The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1083, 1084, 1085 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Listened to GT's podcast with Forum Blue and Gold and their interview with Randle's personal trainer, and now I'm fired up to see Randle play. September 30th can't get here soon enough
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle workout and motivation video by Amoila Cesar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY_vxa3A-bJ/

noice!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

8 pack Julius is gonna kill it this year.
Magic, you're gonna have some tough decisions next summer.

I might start calling Julius, Pulp Fiction in honor of Jules Winnfield, if he kills it like Jules.
"And I will lay my vengeance upon the!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Let's hope that the physical changes will also reflect in his mental approach to the game, mainly defense and shooting. If he can improve in those 2 areas, he may be absolutely worth keeping next season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Let's hope that the physical changes will also reflect in his mental approach to the game, mainly defense and shooting. If he can improve in those 2 areas, he may be absolutely worth keeping next season.

So if he can be KG-lite, then we consider keeping him?
Haha. This year is gonna be fun.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So if he can be KG-lite, then we consider keeping him?
Haha. This year is gonna be fun.

Not even that. Even if he puts up something like 14/10/3, but shows improvement in overall defense (especially off ball) and shooting (32-33% from 3s, maybe 3.5 attempts a game), I'll be a happy camper.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

I don't really care about the physical fitness. Every pro athlete is supposed to stay in shape in the offseason. It's their job. All I care about is whether he improved as a basketball player or not. He has too many weaknesses. He needs to show dramatic leaps in his skillset this year.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

Randle is a very special player. His physical tools are unique although his fundamentals and basketball IQ are not that great. We'll see how much he improved this summer. Anyway, really like him
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Do you really think physical changes are possible without mental changes? One is hand in hand with the other. You can't change physically until you commit to it mentally.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I don't really care about the physical fitness. Every pro athlete is supposed to stay in shape in the offseason. It's their job. All I care about is whether he improved as a basketball player or not. He has too many weaknesses. He needs to show dramatic leaps in his skillset this year.

That's the spirit, piss on anything positive and embrace the negative.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I've been a fan too long to get excited about a player being in shape. Julius Randle is a basketball player. I don't give a flying (bleep) how many burpees he can do. Can he set a proper screen? Can he consistently hit a jumpshot? Is he going to pretend to make an effort on defense? If he does those things then he can look like Pig Miller for all I care.

edit: I have an interest in personal fitness, so in that regards I don't mind reading about things he's done for my own personal knowledge. But it doesn't change my opinion of Randle.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I've been a fan too long to get excited about a player being in shape. Julius Randle is a basketball player. I don't give a flying (bleep) how many burpees he can do. Can he set a proper screen? Can he consistently hit a jumpshot? Is he going to pretend to make an effort on defense? If he does those things then he can look like Pig Miller for all I care.

edit: I have an interest in personal fitness, so in that regards I don't mind reading about things he's done for my own personal knowledge. But it doesn't change my opinion of Randle.

Staying in shape is different than increasing mobility. Staying in shape is expected, but one person on the court is going to be in the better shape, best conditioned. If that person is 240lb beast of a man, it's significant to a basketball team.

Lebron, Westbrook, Kobe weren't just staying in shape over the offseason, and their success was in large a part because of their conditioning.

It's not like he isn't working on the other things you mentioned as well, and there is obviously a correlation between being n top shape and the all the things you mentioned anyway.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

So many things to be excited about this upcoming season. Please someone put me in a coma until end of October.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Being in great shape and playing a sport go hand in hand. You should care if you want him (or any other player) to perform at their best. And if you think he only got in better shape you missed the boat. He improved physical weaknesses by strengthening his core and increasing flexibility, things that will be seen in his play
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
So many things to be excited about this upcoming season. Please someone put me in a coma until end of October.

You gon miss like 10 days of the season if we do that my friend
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Staying in shape is different than increasing mobility. Staying in shape is expected, but one person on the court is going to be in the better shape, best conditioned. If that person is 240lb beast of a man, it's significant to a basketball team.

Lebron, Westbrook, Kobe weren't just staying in shape over the offseason, and their success was in large a part because of their conditioning.

It's not like he isn't working on the other things you mentioned as well, and there is obviously a correlation between being n top shape and the all the things you mentioned anyway.

Well if staying in shape is expected than Randle hasn't done what has been expected of him his entire nba career. He did start off injured so I'll cut him some slack. He's in shape now but I can walk into my local gym and find people in better shape than him.

But it is exciting to see Randle take the offseason serious and his shooting drills look good. He's young and I think he's becoming more mature.

We have a season to reevaluate his value. I think we could fit him in the two star plan if we strech Deng, trade Clarkson for 0 and cut our two young centers .
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

The good news to his improved physical attributes is that he can probably bang and keep up with guys bigger/taller than him.

Obviously there is a lot more to being a good defender than just being strong or fast but having potentially both of those qualities just help here. Especially improved cardio will help him keep going over the course of the game.

Randle becoming that Small Ball Center in a death lineup where Lopez is out or having a bad game would be a huge help.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Roon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Well if staying in shape is expected than Randle hasn't done what has been expected of him his entire nba career. He did start off injured so I'll cut him some slack. He's in shape now but I can walk into my local gym and find people in better shape than him.

But it is exciting to see Randle take the offseason serious and his shooting drills look good. He's young and I think he's becoming more mature.

We have a season to reevaluate his value. I think we could fit him in the two star plan if we strech Deng, trade Clarkson for 0 and cut our two young centers .

Can you really?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Finding someone in better shape than a 6'9 240 pound with 7% body fat basketball player is actually kinda easy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

Are you freaking serious?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

just when you think you've heard it all
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

8 pack Randle... handle that!!!
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

I think all who are reasonable can agree that Randle will come into this season having made significant improvements to not just his physique but his game as well. For me the question is what is his ceiling? I feel that it's incredibly high and it will be evident with his production this year. I haven't always been confident that he would reach his potential but with as much work as he's been putting in I don't see how he can't.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

As much as I agree with you here, there's some strong irony in your statement. 😁😁😁
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I feel like adding this quote to my sig just for the sheer irony of you as a poster here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1083, 1084, 1085 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1084 of 1536
Jump to: