OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 430, 431, 432 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The posts are about crazy fans who were totally for or totally against a player.

Sure, that is what I'm talking about too.

I just think Lonzo Ball summer league performance makes the crazy hype about him somewhat understandable and perfectly acceptable.

I'd say the same about Kuzma, some "over-hype" is acceptable when you have players performing at MVP level among other players at the same stage of development.

Fine by me, so long as you understand that you are volunteering yourself as an example of the crazed fanaticism that GT is describing.

Haven't seen Nash post 3k word comments hyping Lonzo.

I see Nash's point about Lonzo showing the goods at every stop, Chino Hills, UCLA and summer league. It's a natural progression for a fan to think Lonzo will bring it in the next level. And I don't see anything wrong with that.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The posts are about crazy fans who were totally for or totally against a player.

I just think Lonzo Ball summer league performance makes the crazy hype about him somewhat understandable and perfectly acceptable.

I'd say the same about Kuzma, some "over-hype" is acceptable when you have players performing at MVP level among other players at the same stage of development.

Fine by me, so long as you understand that you are volunteering yourself as an example of the crazed fanaticism that GT is describing.

I see Nash's point about Lonzo showing the goods at every stop, Chino Hills, UCLA and summer league. It's a natural progression for a fan to think Lonzo will bring it in the next level. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

He is talking about my criticism over a player that is not here anymore and I'll take my portion of the blame.

I'm more critic about other players less talented than this player, but those players don't have as many crazy fans

I like Ball a lot, I believe he is a unique talent and his triple doubles and summer league MVP help keeping this thread calm. I mean, someone can point a lot of flaws and talk about hype, but the supporters don't have a nervous breakdown because he has 2 triple doubles more than any rookie ever had in summer league so there is not so much to discuss at this point about how good of a prospect he is, it is a matter of development going forward. Supporting Ball you don't have to make a case for his talent, he was MVP and champion the first time he played for us. Can someone ask for more?

I'ver never felt the appeal to be a Clippers fan, my standards are high as it is the standard of this franchise and that is what I love about being a Lakers fan. I want to give someone a Clippers jersey every time I see a folk defending mediocrity, that is just the way I am.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball Worked Out With Kevin Durant And Steve Nash
Quote:
“KD came up there to work out last week. I got to work out with him and that was cool. Him and Steve Nash,” Ball said.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-lonzo-ball-worked-out-with-kevin-durant-and-steve-nash/2017/09/10/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lonzo Ball Worked Out With Kevin Durant And Steve Nash
Quote:
“KD came up there to work out last week. I got to work out with him and that was cool. Him and Steve Nash,” Ball said.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-lonzo-ball-worked-out-with-kevin-durant-and-steve-nash/2017/09/10/

Superstar working with a rookie... not so common. Obviously it wasn't only about Lonzo but cool to know he's able to get up close and personal with Durant.

Nash is the perfect PG mentor.. I always hoped DLO would work with him but I'll take Lonzo
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Ball Family episode 3 is out. I'm enjoying it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Ball Family episode 3 is out. I'm enjoying it.

I thought it was good

Like them or hate them, they are getting a lot of YouTube views. For this episode, 1 of them was over a million views and a couple were over 200K.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

They are portraying Melo to be so dumb.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

Dont worry Melo been training for the part his whole life
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

Doubt it. That's just who he is. A 16 year old.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The tone of his/her post makes me volunteer myself as "an example of the crazed fanaticism that GT is describing". We're not volunteering to post 3000 word posts, defend the kid when he inevitably has a bad game, ignore the fact that he struggled with his shot, or any such thing.

We are, however, vocally and via the electronic/written word, asserting that two triple doubles in the summer league, when no other player has done so, winning the SL MVP, and this kid's track record on every level, justifies our high expectations.

One of those expectations being that there is a growing base of people who don't like him or the Lakers, they hate the fact that he did win the SL MVP, and they hate even more the fact that we did win the SL championship.

The haters are really going to grow as his game grows, and we'll be right here waiting for them sir.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

There's nothing wrong with being excited about Lonzo. Lots to be excited about.

But big difference between that and crowning him a star, superstar, part of a superteam, etc, and being adamant about it or failing to recognize faults, areas of improvement, etc.

Same with Ingram. Somehow he is being crowned a lockdown defender.

Let's just see him lock some guys down first.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
There's nothing wrong with being excited about Lonzo. Lots to be excited about.

But big difference between that and crowning him a star, superstar, part of a superteam, etc, and being adamant about it or failing to recognize faults, areas of improvement, etc.

Same with Ingram. Somehow he is being crowned a lockdown defender.

Let's just see him lock some guys down first.

Yep. 2 different views: Excitement vs G.O.A.T'ing someone. The latter being cray cray.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The problem is, we have players who have shown more in high school, college and even the pros, and he wants them shipped out.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The problem is, we have players who have shown more in high school, college and even the pros, and he wants them shipped out.

Ah I see. I haven't been keeping up on the other threads.

However, question: Who on the Lakers have had a combined better HS, College and Summer League production and team success than Lonzo? (Of course I'm not including NBA regular season since Lonzo hasn't played in it yet). Or better yet, who in the entire NBA has had a better combined production?

A handful? And that's including guys who skipped straight from HS to the NBA.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

He is talking about my criticism over a player that is not here anymore and I'll take my portion of the blame.

I'm more critic about other players less talented than this player, but those players don't have as many crazy fans

I like Ball a lot, I believe he is a unique talent and his triple doubles and summer league MVP help keeping this thread calm. I mean, someone can point a lot of flaws and talk about hype, but the supporters don't have a nervous breakdown because he has 2 triple doubles more than any rookie ever had in summer league so there is not so much to discuss at this point about how good of a prospect he is, it is a matter of development going forward. Supporting Ball you don't have to make a case for his talent, he was MVP and champion the first time he played for us. Can someone ask for more?

I'ver never felt the appeal to be a Clippers fan, my standards are high as it is the standard of this franchise and that is what I love about being a Lakers fan. I want to give someone a Clippers jersey every time I see a folk defending mediocrity, that is just the way I am.
tell nash...tell em..preach
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

which player that the lakers currently have, has shown change the culture of their high school team, change the culture of their college team, and changed the culture of their summer league pro team? NO ONE has done that. We're not just talking about stats or even wins per se. Culture changing is something that usually happens with a coach. Have you ever seen a player that changed the culture of a team like lonzo has? I know I havent. lebron was a beast his entire life, still is. but his team didnt play like him. they played with him and held on for dear life as he carried them to the promise land.

same with kobe to some degree. i can say kobe got the younger guys to become mini mambas the year we beat the celtics. that was a culture change. no bs attitudes, no fear mentality from sasha to sbrown back to kobe. but that took seasons to pull off.

This kid lonzo is doing it in a matter of weeks now. how do you have an entire team playing like you after a couple of games even when you're out hurt? thats unheard of vent. you have to respect it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

which player that the lakers currently have, has shown change the culture of their high school team, change the culture of their college team, and changed the culture of their summer league pro team? NO ONE has done that. We're not just talking about stats or even wins per se. Culture changing is something that usually happens with a coach. Have you ever seen a player that changed the culture of a team like lonzo has? I know I havent. lebron was a beast his entire life, still is. but his team didnt play like him. they played with him and held on for dear life as he carried them to the promise land.

same with kobe to some degree. i can say kobe got the younger guys to become mini mambas the year we beat the celtics. that was a culture change. no bs attitudes, no fear mentality from sasha to sbrown back to kobe. but that took seasons to pull off.

This kid lonzo is doing it in a matter of weeks now. how do you have an entire team playing like you after a couple of games even when you're out hurt? thats unheard of vent. you have to respect it.

This is the guy who declared Lonzo a "role player" on the basis of watching some of one game against Kentucky. Why respond.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Uh... no we don't. He was the best player in the country in HS and was the best freshman in the country last year. We have nobody on the roster who fits that description.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I would say guys like LBJ and Kobe did change the mentality of teams but like you said it was more of a drag others along for the ride kind of dynamic.

Ball is one of the most influential rookies I've seen. I think his influence wont stop at the Lakers because its a copy cat league.

I have the over on Ball career #'s:
4 all-star
3 asts titles
2 Rings
MVP

Call me crazy it's the most logical prediction my brain can come up with after analyzing his game so far.

Been saying this since before the draft and I am on the record saying I would of have takin him #1 and only had KAT and Porz ahead of him in the last three drafts combined. Now I wouldn't even trade him for Proz.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

Sooo, apparently Lonzo not the first PG star coming out of UCLA with a rap single
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
This confirms that Zo ain't better than Kobe in rapping. Flow for flow and lyrically, Kobe > Zo.

I don't agree. I think Lonzo raps really well.....surprisingly well. Didn't expect it to sound that good.

Have you heard this Kobe song?

Not bad.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I would say guys like LBJ and Kobe did change the mentality of teams but like you said it was more of a drag others along for the ride kind of dynamic.

Ball is one of the most influential rookies I've seen. I think his influence wont stop at the Lakers because its a copy cat league.

I have the over on Ball career #'s:
4 all-star
3 asts titles
2 Rings
MVP

Call me crazy it's the most logical prediction my brain can come up with after analyzing his game so far.

Been saying this since before the draft and I am on the record saying I would of have takin him #1 and only had KAT and Porz ahead of him in the last three drafts combined. Now I wouldn't even trade him for Proz.
i said the same thing to a friend of mine and on here. dont be surprised when other teams start playing similar to the lakers which is similar to lonzo.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
This confirms that Zo ain't better than Kobe in rapping. Flow for flow and lyrically, Kobe > Zo.

I don't agree. I think Lonzo raps really well.....surprisingly well. Didn't expect it to sound that good.

Truth is Lonzo is a not so bad rapper in a bad rapping era. which means he's a B- rapper in an era where an A is actually a C. So that means zo is a D- rapper vs actual rappers that rap well. this is a terrible/horrible era for rap. Because guys sound so bad. This lonzo song sounds decent. Decent is now very good. what part of the game is that? lol.

any basketball player rapping now can out rap or rap just as BAD as most of the known rappers of this era. no they can't hang with the actual top 2 (Kendrick, Cole). i dont count drake. he doesnt write a majority of his stuff. he also gets most of his styles from other unknown rappers. sure i like some of his songs but knowing that info. He can never be in this discussion. he's a great artist with a great team. thats it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm just glad music is just a hobby for him as he has stated.
The first love is basketball.
Same with BI; drawing is secondary to his first love: basketball.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo ranked the highest rookie on ESPN rankings and higher than Carmelo

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 430, 431, 432 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 431 of 1688
Jump to: