What has been the peak of your Lakers experience?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: What has been the peak of your Lakers experience?

It's the off season and theres not much going on for the next couple of days and it got me thinking about all the Lakers memories I've had. I haven't been watching basketball for even close to the time some posters on here and I'm sure theres some really cool stories out there.

Personally, my favorite Lakers memories of all time are the 4th quarters of the 2008-2010 Lakers which is when I started watching basketball. Kobe Bryant was one of the greatest clutch players of all time but outside of him Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol were insanely clutch also. In Phil's system, the chemistry these guys had allowed everyone to be in the right places at the right times, there were so many close games where the other team made mistakes and the Lakers prevailed.

2009 vs. Nuggets and Rockets, 2010 vs. Thunder and Suns are probably my favorite series of all times because of all the close games.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Game 7 against the Celtics. Was putting my then-2 month old daughter to sleep while silently fist pumping and crying when we won.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

'85 Finals
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Game 7 against the Celtics. Was putting my then-2 month old daughter to sleep while silently fist pumping and crying when we won.

This! Just missed out on the 80s battles with the Celts, so this was my great Lakers-Celtics moment.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Western Conference game 7 against Portland.

I can't explain why, but I knew the victory was going to be ours, just a strong feeling.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:

I can't explain why, but I knew the victory was going to be ours, just a strong feeling.

I was hooping that day and had my worst ankle injury. My bud also blew out his ankle (had to go to the hospital) so we were sitting at the hospital room watching that game. Memories.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Yao Ming's first game in Staples center. We were broke but big sister came thru with 2 tickets for me and younger brother... lost my voice that day (my first time seeing Lakers play live)!!!
Go Lakers!!!

Last edited by governator on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

2000-2010.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

1988 game 7 NBA finals against the Detroit Pistons. Lakers win their first back-to-back championships in Los Angeles. And that symbolized the end of the show time era.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This! Just missed out on the 80s battles with the Celts, so this was my great Lakers-Celtics moment.

Same for me. The way we had to win that game was pure Hollywood. It took me a few years to realize that Kobe actually played well the last 20 minutes or so of that game.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Same for me. The way we had to win that game was pure Hollywood. It took me a few years to realize that Kobe actually played well the last 20 minutes or so of that game.

People forget that Kobe did have a broken finger in a cast in game 7.
23pts 11ftm 15rebs
R-Tistic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What has been the peak of your Lakers experience?

The absolute craziest I EVER was within one moment was the Fisher 0.4 shot.

Like..............

I was scared that year, that we would lose in the Playoffs and that our dynasty would end...which still happened. But in that moment, when Duncan had hit that crazy fadeaway, it felt like we might have been done...we would have been down 3-1, and it just wasn't looking good for us.

That shot made me so, so, so absolutely crazy. I screamed loud enough for four of my neighbors to knock on my door to see what was happening, and if I was ok. One of them was a Heat fan, and he looked at the replay and just shook his head, saying "naw, man. Y'all got God on your side!!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
R-Tistic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:

I remember legit praying at the start of the 4th quarter, and said "God, if we come back in this game, I'll NEVER ask you to help my team, again."

It was magical. It was the start of an entire decade of legendary games and seasons for us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakers FINALLY winning a title again in '72 behind Wilt and Jerry West, after being turned back repeatedly for a decade by the Celtics.

Lakers finally beating the Celtics in an NBA finals, with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Coop, Rambis and the rest of Showtime.

Game 7 with Kobe, Pau and company winning a heroic defensive war against the Celtics.

These are the 3 most unforgettable moments for me - almost impossible to rank. If I have to choose 1 I think the Showtime era win was the greatest moment of all.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:

I was hooping that day and had my worst ankle injury. My bud also blew out his ankle (had to go to the hospital) so we were sitting at the hospital room watching that game. Memories.

I was watching on a layover in an airport. When I started watching the Lakers were down, but I saw the tremendous comeback. Kobe to Shaq FTW while boarding calls were starting. I was very lucky on my timing to see the best part of this game. I live in Portland now and Blazer fans will never forgive us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
'85 Finals

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:

I was watching on a layover in an airport. When I started watching the Lakers were down, but I saw the tremendous comeback. Kobe to Shaq FTW while boarding calls were starting. I was very lucky on my timing to see the best part of this game. I live in Portland now and Blazer fans will never forgive us.

That was a basketball nuclear bomb leaving widespread radiation in Portland. The city has never recovered hoops wise since.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Been a fan since the mid 60's. Too many on-court memories (good and bad)to rank them.

A couple of my more precious Laker memories would be:

- as a kid I was able to meet and shoot baskets after a practice with Wilt, West and several other Lakers on the Forum court. Including my favorite player at the time Gail Goodrich.

- equally as impactful, As an adult in the mid 90s I was honored to meet and spend time with Chick and Madge. Amazing gracious and charming couple.
Kookie Monster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Horry's game-winning three pointer against the Kings in the playoffs.

At the time, I lived in Culver City and was the only Laker fan living in a house full of Turkish exchange students, who all loved Hedo Turkoglu and the Kings. They were all talking smack to me the entire game...

Then at the end, Vlade swats the ball perfectly to Horry and Horry steps right into the shot for the buzzer beater.

I ran up and down the stairs at least 10 times screaming hysterically. That was the loudest I ever screamed at home watching a game.

Every time I came down to the bottom of the stairs, I would see all of my Turkish roommates just sitting there, like statues, in disbelief, eyes wide open, jaws dropped.

It was exhilarating, especially living in a house full of trash-talking Queens fans.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

R-Tistic wrote:
nash wrote:

I remember legit praying at the start of the 4th quarter, and said "God, if we come back in this game, I'll NEVER ask you to help my team, again."

It was magical. It was the start of an entire decade of legendary games and seasons for us.

Yes, it was

Last edited by nash on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:

Still remember where I was when I was watching the comeback. And busting out laughing when Shaq ran up the court with that look on his face.

Great memories.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What has been the peak of your Lakers experience?

1ngr4m wrote:
It's the off season and theres not much going on for the next couple of days and it got me thinking about all the Lakers memories I've had. I haven't been watching basketball for even close to the time some posters on here and I'm sure theres some really cool stories out there.

Personally, my favorite Lakers memories of all time are the 4th quarters of the 2008-2010 Lakers which is when I started watching basketball. Kobe Bryant was one of the greatest clutch players of all time but outside of him Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol were insanely clutch also. In Phil's system, the chemistry these guys had allowed everyone to be in the right places at the right times, there were so many close games where the other team made mistakes and the Lakers prevailed.

2009 vs. Nuggets and Rockets, 2010 vs. Thunder and Suns are probably my favorite series of all times because of all the close games.

even though we ended up losing in the finals. when fisher hit that .4 shot. I think I may have dropped a tear.
I was sick as a dog that day, wasnt even watching the game really because I saw we were down and it looked like it was over. a friend was over the house(girl) all in my sick ear, yelling "haa haa your lakers are about to lose to the spurs..." Then that shot.
I hopped up out of the sick bed...YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The look on her face when that shot went in was priceless. I said to her, "the game is never over when you're playing the lakers.Remember that."

Another time where it wasnt even a playoff game. The game when we made that made comeback on dallas with shaq and kobe. That was crazy. another one of those "it's never over when playing the lakers." To comeback and do that to cuban and the mavs was so lovely.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
'85 Finals

F*** Yeah! Especially after Game 1!!
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Bryant putting the move on Christie...
Rebound O'Neal - coming up short...

Horry For the win???!

YES!

It was heaven on Earth in real time. That's a memory that will never fade.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

The game 7 against SAC and the game 7 against POR were really good. The Junior Junior Sky Hook was pretty good too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: