OFFICIAL LARRY LEGEND NANCE JR THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25932

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

What To Expect From Larry Nance Jr. This Fall

Quote:
'Coming off of his second year in the NBA, what should Los Angeles Lakers fans expect to see from PF Larry Nance Jr. this season?'



https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/08/30/los-angeles-lakers-what-to-expect-from-larry-nance-jr-this-fall/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 25932

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance, Jr. says the Lakersí defense wonít be the worst in the NBA this season
"Larry Nance Jr. talks about his summer workouts and makes a strong statement on how he would like to see the Lakers improve."


* http://www.spectrumsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20170830/larry-nance-jr-sets-team-and-personal-goals

* https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/30/16231522/la-lakers-news-larry-nance-jr-defense-worst-in-league-stats-analysis-quotes-spectrum-sportsnet
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23132

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Larry Nance, Jr. says the Lakersí defense wonít be the worst in the NBA this season
"Larry Nance Jr. talks about his summer workouts and makes a strong statement on how he would like to see the Lakers improve."


* http://www.spectrumsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20170830/larry-nance-jr-sets-team-and-personal-goals

* https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/30/16231522/la-lakers-news-larry-nance-jr-defense-worst-in-league-stats-analysis-quotes-spectrum-sportsnet


Lol I like those lofty goals. Won't be the worst in the league... the fans thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 13165

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

Quote from Magic Johnson today:

Quote:
Our secret weapon is Larry Nance. Because Larry, we've gotten calls from a lot of teams wanna trade for him and Brandon Ingram. We've said no. Larry is such a fundamentally sound basketball player.


I love it.
_________________
2017: Lonzo . KCP . Brandon . Julius . Brook
2018: Lonzo . Paul . Brandon . Lebron . Julius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 2117

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote from Magic Johnson today:

Quote:
Our secret weapon is Larry Nance. Because Larry, we've gotten calls from a lot of teams wanna trade for him and Brandon Ingram. We've said no. Larry is such a fundamentally sound basketball player.


I love it.


Gary Lance!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 10763
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

Magic is such a great guy to have in a teams organization, all these guys are gonna play with a chip on there shoulder cause of how the management respects them and how we were willing to keep them during trade talks that just gives the Laker players more motivation to show there value... this new FO has been amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6212

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote from Magic Johnson today:

Quote:
Our secret weapon is Larry Nance. Because Larry, we've gotten calls from a lot of teams wanna trade for him and Brandon Ingram. We've said no. Larry is such a fundamentally sound basketball player.


I love it.


Hmm, sounds like Larry is Magic's trade chip
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 13165

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Congrats on your wedding engagement Larry.
_________________
2017: Lonzo . KCP . Brandon . Julius . Brook
2018: Lonzo . Paul . Brandon . Lebron . Julius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1854

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Larry needs to space the floor and take/make threes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 13165

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Larry needs to space the floor and take/make threes.


I thought he's gonna be defensive player of the year.
_________________
2017: Lonzo . KCP . Brandon . Julius . Brook
2018: Lonzo . Paul . Brandon . Lebron . Julius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
P.K.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2003
Posts: 18686

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote from Magic Johnson today:

Quote:
Our secret weapon is Larry Nance. Because Larry, we've gotten calls from a lot of teams wanna trade for him and Brandon Ingram. We've said no. Larry is such a fundamentally sound basketball player.


I love it.


Hmm, sounds like Larry is Magic's trade chip

The other way to read that is that they've got Larry on a cheap contract for 2 more years - and he fits within the finances of the "2 superstar" plan.
In other words, Magic wants to keep him around because they're gonna shop JR (like they already have) - or know that they probably won't be able to resign JR in free agency with 2 superstars.
Nance is a capable player that gives you 90% of what JR does (along with better D) for only about 10% of JR's expected cost next year.

so, yeah...I'd expect Magic to keep a death grip on Larry until they know (at least) 2 things: 1) how is Kuz gonna shape up in real NBA games, and 2) what their final plan is for JR.
_________________
BI, PG13, Ball, Zu: the future core
Never argue with a fool - listeners can't tell you apart
Wilt's unstoppable fadeaway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9MgNfcGJA
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 3303

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Alot of potential in Larry. Always been a fan of his. His father was my favirote player growing up. Really pulling for him. Has the potential of Ibaka imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2012
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Alot of potential in Larry. Always been a fan of his. His father was my favirote player growing up. Really pulling for him. Has the potential of Ibaka imo.


I like the optimism but that is a really strange and far off comp IMO.
_________________
"Charlie Ward SUCKS" - Bill Walton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118758
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Larry needs to space the floor and take/make threes.


That isn't the role Luke sees for him or for Randle.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 2193
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
governator wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote from Magic Johnson today:

Quote:
Our secret weapon is Larry Nance. Because Larry, we've gotten calls from a lot of teams wanna trade for him and Brandon Ingram. We've said no. Larry is such a fundamentally sound basketball player.


I love it.


Hmm, sounds like Larry is Magic's trade chip

The other way to read that is that they've got Larry on a cheap contract for 2 more years - and he fits within the finances of the "2 superstar" plan.
In other words, Magic wants to keep him around because they're gonna shop JR (like they already have) - or know that they probably won't be able to resign JR in free agency with 2 superstars.
Nance is a capable player that gives you 90% of what JR does (along with better D) for only about 10% of JR's expected cost next year.

so, yeah...I'd expect Magic to keep a death grip on Larry until they know (at least) 2 things: 1) how is Kuz gonna shape up in real NBA games, and 2) what their final plan is for JR.


Magic shoots from the hip. Nance isn't going anywhere. I love how Magic praised Nance & how Max Kellerman reinforced that Nance should be an untouchable with Ball and Ingram! I absolutely loved it. Max telling Magic what we are thinking. Never trade this dude! It was great to see Magic saying he received offers for Nance but turned them all down!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 5078

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXG3wikBUdY/?taken-by=haileyalta

Larry looking ripped, too...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7145
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Larry Nance, Jr. says the Lakersí defense wonít be the worst in the NBA this season
"Larry Nance Jr. talks about his summer workouts and makes a strong statement on how he would like to see the Lakers improve."


* http://www.spectrumsportsnet.com/lakers/videos/20170830/larry-nance-jr-sets-team-and-personal-goals

* https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/8/30/16231522/la-lakers-news-larry-nance-jr-defense-worst-in-league-stats-analysis-quotes-spectrum-sportsnet


Lol I like those lofty goals. Won't be the worst in the league... the fans thank you

Randle: No predictions; just got in shape and showed progressive shooting videos.
Ingram: No predictions; spoke of and showed video of fixing ft stroke and weight lifting.
Clarkson: No predictions; spoke of focus on improving all things "left."
Ball: No predictions
Zubac: No predictions
Lopez: No predictions
KCP: No predictions
Kuzma: No predictions
Luke: No predictions

No doubt everyone of the players are confident that their hard work this summer will contribute to improving the team without predicting specific results. Why should Nance be the only player expected to give a specific/lofty prediction?

As I see and hear reports of his and every other player's hard work, I strongly believe this team had a lot of potential to improve, did improve on both ends, and has been greatly misjudged by virtually everyone.

When reviews begin leaking out next week and puzzle pieces are put together, I expect to get reports of the beginning of something really special.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181
Page 181 of 181
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB