Lakers fined $500K for tampering with Paul George (pg 30)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

Can we get beyond the fine? That fine was closure for the NBA, it should be for LG'rs as well....

The Eagles said it best in 94; Get Over It !
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

Magic protecting his GM by sacrificing his own $500000... great move, expensive but great
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Magic protecting his GM by sacrificing his own $500000... great move, expensive but great

Magic was complicit in the fine as well. I don't care who pays it, I care that they learned from it. Magic said they will adjust, that is good to hear.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Magic was complicit in the fine as well. I don't care who pays it, I care that they learned from it. Magic said they will adjust, that is good to hear.

Yes. In fact, I've been wondering whether there is some spin going on here. I may be overthinking the matter, though.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Yes. In fact, I've been wondering whether there is some spin going on here. I may be overthinking the matter, though.

I thought the optic by paying the fine is that it was Magic's fault (at least the lion share) and not the GM or the team
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I thought the optic by paying the fine is that it was Magic's fault (at least the lion share) and not the GM or the team

I think the intended optic is that Magic is a great guy who is graciously taking responsibility for this mess. Some of the posters in this thread took it exactly that way. That could be true, of course.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
if the lakers were in the same scenario. EXACT same situation as their star player wanted to go back home to say??? New york. and he made it public thru his agent or others around him, that was his intentions. As a laker fan I would thank him for letting us know early so we could deal him before he became a FA and not waste our time trying to keep a guy around that aint staying while losing out on other FA's and possible trades in the process.

This aint Indiana you're talking about. This is Los Angeles. We dont cry like that.

As I said, Lakers fans will have trouble imagining the situation in reverse. You just proposed a scenario that involves no tampering. If Riley had persuaded Kobe to join Lebron and Wade in Miami (or something like that), folks here would be singing a different tune. But it's hard to imagine something like that actually happening.

No i didnt speak of a situation without tampering, i spoke of the indy situation. The tampering the lakers did was AFTER PG make it clear "I"M OUT and I'm going home."

why is that so hard to understand for Indy or anyone else I dont get.

The tampering really wasnt tampering in its essence. meaning nothing they spoke about did anything to change what PG already said he was going to do.

indy said, they knew that the lakers tampered when PG change his mind about coming back.

Did they get the same ALL NBA TEAM lists like we did?

The moment PG wasnt on the list. It was over for Indy in the PG sweepstakes. that meant, "the only reason I will stay is for the super max payday, anything less I'M OUT."

Thats not Indy's fault. Its money and location. Who the heck wants to live in indy in their prime years unless you're from that area? No one. And everyone knows this. lets stop acting like we dont know this already.

L.A. for a super rich star is an excellent place to live. So if I have to take a pay cut I sure as heck would rather live in L.A. than Indy. And by the way...thats my home.

again, since i Know there is no BETTER place to live as a rich athlete star player than L.A. not even NY because of the weather. but lets riles convinced kobe to team up with bron and wade. here's the problem with that scenario. you have to add in. "kobe just told us "I want to go home back to miami where I'm from since I didnt make the all nba team and i can't get the super max from the lakers. I'm going to join bron and crew in my home town."

Thats the same scenario apples to apples. As a fan I would be sad but would say oh well. Go home then. but I would never be as upset as Indy because I know my city/state can attract people because its one of the most attractive places to live. This is the real reason indy and indy fans, like cavs fans, like thunder fans were burning jersey's. They know good and well no one wants to actually live there and be there if they can help it. So it angers them because they know no one is coming to make the team good again by choice. they will have to get guys via the draft for the most part.

all that heart and soul westbrook gave them last year. let him leave. his jersey will be burned too.

There is little hope for those places to attract star players. Same with UTAH.
here no matter how long the drought may be. I'm always hopeful because we have a history of attracting stars but I know as a person who lives here and have made some of the rounds around the US. that there is no better place to be rich than L.A./Cali. If you're sick of the city and ready to retire. You can move all up and down Los angeles and find you a nice little town/community to call home and feel like you're in the midwest some where with coastal weather and cali amenities.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Magic is saying My bad for getting the initial warning. if he didnt get that warning. There would be no fine for Pelinka only a warning. basically magic man is like "my bad..if it wasnt for me we would not have gotten caught for cheating. " every team does it, every team talks to player's agents when they are still under contract with their current teams. only indy cried about it. after PG already told him his intentions.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

Magic is saying My bad for getting the initial warning. if he didnt get that warning. There would be no fine for Pelinka only a warning. basically magic man is like "my bad..if it wasnt for me we would not have gotten caught for cheating. " every team does it, every team talks to player's agents when they are still under contract with their current teams. only indy cried about it. after PG already told him his intentions.

Magic is just saying, I'm the leader, and this happened under my watch so I'll take the heat. Good leadership move.

The whole poimt of doing/saying that is not to say whose fault it is, but rather, that it doesn't matter.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
No i didnt speak of a situation without tampering, i spoke of the indy situation. The tampering the lakers did was AFTER PG make it clear "I"M OUT and I'm going home."

why is that so hard to understand for Indy or anyone else I dont get.

The tampering really wasnt tampering in its essence. meaning nothing they spoke about did anything to change what PG already said he was going to do.

1. You don't actually know when it happened.

2. Even if you are right, it is still tampering. George was under contract. Note that neither Pelinka nor anyone else from the Lakers is disputing this.

3. If the Lakers had actually done something that affected George, the punishment would have been much more severe.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

It would be hilarious to see Simon's face if/when George actually signed with the Lakers.

Which is far from a done deal in my mind despite our supposed tampering, but we will see what happens.

Either way, winners win (Lakers) and losers lose (Pacers) and they can't stop the future from happening.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Should we close this thread? It's kinda pointless now
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm inclined to believe what Pelinka did was business as usual for GM/Agent communication, which is to say it was prohibited communication aka tampering. Magic openned the door for scrutiny and George pushing for a departure in the way he did fed into the paranoia that big markets are the boogie man.

They have no real incentive to keep the story alive, even though it was selective enforcement. Better to take your lumps and move on to the next phase.

Make the main thing the main thing.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Take the Lakers out of revenue sharing, then you'll see a major three-sixty from these bush league little markets.

That fifty million or so per annum could be put into better Laker infrastructure projects.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Outsiders‏ @LakersOutsiders 39m39 minutes ago

BREAKING: The @Pacers are filing tampering charges against the Rams for the absolute beating they gave the Colts yesterday.

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
Take the Lakers out of revenue sharing, then you'll see a major three-sixty from these bush league little markets.

That fifty million or so per annum could be put into better Laker infrastructure projects.

Uhhh.... you mean a 180, right? 360 and the bush league little markets are right back where they started. Still whining about the Lakers.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
giordan0 wrote:

Uhhh.... you mean a 180, right? 360 and the bush league little markets are right back where they started. Still whining about the Lakers.

Maybe a 90....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44
Jump to: