OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
What happened? I'm offline for a couple weeks and come back and it sounds like we've reverted back to looking at Lonzo with all the worries we had before the draft.

Everything changed when it was discovered that he doesn't listen to Nas.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Not overly thrilled by all these potential distractions. Cmon Lonzo.

Not a distraction.

It's a hobby. Doesn't take away from how much time he's already putting in the gym and at home.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
Melo Ball 1 Dropped

I actually like the hook by Kenneth Paige.

same.

can't be serious

I'm not the biggest hip hop guy but I thought it was good. I don't know who Kenneth Paige even is

I can dig all type of music except country, but I'm generally a vocal trance guy/ some other EDM, when I'm not listening sports radio or podcasts.

It's official. We need ujahs permission to like something.

Last edited by epak on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not a distraction.

It's a hobby. Doesn't take away from how much time he's already putting in the gym and at home.

Yeah, if anyone has been paying attention, he looks more bigger/stronger then the last time we saw him in Summer league action.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not a distraction.

Yeah, if anyone has been paying attention, he looks more bigger/stronger then the last time we saw him in Summer league action.

Yea. His trapezius muscles look bigger.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not a distraction.

Exactly, get a grip. The kid got a place near the training center to be able to train and workout easily and is in the gym working on his game and with his teammates all the time. Even when he was on vacation, he was playing ball.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not a distraction.

Exactly, get a grip. The kid got a place near the training center to be able to train and workout easily and is in the gym working on his game and with his teammates all the time. Even when he was on vacation, he was playing ball.

ringfinger taking the L.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

No doubt than when the horn blows Lonzo will be ready & will rise to the occasion.

Quote:
ESPNLosAngeles ✔ @ESPNLosAngeles
Individual Goal for @ZO2_

"Rookie of the Year."

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-lonzo-ball-plans-to-win-rookie-of-the-year/2017/09/08/
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
No doubt than when the horn blows Lonzo will be ready & will rise to the occasion.

Quote:
ESPNLosAngeles ✔ @ESPNLosAngeles
Individual Goal for @ZO2_

"Rookie of the Year."

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-lonzo-ball-plans-to-win-rookie-of-the-year/2017/09/08/

I like it. Set the bar high, young man.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Not a distraction.

ringfinger taking the L.

Haha, ok, maybe distraction was the wrong word. Extra-curricular activities?

Or perhaps it's just that I only want to see basketball related news regarding our rookies until they prove themselves. I dunno, should I be thrilled he's on a reality show? I'm just sort of meh about it. Don't care so much about JC's hollywood lifestyle either.

Guess I meant its just noise. Ready to see some basketball I suppose.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Man, this dude has some people who ride HARD for him. There were like 3 dudes who left MJSTian, 3,000 word comments on the video I did on his scoring ability. I just delete that (bleep). Holy crap.
Triple B's in this thang

I wish we somehow still had Jermey Lin & DLO with Lonzo so we could watch the universe implode
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Man, this dude has some people who ride HARD for him. There were like 3 dudes who left MJSTian, 3,000 word comments on the video I did on his scoring ability. I just delete that (bleep). Holy crap.

LOL!
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
This confirms that Zo ain't better than Kobe in rapping. Flow for flow and lyrically, Kobe > Zo.

I don't agree. I think Lonzo raps really well.....surprisingly well. Didn't expect it to sound that good.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Triple B's in this thang

I wish we somehow still had Jermey Lin & DLO with Lonzo so we could watch the universe implode

I'd argue that DLO had anti-stans, and that's where the crazy came from in his case. I don't think a ton of people ride THAT hard for him. I But yeah, as much as I looooove Lonzo, some of his fans are definitely reminiscent of Lin fans.

Agreed. I'd didn't put it clearly but that's what I meant haha. The combined powers of Lin & Ball fans fanned into flames by anti DLO fans would have surely crashed LG every night lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
This confirms that Zo ain't better than Kobe in rapping. Flow for flow and lyrically, Kobe > Zo.

I don't agree. I think Lonzo raps really well.....surprisingly well. Didn't expect it to sound that good.

Have you heard this Kobe song?

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

Who's his 👻 writer?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Or perhaps it's just that I only want to see basketball related news regarding our rookies until they prove themselves. I dunno, should I be thrilled he's on a reality show? I'm just sort of meh about it. Don't care so much about JC's hollywood lifestyle either.

Bro, you had to know well in advance of the draft that if we took Lonzo we wouldn't be just getting basketball news out of him. He's a celebrity along with being a basketball player.

Harrison Faigen calls all of the new garbage that he has to write about on a daily basis "LaVarticles".

Haha, I actually expected it more from Lavar. But yeah, you're right, and I'm not saying oh he should be in the gym because i know he is but any time there is a player with something still to prove, I would really rather see basketball related news.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Bro, you had to know well in advance of the draft that if we took Lonzo we wouldn't be just getting basketball news out of him. He's a celebrity along with being a basketball player.

Harrison Faigen calls all of the new garbage that he has to write about on a daily basis "LaVarticles".

Haha, I actually expected it more from Lavar. But yeah, you're right, and I'm not saying oh he should be in the gym because i know he is but any time there is a player with something still to prove, I would really rather see basketball related news.

There's not really anything basketball related happening right now. We'll probably start hearing stuff when training camp starts up.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Triple B's in this thang

I'd argue that DLO had anti-stans, and that's where the crazy came from in his case. I don't think a ton of people ride THAT hard for him. I But yeah, as much as I looooove Lonzo, some of his fans are definitely reminiscent of Lin fans.

Agreed. I'd didn't put it clearly but that's what I meant haha. The combined powers of Lin & Ball fans fanned into flames by anti DLO fans would have surely crashed LG every night lol

There is not much to compare. Ball was MVP and has a 2 triple doubles advantage over any NBA prospect, he deserves some hype.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Triple B's in this thang

There is not much to compare. Ball was MVP and has a 2 triple doubles advantage over any NBA prospect, he deserves some hype.

The posts are about crazy fans who were totally for or totally against a player.
Nice of you to weigh in and put a name to it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see Lonzo learn some defensive tricks from KCP this year. Dude doesn't have the physical dominance of a guy like Kawhi but he uses his feet and instincts well, good at angles, stays attached with the best of them. Lonzo would do well to learn from him.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The posts are about crazy fans who were totally for or totally against a player.

Sure, that is what I'm talking about too.

I just think Lonzo Ball summer league performance makes the crazy hype about him somewhat understandable and perfectly acceptable.

I'd say the same about Kuzma, some "over-hype" is acceptable when you have players performing at MVP level among other players at the same stage of development.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

Who's his 👻 writer?

it me

I was only probably like 8 years old too wow so amazing I am
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

You deleted the Big Baller Blurbs? smh

I know blurbs are short, but these are BIG BALLER BLURBS GUISE...everything we do is big baybeh
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Sure, that is what I'm talking about too.

I just think Lonzo Ball summer league performance makes the crazy hype about him somewhat understandable and perfectly acceptable.

I'd say the same about Kuzma, some "over-hype" is acceptable when you have players performing at MVP level among other players at the same stage of development.

Fine by me, so long as you understand that you are volunteering yourself as an example of the crazed fanaticism that GT is describing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 429, 430, 431 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 430 of 1688
Jump to: