Dec 18 game vs GS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

I had tickets for this game and sold them prior to knowing of this event. Somewhat frustrating, but I was planning on attending a Warriors game the week prior. Hopefully something cool for the fans though I really hope they're not already retiring Kobe's jersey. More fun to do it a few years later and bring up more nostalgia.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

alohalakers wrote:
I just bit the bullet and bought $400 seats in the 200 section from Ticketmaster. You have to be careful of buying through other sites like Stubhub or Seatgeek - almost all the tickets I saw there gave the seller the option to cancel the ticket and refund your money, sometimes up to the day before the game.

This policy really hurt buyers during Kobe's final game vs Utah. It was reported that several sellers just cancelled the paid sales after it was announced Kobe was retiring. They refunded the money and tripled or quadrupled their original asking price, so the buyers who wanted to see the game were screwed. So though your money may not be at risk, the chances of not having a guaranteed ticket are very high. The seller can basically cancel on you at any time.

dang man, i would have given you a better deal than the $400!

I remember those stories, it was messed up. Stubhub fees are disgusting too, and it's not as easy to work with (their process/site)
alohalakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! I will keep that in mind next time. ^.^
VanderBlue'sJersey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

Man, some of the responses in this thread were hilarious! Props to many of you for those,especially the "BBB will be the Lakers sponsor" comment
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

VanderBlue'sJersey wrote:
Man, some of the responses in this thread were hilarious! Props to many of you for those,especially the "BBB will be the Lakers sponsor" comment

Best
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
I had tickets for this game and sold them prior to knowing of this event. Somewhat frustrating, but I was planning on attending a Warriors game the week prior. Hopefully something cool for the fans though I really hope they're not already retiring Kobe's jersey. More fun to do it a few years later and bring up more nostalgia.

Sorry fam I hope you can still get tix.

They're retiring BOTH of his numbers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Yeah, I saw that. It is what it is, I had a feeling I wasn't gonna be able to make the game anyway, which is why I had it for sale, though had I known it was his retirement ceremony, I'd have made a point to make it.

Tix are too expensive for my bank account now!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Retire his jersey and then get blown out? I hope not.

Kobe is going to unretire and check in the game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
22 wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

Yeah, I saw that. It is what it is, I had a feeling I wasn't gonna be able to make the game anyway, which is why I had it for sale, though had I known it was his retirement ceremony, I'd have made a point to make it.

Tix are too expensive for my bank account now!

Dang Well you're a good dude for not trying to cancel the sale like some said happened in Kobe's last game
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: