The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall

Yep saw that pic.
You know LBJ is coming to L.A. But I'm thinking the Clippers.

There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:
LeBron and his wife where checking out Notre Dame HS in LA yesterday, his son will be a freshman next fall

Yep saw that pic.

There has been noise (growing louder and louder by the day) that Westbrook, Lebron and PG13 will all be in LA; potentially 2 to the lakers because of cap space and the other going to the clips. Ultimately, no one knows except those 3 guys. If I'm OKC I'm getting a little uncomfortable with each passing day RW doesn't sign that contract.

Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yep saw that pic.

Clips? They don't have nearly the cap space unless they do a S&T or something. Even if they let DeAndre go (who is playing center?), i don't think they have enough.

Even if you are saying is true, in what world would LeBron want to choose the Clippers over the Lakers? LeBron specifically wants to play with Lonzo which is 1 major factor why LeBron is seen as coming to the Lakers next summer, he went to SL to watch Ball play and you know both LeBron and Ball have already talked with each other on teaming up, Clippers don't have the same domino effect like the Lakers do in getting LeBron....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I would say this which is crazy, but I wouldn't be shocked if we somehow landed LeBron now instead of next summer, 1 big reason is that the Cavs aren't gonna go through another situation were there franchise player tells them that he's gonna leave once FA gets underway, I think there is a very slight chance that LeBron is traded before FA.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yep saw that pic.

Even if you are saying is true, in what world would LeBron want to choose the Clippers over the Lakers? LeBron specifically wants to play with Lonzo which is 1 major factor why LeBron is seen as coming to the Lakers next summer, he went to SL to watch Ball play and you know both LeBron and Ball have already talked with each other on teaming up, Clippers don't have the same domino effect like the Lakers do in getting LeBron....

Where did LeBron say he specifically wants to play with Lonzo?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yep saw that pic.

Yeah I'm not sure if they could pull it off, but teams are usually able to move $ and open up cap space. So I wouldn't rule them out, but yeah I would think the lakers have the advantage because they have the space for 2 max or will soon have it while the clippers will have to make moves just to create 1 max.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yep saw that pic.

Where did LeBron say he specifically wants to play with Lonzo?

He wouldn't say it now which would be stupid considering he's still playing for the Cavs, but the signs are there.... you can tell that LeBron and Ball have already talked with each other.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I still see the 2 max being pursued as

1. LBJ/PG13
2. LBJ/WB (both would have to take a discount)
3. WB/PG13.

I like #1 and #3 better than #2.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ/PG13
3. WB/PG13.

Hard not to want Bron AND Russ, but the fit with them, Luke, and our young pieces seems a little awkward.

Plan #1 feels like a good balance/blend in talent.

And then the Cousins and PG grouping... that IMO is the best fit for Luke and the age of our core.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ/PG13
3. WB/PG13.

Hard not to want Bron AND Russ, but the fit with them, Luke, and our young pieces seems a little awkward.

Plan #1 feels like a good balance/blend in talent.

And then the Cousins and PG grouping... that IMO is the best fit for Luke and the age of our core.

If any of #1-#3 happen Luke is coaching the team in name only
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yep saw that pic.

If we somehow get all 3. Will you put in your signature that I'm a fortune teller of epic proportions? I've tried to do the math with you in the past. I think if we somehow get Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Lopez, and KCP completely off the books. We'd have 27.5 mill per person for the big 3 (2.5 mill more than Durant is getting paid this year).
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yep saw that pic.

If we somehow get all 3. Will you put in your signature that I'm a fortune teller of epic proportions? I've tried to do the math with you in the past. I think if we somehow get Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Lopez, and KCP completely off the books. We'd have 27.5 mill per person for the big 3 (2.5 mill more than Durant is getting paid this year).

If it requires two first round picks to clear those contracts, is that an acceptable cost?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yep saw that pic.

If it requires two first round picks to clear those contracts, is that an acceptable cost?

For me I would say absolutely.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

HOLY CRAP MY HIGH SCHOOL

Giancarlo Stanton, Rami Malek, Pjiddy, now Lebron James JR....lotta greats to wander those halls.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers future Mount Rushmore at 2:24

NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

About a 1% chance but what if all three of WB/LBJ/PG13 all agreed to team up and take discounts. They could potentially get 24M each if we traded away Deng and Clarkson for no salary after this year. Long shot but Durant took 25M so it's not impossible.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
About a 1% chance but what if all three of WB/LBJ/PG13 all agreed to team up and take discounts. They could potentially get 24M each if we traded away Deng and Clarkson for no salary after this year. Long shot but Durant took 25M so it's not impossible.

I don't understand pursuing Westbrook if they think so highly of Lonzo. He makes way more sense press conference wise than philosophy-wise.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

2 is good enough for me.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

I don't understand pursuing Westbrook if they think so highly of Lonzo. He makes way more sense press conference wise than philosophy-wise.

It's more for the comfotability for all three players to know they have a lineup to possibly dethrone the Warriors. It's a huge long shot but LBJ saying he wants WB might mean something.

WB at the 2 leaking out is a scary thought in transition with Lonzo leading the break or outlet passing.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

It's more for the comfotability for all three players to know they have a lineup to possibly dethrone the Warriors. It's a huge long shot but LBJ saying he wants WB might mean something.

WB at the 2 leaking out is a scary thought in transition with Lonzo leading the break or outlet passing.

If you could corral him into that role, and get him to reduce the inane shots. Floor spacing might be a problem, too.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Btw I was kidding about the clippers
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ/PG13
3. WB/PG13.

Not disagreeing with you, but just not sure why we would want WB. Magic talking about Lonzo and the pass-first mentality he brings and all that.

Just curious. If we are going to only sign one superstar, would you want PG or LBJ? I'd take PG, and I've been a Lebron homer even though I agree with you that LBJ is 5-star and PG 4-star diamonds so to speak.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

If you could corral him into that role, and get him to reduce the inane shots. Floor spacing might be a problem, too.

I love the idea of WB and Lebron in theory. I think they could do serious damage together. Neither one is a system player though. Lebron at least has shown he can play off-ball or in the post in Miami, even if he tends to fall back on iso or high screen/roll.

WB has never shown that ability though. Whether it's coaching or the talent surrounding him or his own preference, he's never been a guy who can integrate in a system and stay engaged off-ball. If he'd be willing to defer playmaking duties to Lonzo and focus on scoring, we'd have a team capable of beating GS imo. Still underdogs, but a legitimate chance.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

It's crazy but even with WB and LBj, I would wonder who our closer is. Personally, wouldnt be comfortable with WB in that role. Would you guys?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
It's crazy but even with WB and LBj, I would wonder who our closer is. Personally, wouldnt be comfortable with WB in that role. Would you guys?

Weird seeing a LeBron homer asking this question...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 116 of 2079
Jump to: