2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
It looks like Odell is going to miss this week and I was going to stream Eli since Jameis isn't playing. Would you guys play Bradford instead now that Odell won't be there for Eli?

Against the Saints? I would.

Odell is officially out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I highly recommend picking up Tarik Cohen of the Bears. I think his will soon be sharing time with Howard. He had 113 yards and a receiving TD. 15.3 points in my league.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I highly recommend picking up Tarik Cohen of the Bears. I think his will soon be sharing time with Howard. He had 113 yards and a receiving TD. 15.3 points in my league.

He's going to be the #1 pickup after week 1 probably. Doubt he'll ever be an every down back but maybe like a darren sproles type. He looks awesome.

And he should have been in instead of Jordan Howard at the end there. You a Bears fan? You're always hyping their players.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I got exactly 2 TD's between my 2 fantasy teams today... One by Jordy Nelson and the other by Carson Palmer
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
I got exactly 2 TD's between my 2 fantasy teams today... One by Jordy Nelson and the other by Carson Palmer

In 1 of my leagues, I got about 45 points on Thursday from Gillislee and Tyreek Hill alone, and I had 8 players today only get a total of 55 points. Scoring was way down today.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

Haha yeah. Seems like not too many players had big games. Leveon and DJ were busts this week, none of the big receivers had big games. AB did I guess but no score.

In one league, I have Kareem Hunt. He has single handedly outscores one of my.other teams although I have 3 players to go but still haha
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

LOL, I got literally 1 TD this week...by my QB Cousins who was otherwise awful.

All my RBs and WRs seemed to be allergic to the end zone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He's going to be the #1 pickup after week 1 probably. Doubt he'll ever be an every down back but maybe like a darren sproles type. He looks awesome.

And he should have been in instead of Jordan Howard at the end there. You a Bears fan? You're always hyping their players.

Yes I am, I was hyping Howard last season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes I am, I was hyping Howard last season.

I drafted Howard in all of my 12-team leagues last year and it paid dividends. Too bad he is such an awful pass catcher or else he'd be up there.

Everyone is gonna know about Tarik, he's all over the fantasy news sites. Real question is, who will be the primary WR/TE beneficiary with both Cam and White out? Zach Miller? Bellamy? Probabyl Cohen.

I'm wondering if I should sneak a Zach Miller pick up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

They are in trouble at WR but I see Bellamy getting some looks. White looked decent yesterday. Glennon did look for Miller often.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
They are in trouble at WR but I see Bellamy getting some looks. White looked decent yesterday. Glennon did look for Miller often.

I took a dart throw at Hooper since I drafted TE last and got lucky this week. Miller had 6 targets with white on the field so hopefully he'll see a slight uptick in targets. I'd expect Chicago to be behind or within striking distance of most games.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Just saw that David Johnson on my team is likely out 8-12 weeks with a dislocated wrist....and Allen Robinson has a torn ACL. lol grrreat
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

Who do you guys like as a flex play in Week 2, 12 team standard scoring?

Bilial Powell @ OAK
Pierre Garcon @ SEA
Paul Perkins vs DET
Jarvis Landry @ LAC

Think I'll roll out Powell despite a poor week 1 but he seems like he has the most favorable role and volume oppprtunity.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Bilial Powell @ OAK
Pierre Garcon @ SEA
Paul Perkins vs DET
Jarvis Landry @ LAC

Think I'll roll out Powell despite a poor week 1 but he seems like he has the most favorable role and volume oppprtunity.
I'd do either Jarvis or Powell.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Bilial Powell @ OAK
Pierre Garcon @ SEA
Paul Perkins vs DET
Jarvis Landry @ LAC

Thanks. Think i'll give Powell one more shot. Landry concerns me only because I don't know how Cutler is going to gel with him just yet. All the hype is around Parker right now.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

David Johnson placed on IR. Cardinals looking to sign RB Chris Johnson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10404/david-johnson
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Bilial Powell @ OAK
Pierre Garcon @ SEA
Paul Perkins vs DET
Jarvis Landry @ LAC

Thanks. Think i'll give Powell one more shot. Landry concerns me only because I don't know how Cutler is going to gel with him just yet. All the hype is around Parker right now.

I'd say Powell or Landry as well. I might give the slight edge to Landry though.

The Jets might go down early, and Forte is better in the passing game. So Powell might not see quite as many snaps as he normally would. The Chargers also got roasted by freaking Trevor Seimian in the short passing game. I'd expect at least 6 catches for Landry.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Is it worth #1 waiver priority to go after Kerwyn Williams, or are Ellington and CJ (assuming they sign him) going to steal too many carries?
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Is it worth #1 waiver priority to go after Kerwyn Williams, or are Ellington and CJ (assuming they sign him) going to steal too many carries?

that AZ RB situation seems like a cluster -- what i've read is that it was already going to be a RB committee with ellington and the other dude, if they bring is CJ will that not happen? Or are they going to spread the love around 3 backs?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Bilial Powell @ OAK
Pierre Garcon @ SEA
Paul Perkins vs DET
Jarvis Landry @ LAC

Garçon.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
It always made a certain amount of sense to draft Zeke high relative to his ADP this year, provided you drafted McFadden in the 90-110 range.

You figure McFadden performs at the level of say RB12 while Zeke is suspended weeks 1-7. That's roughly the equivalent of Fournette/Miller/McCafferey, who have ADP's in the 25-30. Then you figure Zeke would have been drafted likely 3rd overall, and you have him Weeks 8-16. That averages out to a player with value at roughly #16 overall, which is about 8 spots higher than Zeke's ADP.

Then, it was pretty obvious there was a non-zero chance of exactly what happened yesterday ending up happening. So if you assume a 40% chance of having the 3rd overall player for the entire season and a 60% chance of having the equivalent of the 16th overall player for the season, that averages out to a player with value at pick #11-Ish.

So at pick 20-25, that's really good value.

That's what I did in the league where I got Zeke. I took him with my 2nd round pick in a 12-teamer, #18 overall, and I got McFadden later in the draft.

Same. I got DJ at #1. Then took Zeke at #20. Picked up McFadden way late after the 12th round somewhere. Got Kareem Hunt too. Stacked at RB which left me with Philip Rivers as my starting QB. Trying to pickup Carson Palmer off waivers and dump McFadden.
you dont have faith in Rivers?

As a Charger fan I believe he's capable of winning a super bowl. He's a natural leader, his teammates love him, makes the correct pre-snap reads and manages the game overall pretty well.

He's just not a reliable fantasy QB. Sometimes he's put in situations where he has to try to do too much, and that's when the INT's rack up. He's a good QB off the bench or in 2 QB leagues.

I almost always wait until the 6th round or later to draft a QB. The gap between QB1 and QB12 is just a few points over the course of a season.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
David Johnson placed on IR. Cardinals looking to sign RB Chris Johnson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10404/david-johnson

My RB lineup of DJ and Zeke didn't even get 1 game together Was expecting to run through my league.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Serves you right for getting Zeke in the 4th round
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
It always made a certain amount of sense to draft Zeke high relative to his ADP this year, provided you drafted McFadden in the 90-110 range.

You figure McFadden performs at the level of say RB12 while Zeke is suspended weeks 1-7. That's roughly the equivalent of Fournette/Miller/McCafferey, who have ADP's in the 25-30. Then you figure Zeke would have been drafted likely 3rd overall, and you have him Weeks 8-16. That averages out to a player with value at roughly #16 overall, which is about 8 spots higher than Zeke's ADP.

Then, it was pretty obvious there was a non-zero chance of exactly what happened yesterday ending up happening. So if you assume a 40% chance of having the 3rd overall player for the entire season and a 60% chance of having the equivalent of the 16th overall player for the season, that averages out to a player with value at pick #11-Ish.

So at pick 20-25, that's really good value.

That's what I did in the league where I got Zeke. I took him with my 2nd round pick in a 12-teamer, #18 overall, and I got McFadden later in the draft.

Same. I got DJ at #1. Then took Zeke at #20. Picked up McFadden way late after the 12th round somewhere. Got Kareem Hunt too. Stacked at RB which left me with Philip Rivers as my starting QB. Trying to pickup Carson Palmer off waivers and dump McFadden.
you dont have faith in Rivers?

As a Charger fan I believe he's capable of winning a super bowl. He's a natural leader, his teammates love him, makes the correct pre-snap reads and manages the game overall pretty well.

He's just not a reliable fantasy QB. Sometimes he's put in situations where he has to try to do too much, and that's when the INT's rack up. He's a good QB off the bench or in 2 QB leagues.

I almost always wait until the 6th round or later to draft a QB. The gap between QB1 and QB12 is just a few points over the course of a season.

I'm not sure what type of scoring league you're playing in, but in my biggest league, the gap between Rodgers and someone like Rivers last season was about 7 points PER GAME.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

I don't think so. No upside, they have other backs like ellington and just brought back Chris Johnson. Major cluster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22
Jump to: