Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

The '94-95 team has a special place in the heart of a lot of Laker fans (myself included). After the worst year in recent memory (missing the playoffs) and seeing a bunch of old and decrepit members of showtime showing their age and A.C. Green bolting to Phoenix it was refreshing to have a competitive, and fun to watch team of young players appear over the course of one year. Nick was definitely the man on that team but Jones, Ceballos, Peeler, Vlade, were all fun to watch. Elden wasn't but he was a solid player.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Great job GT. That was a really fun team to watch and root for. Most of that talent was all home grown via the draft - NVE, Eddie, Peeler, Vlade, Elden. That's where we saw the true brilliance of Jerry West.

Hearing Chick again always brings a smile.

Thanks!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Nice job GT. Starving for content this time of year.

Like I've mentioned in the Lonzo thread, I think the book on Lonzo in his first year will likely be to go under the screens early to see if he can burn you. If he's on, then you switch when you have to. The better shot in that situation will not be his because of his difficulties on iso, but the big who needs to exploit that matchup (Lopez should be great at this, but I think they send help off other guys in that situation...so others will need to step up.) And, yes, I'm pushing Lonzo to his right until I see he's consistently killing me with the floater or pull-up.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

Great vid, once again. Thanks! I liked how you focused on his feet rather than his awkward release when talking about his shoot. One thing that bothers me is how forward he jumps, even if he's not running. Not only it's bad for balance, but he will get some twisted ankles from landing over defender's feet. Another concern is his FT.

What do you think of his ability as slasher/cutter? I believe he's got the quickness and awareness to be a good one, even in the NBA. He needs a secondary passer, though, maybe Julius.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
Wait, you got a girlfriend off LFR?

According to the analytics on my YouTube channel, 2.3% of my viewers are women, and I snagged one of 'em!

That is awesome congrats!! great video breakdowns great insight, clear voice good backgroung music only nitpick is would like a bit more inflection but overall top notch. and if that is not your style cant force it, We all cant be Chick. I find your videos educational and i know hoops.You are worthy of the praise and blessings coming to you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
Wait, you got a girlfriend off LFR?

According to the analytics on my YouTube channel, 2.3% of my viewers are women, and I snagged one of 'em!

That is awesome congrats!! great video breakdowns great insight, clear voice good backgroung music only nitpick is would like a bit more inflection but overall top notch. and if that is not your style cant force it, We all cant be Chick. I find your videos educational and i know hoops.You are worthy of the praise and blessings coming to you.

Haha, that's a fair criticism. For what it's worth, when I call the games live I have a lot more inflection, it's just that by the time I get to the voiceovers on these videos I've seen each clip dozens of times during the editing process, so it's hard to fake a degree of surprise and enthusiasm. But I'll do what I can in that respect without making it sound phony. Thanks for the feedback.

You need a hype man in your corner. Maybe Anpherknee can provide it.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Great vid, once again. Thanks! I liked how you focused on his feet rather than his awkward release when talking about his shoot. One thing that bothers me is how forward he jumps, even if he's not running. Not only it's bad for balance, but he will get some twisted ankles from landing over defender's feet. Another concern is his FT.

What do you think of his ability as slasher/cutter? I believe he's got the quickness and awareness to be a good one, even in the NBA. He needs a secondary passer, though, maybe Julius.

GREAT vid observations.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Really good pod this week.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

I think your points about how the Lakers should spend part of the 2 max on re-signing KCP/Brook on large deals is very interesting. I tend to agree with that as I'm really not eager to re-sign KCP on something like a 4 year/20m deal.

If PG13 agreed to come here solo, would you be ok with something like:

PG13-max
KCP-16m/4 years (take it or leave it bud)
Brook-12m/4 years
Randle-12.5m cap hold (re-sign to whatever is FMV)?

I think that's like my 3rd or 4th choice to do that. Getting a bunch of smaller carat players (i.e. 2 2 carat diamonds instead of 1 5 carat LBJ).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think your points about how the Lakers should spend part of the 2 max on re-signing KCP/Brook on large deals is very interesting. I tend to agree with that as I'm really not eager to re-sign KCP on something like a 4 year/20m deal.

If PG13 agreed to come here solo, would you be ok with something like:

PG13-max
KCP-16m/4 years (take it or leave it bud)
Brook-12m/4 years
Randle-12.5m cap hold (re-sign to whatever is FMV)?

I think that's like my 3rd or 4th choice to do that. Getting a bunch of smaller carat players (i.e. 2 2 carat diamonds instead of 1 5 carat LBJ).

No, I'd save that $28M per to pursue max options in 2019 instead of giving that to KCP & Brook. I think that's a recipe for purgatory.

Yeah. That's why it's a lower option for me (considering what the possible options may be).

Jules in the interim would be signed though? He presents an interesting obstacle (unless he goes QO like Noel) if the Lakers try to punt one "max" slot to 2019.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Really enjoyed the last podcast (as always). In the segment about Brandon Ingram you guys said something that got me thinking. What if he's just OK?

I think everyone has pretty much penciled him in as a keeper for when we bring in those max players. What happens if he doesn't completely look like one after the season? The tidbit about LeBron wanting to play with Westbrook got me thinking, what if Ingram is the trade bait that gets rid of Luol Deng? And if he is, what does that do to our salary cap space?

It's just rough numbers, but if we get rid of everyone except for Lonzo and the guys on small rookie contracts like Kuzma, Nance, Zubac, Hart, etc, I think we can clear close to $90 million in cap room. Is that close enough to three max slots to convince Westbrook, George and LeBron to take slight haircuts so that everyone can fit in on the banana boat? Say 30 million apiece On two year deals? Then we can give them raises once we have some bird rights.

We could still renounce Lopez and give him the room exception. The rest of the roster would be minimum contract bandwagon signings. Wade, for example. I doubt either LeBron or RW want to take less than the max, but if it meant adding a player like PG maybe a few million less is worth it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Interview w/Julius Randle's Trainer, Amoila Cesar

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/interview-wjulius-randles-trainer-feat-amoila-cesar

Phenomenal pod! I learned a lot! Now I actually know the correct pronunciation for Amoila's name lol

Hearing him talk about what they worked on with Julius has me hyped for the season! I didn't realize how limited the strength & conditioning coaches are during the season since it's more about preservation at that point.

I also would love to be a fly on the wall when him and Gunnar finally speak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to hearing this when I got some time.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I got invited to Lakers Media Day, as well as practices and shootarounds, with the idea that I have to prove myself and if I do, game credentials are a possibility. I'm sooooo excited.

Congrats GT, No one more deserving then you
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I got invited to Lakers Media Day, as well as practices and shootarounds, with the idea that I have to prove myself and if I do, game credentials are a possibility. I'm sooooo excited.

That's amazing news.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Living the dream! Congrats!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Wow! Congrats!
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Congrats GT! You've definitely earned it.

Your stuff is top notch.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget us, when you make it on Spectrum!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Well deserved GT, good to see your excellent work got noticed

I wonder if Soriano will roast you on the next pod
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

awesome!!! you deserve it man, very happy for you!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Awesome. Finally some technical questions to players/coaches.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

A girlfriend and this? Your LFR cup runneth over. Congrats GT, you got jealous friend here. Make the most of it!

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Good luck!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Congrats GT! Very happy for you!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 29 of 93
Jump to: