team before moving them for future fantasy purposes. Also include Randle in this line of thinking.

We got fined for tampering with PG13.

We traded out a talented and young prospect in DLO to start the 2 max slot movement.

We signed KCP to a 1 year deal (when we could have given him 4 years).

We traded specifically for an expiring player in Brook.

I understand your angst, but how long can folks scream at the sun? The Lakers are unequivocally carving out 2 max slots next summer. Either signing Wade as a buyout or trading him does not hamper that ultimate goal.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We got fined for tampering with PG13.

We traded out a talented and young prospect in DLO to start the 2 max slot movement.

We signed KCP to a 1 year deal (when we could have given him 4 years).

We traded specifically for an expiring player in Brook.

I understand your angst, but how long can folks scream at the sun? The Lakers are unequivocally carving out 2 max slots next summer. Either signing Wade as a buyout or trading him does not hamper that ultimate goal.

Appreciate your enthusiasm. I just do not feel like arguing this topic again. There is 100+ page thread to do so. I'm not there.

As I said, I'm more interested in this season, this roster and development of players and Walton's system. I'll worry about 2018 free agency next summer.

Concerning this topic. Wade makes no sense with the Lakers after a buyout. He has better opportunities on other teams. Mainly MIA or CLE.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: