2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Just got offered Julio Jones and Big Ben for Zeke and one of my QB's (posted my team on last page). Really thinking I might do this.. Any thoughts?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Just got offered Julio Jones and Big Ben for Zeke and one of my QB's (posted my team on last page). Really thinking I might do this.. Any thoughts?

Ben has been so bad on the road that I am not sure how big of an upgrade he is over, say, Palmer (whom I like more than Eli). That said, Julio certainly gives your WR's an upgrade. Is there no way that you can try offering Murray and one of your QB's instead for Julio and Ben? I mean, Zeke Elliott would've been the #3 overall pick in drafts if he had no suspension hanging over him. You can argue that Antonio Brown probably goes 4th, and then maybe Julio 5th. I don't think it's necessarily a terrible deal, but I'd really try to move Murray instead. I think he might break down this season.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I agree win Stu. Big Ben is okkk and zeke >> Julio
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Ben has been so bad on the road that I am not sure how big of an upgrade he is over, say, Palmer (whom I like more than Eli). That said, Julio certainly gives your WR's an upgrade. Is there no way that you can try offering Murray and one of your QB's instead for Julio and Ben? I mean, Zeke Elliott would've been the #3 overall pick in drafts if he had no suspension hanging over him. You can argue that Antonio Brown probably goes 4th, and then maybe Julio 5th. I don't think it's necessarily a terrible deal, but I'd really try to move Murray instead. I think he might break down this season.

I don't think the other owner would do it. I actually offered him Murray for Ben and Demarius Thomas before he came back with the Julio/Ben for Zeke offer.

Looking at other teams, I could try Murray for Andy Luck/Tyreke Hill, Murray for Carr/TY Hilton, or Murray for Brees/Kelvin Benjamin. I offered another team Murray/Wentz for Brady/Amari Cooper earlier, but got turned down.

I definitely tend to agree with you that Murray is the guy to trade out of my 3 RB's. It's just everyone I talk to thinks they can pry Zeke or Bell because I'm so deep at RB and so weak at QB.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I was on the fence but you guys edged me towards keeping Zeke haha.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

I don't think the other owner would do it. I actually offered him Murray for Ben and Demarius Thomas before he came back with the Julio/Ben for Zeke offer.

Looking at other teams, I could try Murray for Andy Luck/Tyreke Hill, Murray for Carr/TY Hilton, or Murray for Brees/Kelvin Benjamin. I offered another team Murray/Wentz for Brady/Amari Cooper earlier, but got turned down.

I definitely tend to agree with you that Murray is the guy to trade out of my 3 RB's. It's just everyone I talk to thinks they can pry Zeke or Bell because I'm so deep at RB and so weak at QB.

I would give up both Eli and Palmer, plus Murray, for Brees and Benjamin if you could pull that off. Brees would be a significant upgrade for you, and Wentz might be similar to Eli and Palmer, with a shot at even being better. And I really like Benjamin this season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

It's so much harder to make trades these days than it was in the past. Too much information out there to inform the uninformed.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
It's so much harder to make trades these days than it was in the past. Too much information out there to inform the uninformed.

Yeah I agree. And people tend to overvalue their own players and won't make an honest assessment.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah I agree. And people tend to overvalue their own players and won't make an honest assessment.

100%. Too often it happens where someone hears Mathew Berry mention one their 5th WR as a sleeper, that player instantly becomes untouchable
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Well, that was always the case. But now, they come out with these sell high, buy low articles, and who to pick up in Week X, it just makes it too easy for people not to put in the work which is half the fun for me anyway.

Heck, I think it"s NFL.com who has a commercial out for their fantasy app where you can press one button and it sets your optimal lineup for you. Lame.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

Zeke absolutely humiliating Goodell.

Not sure what Roger the Dodger is there for, other than bad Public Relations?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

The NFL... where half assed disciplinary proceedings happen

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I have no doubt that Zeke serves his suspension next year. I drafted him in the second round this year thinking it would like the Brady case.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

It always made a certain amount of sense to draft Zeke high relative to his ADP this year, provided you drafted McFadden in the 90-110 range.

You figure McFadden performs at the level of say RB12 while Zeke is suspended weeks 1-7. That's roughly the equivalent of Fournette/Miller/McCafferey, who have ADP's in the 25-30. Then you figure Zeke would have been drafted likely 3rd overall, and you have him Weeks 8-16. That averages out to a player with value at roughly #16 overall, which is about 8 spots higher than Zeke's ADP.

Then, it was pretty obvious there was a non-zero chance of exactly what happened yesterday ending up happening. So if you assume a 40% chance of having the 3rd overall player for the entire season and a 60% chance of having the equivalent of the 16th overall player for the season, that averages out to a player with value at pick #11-Ish.

So at pick 20-25, that's really good value.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
It always made a certain amount of sense to draft Zeke high relative to his ADP this year, provided you drafted McFadden in the 90-110 range.

You figure McFadden performs at the level of say RB12 while Zeke is suspended weeks 1-7. That's roughly the equivalent of Fournette/Miller/McCafferey, who have ADP's in the 25-30. Then you figure Zeke would have been drafted likely 3rd overall, and you have him Weeks 8-16. That averages out to a player with value at roughly #16 overall, which is about 8 spots higher than Zeke's ADP.

Then, it was pretty obvious there was a non-zero chance of exactly what happened yesterday ending up happening. So if you assume a 40% chance of having the 3rd overall player for the entire season and a 60% chance of having the equivalent of the 16th overall player for the season, that averages out to a player with value at pick #11-Ish.

That's what I did in the league where I got Zeke. I took him with my 2nd round pick in a 12-teamer, #18 overall, and I got McFadden later in the draft.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

That's what I did in the league where I got Zeke. I took him with my 2nd round pick in a 12-teamer, #18 overall, and I got McFadden later in the draft.

Same. I got DJ at #1. Then took Zeke at #20. Picked up McFadden way late after the 12th round somewhere. Got Kareem Hunt too. Stacked at RB which left me with Philip Rivers as my starting QB. Trying to pickup Carson Palmer off waivers and dump McFadden.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

The NFL owners love him.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Same. I got DJ at #1. Then took Zeke at #20. Picked up McFadden way late after the 12th round somewhere. Got Kareem Hunt too. Stacked at RB which left me with Philip Rivers as my starting QB. Trying to pickup Carson Palmer off waivers and dump McFadden.
you dont have faith in Rivers?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

He's very suspect IMO. Fantasy wise anyway.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

He's very suspect IMO. Fantasy wise anyway.

He's still finished as a back-end QB1 over the recent past. He's started hot and finished poorly. Still, his weapons appear to be his best in a really long time. Their schedule starts tough this year and then eases up. He's also been very durable. Ultimately, I think he'll finish between QB10-14.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

He led the league in picks laat year and was outperformed by Blake Bortles.

Don't get me wrong, under the right circumstances, I'd absolutely play Rivers but he is too dicey to warrant being yout every week starter in fantasy. If he is who you have and that's it, you'll probably need to ride a second QB on your bench and stream their starts.

QB10-QB14 is not, IMO, QB1 territory. A QB1 is someone you play regardless of matchup.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

He's got Kennan Allen back and also Hunter Henry looks pretty good. Last year he had no weapons at all after early injuries.

That said, I wouldn't start Rivers this week.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
He led the league in picks laat year and was outperformed by Blake Bortles.

Don't get me wrong, under the right circumstances, I'd absolutely play Rivers but he is too dicey to warrant being yout every week starter in fantasy. If he is who you have and that's it, you'll probably need to ride a second QB on your bench and stream their starts.

QB10-QB14 is not, IMO, QB1 territory. A QB1 is someone you play regardless of matchup.

I do agree that I'd feel iffy if he were my every-week starter. I never just wait THAT long for a QB. But in 12-team leagues, a QB10-14 is a QB1, that's all I meant. I also agree that I wouldn't start him this week.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

It's the same story with Rivers every year. He starts off really hot when he has the whole team healthy. Then, inevitably, some time during weeks 4-6, at least 2 or 3 starting offensive lineman and one starting receiver go down, and his numbers start to decrease. Then he picks up some nagging shoulder injury due to being knocked down every other time he drops back because no one can block for him, and his performance suffers even more. Then by the end of the year, he's throwing up 250 yard 1 TD/3 INT games all over the place

Maybe this is the year the Chargers actually stay relatively healthy, but early signs seem to be pointing towards "no".
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

It looks like Odell is going to miss this week and I was going to stream Eli since Jameis isn't playing. Would you guys play Bradford instead now that Odell won't be there for Eli?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 7 of 22
Jump to: