OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 575, 576, 577 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I would trade Ingram for Giannis in a heartbeat. And I really like ingram.

You've always wanted to trade Ingram in a heartbeat, good to know you really like Ingram

Well it would be a no brainer deal.

Captain obvious over here.

I'm probably the biggest Giannis fan out there. He's not on the table, I'd rather discuss Brandon Ingram's summer workouts and offseason improvements. Same way I discussed Giannis improvements when he was the same age as Ingram.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Luvi wrote:
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=20671298

Trudell's comments on Ingram's height sometime after 28:00

Ingram hasn't been measured, but Trudell's saying he's at least 6'11 if not 7 feet.

Trudell talks more about Ingram's improvement after SL on his first step explosion, jumpshot, etc. There'll be a full interview vid coming out between the two sometime this week.

Didn't people say last summer Randle is 6'10"? Trudell should carry around a tape measure and start measuring these guys.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Ingram is untouchable if guys like Giannis/AD are on the table. Let's not get too silly about that. These are young proven all NBA/all stars. It would frankly be a testament to how valuable ingram was is he was traded for these amazing players.
Imo, too many times posters assume that what we saw in a player's past season(s) is what coaches and mgmt currently see behind the scenes at practice facilities. Then posters talk as if our information is credible and as up to date as can be expected. If Ingram is the player he's reported to be (despite realistic skepticism, some players do have breakout years), his value goes beyond stats. He's even more valuable if he's highly productive, and being 20 y/o is factored with his affordable contract. There's a lot of great basketball years of ability ahead. My guess is that mgmt isn't projecting him to be the 14-15 ppt scorer that many lg'ers suspect will be this year's ceiling.

A 20 y/o who's on the verge of a breakout year is something I'd prefer over an often/easily injured center with large contract needs. Forgive me if I like Giannis but prefer a guy who I suspect is in the process of perfecting his shot. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Im not going with the crowd on that one. Untouchable to me means untouchable.

Didn't you say the same things about Zubac last year?
I like Zubac and believed he could contribute well if he got the ball. "Untouchable...breakout year...I wouldn't trade him for ???? all star?" Search for quotes. I'll wait.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Ingram should be at 7ft by the time George and Lebron get here...!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
matigol wrote:
Ask google for pics and you'll see:

Okafor is 6'10 to 6'11 and he's bigger than Simmons. Embiid is much much much bigger and Saric is bigger too.

Simmons is anywhere between Covington and Saric

Ingram has about the same height.

dawg they sayin' they grew, ain't nothin before reliable! I'm tired of this!

The offseason always goes through the same stages/themes. One is reports player X grew and then people compare photos. I swear 99% of the time, even with all the reports, no one grows.

It's the same thing every summer. X player grew, Y player is sooo much better, the team looks great.....etc. I'm guessing Ingram might grow a bit over his first 2 seasons just because he's so young, but most of the time it's just off season hype.

lol yup. Supposedly Devin Booker grew.. Ben Simmons (then it was debunked).. I'm sure there are a lot more rumors too. lol. Hopefully he does grow though, his mom said his growth plates are still open..
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Bald Ingram.

https://clutchpoints.com/digital-artist-tyson-beck-gives-nba-stars-iconic-old-school-haircuts/
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
matigol wrote:
Ask google for pics and you'll see:

Okafor is 6'10 to 6'11 and he's bigger than Simmons. Embiid is much much much bigger and Saric is bigger too.

Simmons is anywhere between Covington and Saric

Ingram has about the same height.

dawg they sayin' they grew, ain't nothin before reliable! I'm tired of this!

The offseason always goes through the same stages/themes. One is reports player X grew and then people compare photos. I swear 99% of the time, even with all the reports, no one grows.

I think one of the primary exceptions was Paul George.

Ingram is also one of these guys who had a late growth spurt while also having one of these stretched string bean physiques.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure if he's taller but he certainly looks stronger than he did a year ago.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I'm not sure if he's taller but he certainly looks stronger than he did a year ago.

I agree
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure how much to get excited about Ingram, he is still a prospect and normally players dont come into their own before their 3rd or 4th season but Ingram sure looks promising.

A few things to mention. He came into the league being touted as a grear shooter. First year he wasn't and his shot was streaky and inconsistent. That's where I hope the biggest improvement happens. Along with improved physicality he could realy be the player that merits playing time as a contributor and not just because we are looking to develop him.

I really hope he's a consistant 12-14 ppg player this year even though honestly he could be capable of more and better. Still 12-14 will be a very good season for Ingram.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject:

^Those are good expectations for Ingram. 12-15 ppg, and a small increase in his shooting % should be the goal. Hopefully he can become a little more efficient every year and move up the ladder in the scoring department.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Ingram is untouchable if guys like Giannis/AD are on the table. Let's not get too silly about that. These are young proven all NBA/all stars. It would frankly be a testament to how valuable ingram was is he was traded for these amazing players.
Imo, too many times posters assume that what we saw in a player's past season(s) is what coaches and mgmt currently see behind the scenes at practice facilities. Then posters talk as if our information is credible and as up to date as can be expected. If Ingram is the player he's reported to be (despite realistic skepticism, some players do have breakout years), his value goes beyond stats. He's even more valuable if he's highly productive, and being 20 y/o is factored with his affordable contract. There's a lot of great basketball years of ability ahead. My guess is that mgmt isn't projecting him to be the 14-15 ppt scorer that many lg'ers suspect will be this year's ceiling.

A 20 y/o who's on the verge of a breakout year is something I'd prefer over an often/easily injured center with large contract needs. Forgive me if I like Giannis but prefer a guy who I suspect is in the process of perfecting his shot. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Im not going with the crowd on that one. Untouchable to me means untouchable.

Didn't you say the same things about Zubac last year?
I like Zubac and believed he could contribute well if he got the ball. "Untouchable...breakout year...I wouldn't trade him for ???? all star?" Search for quotes. I'll wait.

My point is that we all tend to overrate our guys (I did that with DLO).

In no universe is Magic turning down Giannis (22 years old, 2nd team all NBA/all star, all defense team, Most Improved Player) for an Ingram centric package. That would speak volumes to how valuable Ingram became (after an underwhelming rookie year), though I'm 100% sure the Bucks decline that. Nor would Magic turn down Anthony Davis.

Now, I agree that we should turn down trading Ingram for washed up former stars like Melo or even Boogie. But Giannis/AD, we would absolutely make the move.

Again, I'm not even advocating trading him. I actually want him on the team if we get 2 max players, even if they're PG13/LBJ. Just saying that the "untouchable" label is a misnomer when it comes to trading for young proven superstars like Giannis/AD.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So let me get this straight, if Anthony Davis or Giannis were being offered for Ingram straight up you'd refuse it?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

Everyone is "untouchable" until they aren't.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So let me get this straight, if Anthony Davis or Giannis were being offered for Ingram straight up you'd refuse it?

We'll have silly little debates like this during the dry offseason, its understandable. I surely respect those who view BI as absolutely untouchable, but if we're talking a package that is essentially a BI for Giannis swap come on man you do that before Milwaukee's changes their mind.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Brandon Ingram has officially become a religion.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Brandon Ingram has officially become a religion.

He might be a messiah but I'll trade him straight up for AD or Greakfreak right now
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

if you're allowed to touch someone else's untouchables that you want, then they can touch yours too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
if you're allowed to touch someone else's untouchables that you want, then they can touch yours too.

Ok now. We have some under 13 year olds on LG!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:

delete

Last edited by governator on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Ruddog89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:

Ok now. We have some under 13 year olds on LG!

Probably, but it made me LOL
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

Those quotes from the coaching staff are scary. Watch out, league.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:

holy (bleep), I laughed way too hard at this lmfao
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:

A lot of people expect 15PPG but I'm thinking he might reach the 20 point mark, everything that's being talked about regarding Ingram is what people don't expect this soon, maybe Ingram is just a special player.... im so glad we didn't trade him for Cousins.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

A lot of people expect 15PPG but I'm thinking he might reach the 20 point mark, everything that's being talked about regarding Ingram is what people don't expect this soon, maybe Ingram is just a special player.... im so glad we didn't trade him for Cousins.

I'd be ecstatic with 15ppg. It's more realistic if he ends up with 12-13ppg. His body is too underdeveloped. But I agree, glad we didn't trade him for Cousins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 575, 576, 577 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 576 of 1885
Jump to: