Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 624, 625, 626  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Oct 2001
Posts: 8194

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

Clarkson getting some love

10th is not bad considering his draft position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 9811

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

It's nice to see him get some props but no way he should be above Nick who was a multi-time All-Star at 37th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 3315
Location: Sfv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

clarksons not above nick or eddie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80983

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
It's nice to see him get some props but no way he should be above Nick who was a multi-time All-Star at 37th.


Yup. Even Jones should be higher.

Then you have Lonzo/Ingram but obviously too early.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3118

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Compared to other bench scorers clarkson has a great contract, especially based on what other players will get in 2018.

It doesn't fit with the 2 max scenario, so if we do that then we have to move him. But that doesn't suddenly make his contract bad, imo

Here's to hoping our entire team plays excellent next year and we don't need to move anyone after all


FWIW, here were the NBA 6th men votes for last year (JC didn't get a vote). He makes about the same or more than the bolded.

Gordon, Eric (Hou.)
Iguodala, Andre (G.S.)
Williams, Lou (Hou.)
Randolph, Zach (Mem.)
Johnson, James (Mia.)
Monroe, Greg (Mil.)
Crawford, Jamal (LA-C)
Kanter, Enes (OKC.)
Mills, Patty (S.A.)
Hardaway Jr., Tim (Atl.)
Carter, Vince (Mem.)
Johnson, Tyler (Mia.)
Brogdon, Malcolm (Mil.)

I don't think JC's contract is a terrible one. But i'm not convinced it's a great deal either. It is moveable if necessary, but just hate how our 2018 plans are so transparent. I'm hoping teams don't make us pay an extra premium to get cap space.


I look at that list and go right to the top. Clarkson and Gordon are comparable in stats, on court production and salary. . The only area that Gordon pulls away is 3pt%. An area Clarkson needs to improve.

I remain optimistic that Clarkson can and will improve. From comments, it seems like he is embracing the sixth man role. Can see him doing well in this year's voting. It will depend on his mpg and attempts. A little defense would be nice too!

Going to be interesting to see how his role looks this season. First guard off the bench seems reasonable. Prefer he proves his value and makes thoughts of trading him less desirable. Or at the very least a nice 1st rd pick value.

And for the first three games that Pope is suspended I see Clarkson starting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80983

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Compared to other bench scorers clarkson has a great contract, especially based on what other players will get in 2018.

It doesn't fit with the 2 max scenario, so if we do that then we have to move him. But that doesn't suddenly make his contract bad, imo

Here's to hoping our entire team plays excellent next year and we don't need to move anyone after all


FWIW, here were the NBA 6th men votes for last year (JC didn't get a vote). He makes about the same or more than the bolded.

Gordon, Eric (Hou.)
Iguodala, Andre (G.S.)
Williams, Lou (Hou.)
Randolph, Zach (Mem.)
Johnson, James (Mia.)
Monroe, Greg (Mil.)
Crawford, Jamal (LA-C)
Kanter, Enes (OKC.)
Mills, Patty (S.A.)
Hardaway Jr., Tim (Atl.)
Carter, Vince (Mem.)
Johnson, Tyler (Mia.)
Brogdon, Malcolm (Mil.)

I don't think JC's contract is a terrible one. But i'm not convinced it's a great deal either. It is moveable if necessary, but just hate how our 2018 plans are so transparent. I'm hoping teams don't make us pay an extra premium to get cap space.


I look at that list and go right to the top. Clarkson and Gordon are comparable in stats, on court production and salary. . The only area that Gordon pulls away is 3pt%. An area Clarkson needs to improve.

I remain optimistic that Clarkson can and will improve. From comments, it seems like he is embracing the sixth man role. Can see him doing well in this year's voting. It will depend on his mpg and attempts. A little defense would be nice too!

Going to be interesting to see how his role looks this season. First guard off the bench seems reasonable. Prefer he proves his value and makes thoughts of trading him less desirable. Or at the very least a nice 1st rd pick value.

And for the first three games that Pope is suspended I see Clarkson starting.


Luke has refused to start JC in those situations. I think he wants to keep his whole unit approach (which i'm not a fan of).
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Oct 2001
Posts: 8194

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
It's nice to see him get some props but no way he should be above Nick who was a multi-time All-Star at 37th.


Yup. Even Jones should be higher.

Then you have Lonzo/Ingram but obviously too early.


Those guys we hope to see near the top of the list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25932

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:


Clarkson embraces Hollywood glitz but stays grounded


“It’s been a tough three years. We’ve been losing a lot,” Jordan said. “We’ve been trying to get out of that.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/pro-sports/article/Lakers-Clarkson-embraces-Hollywood-glitz-but-11751360.php


http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-jordan-clarkson-calls-time-with-lakers-a-tough-three-years/2017/08/12/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 17740

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Kind of unfair to compare JC to 6th man candidates. I mean, is there even one 6th man on a lottery team on that list?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28574
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Lou was before he got traded
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80983

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Kind of unfair to compare JC to 6th man candidates. I mean, is there even one 6th man on a lottery team on that list?


That's the fair comparison. The Lakers want and believe he can be a 6MOY level player this year and at his price, it is a fair comparison.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Posts: 910
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Kind of unfair to compare JC to 6th man candidates. I mean, is there even one 6th man on a lottery team on that list?


That's the fair comparison. The Lakers want and believe he can be a 6MOY level player this year and at his price, it is a fair comparison.


Also, they probably want him to win it because it would be a nice leveraging tool in trade talks next summer. You can't tell me that's part of the reason too.
_________________
I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Ziggy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 9382

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Kind of unfair to compare JC to 6th man candidates. I mean, is there even one 6th man on a lottery team on that list?


That's the fair comparison. The Lakers want and believe he can be a 6MOY level player this year and at his price, it is a fair comparison.


Also, they probably want him to win it because it would be a nice leveraging tool in trade talks next summer. You can't tell me that's part of the reason too.


If he has a good first few months, he'll be moved at the deadline. Players like JC are more a luxury for teams that are in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 913
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Clarkson getting some love

10th is not bad considering his draft position.


As much as I like JC, it's a hell of an exaggeration. Not considering Lonzo, Ingram and Russell, they left out: Julius Randle, Nick van Exel, Eddie Jones, Vlade Divac, AC Green, Elden Campbell, Michael Cooper, Norm Nixon e surely some older guys I don't know.
_________________
It's Ball Time!

No Melo - No Rose - No Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14946

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdiriJs-LCw
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 15650

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdiriJs-LCw


Otherwise known as blatantly palming the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23132

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdiriJs-LCw


Otherwise known as blatantly palming the ball.


Lol as Stu would say "discontinued dribble"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lewis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Oct 2013
Posts: 990

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject:

Clarkson 1 on 1 vs Tatum and Oubre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGB1V0iesDs&feature=youtu.be


Last edited by lewis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 8447
Location: Maui & Saint-Tropez, and sailing the south seas...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Kind of unfair to compare JC to 6th man candidates. I mean, is there even one 6th man on a lottery team on that list?


That's the fair comparison. The Lakers want and believe he can be a 6MOY level player this year and at his price, it is a fair comparison.


Also, they probably want him to win it because it would be a nice leveraging tool in trade talks next summer. You can't tell me that's part of the reason too.


If he has a good first few months, he'll be moved at the deadline. Players like JC are more a luxury for teams that are in the playoffs.




_________________
----------------------------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
E_Wulf420
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 487
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

any one have Clarksons stats post Lou Will trade?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1117

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Steve Nash was said to be at the facility working out with Lonzo. I hope to God that JC crashed that party
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80983

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

JC, don't get baited into this by trolls!

https://twitter.com/GrantGoldberg/status/908364593029832704
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 6734
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Steve Nash was said to be at the facility working out with Lonzo. I hope to God that JC crashed that party


Same. the best JC ever looked was when he was working closely with Nash in his rookie year. Best blend of passing/scoring. Maybe it was the fact that he was our only ball-handler and knew he was going to get 30 plus minutes a night, but you could see the nash influence in him (rarely picked up his dribble, particularly in the paint) and the headiness. Since then, he mostly looks like a chicken with its head cut off
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 80983

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Steve Nash was said to be at the facility working out with Lonzo. I hope to God that JC crashed that party


Same. the best JC ever looked was when he was working closely with Nash in his rookie year. Best blend of passing/scoring. Maybe it was the fact that he was our only ball-handler and knew he was going to get 30 plus minutes a night, but you could see the nash influence in him (rarely picked up his dribble, particularly in the paint) and the headiness. Since then, he mostly looks like a chicken with its head cut off


Can you imagine if JC/DLO/Lonzo had Nash's tutelage? Sad that we couldn't keep Nash in that respect. He's a PG whisperer.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 29075
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
any one have Clarksons stats post Lou Will trade?


It's just post-all star break.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/clarkjo01/splits/2017
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 624, 625, 626  Next
Page 625 of 626
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB