OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 576, 577, 578 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Looking at the newer pictures of Brandon Ingram like https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/908078192967114757

it's very clear that Ingram is capable of putting on quality mass.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Trudell walked back his comments a little bit regarding Ingram's height, just saying that he & Mychal thought he looked "a little taller".

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/908367750023794695

We won't know his height until it's measured, which I'm assuming will happen during training camp.
Ruddog89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Trudell walked back his comments a little bit regarding Ingram's height, just saying that he & Mychal thought he looked "a little taller".

Ugh! Dammit! That really got my hopes up. I thought because Mike Trudell usually only reports Lakers info that is official that it was true. But I guess it was more of an assumption. Oh well, hopefully he really is growing. And I am almost sure of it that Ingram has measured himself but will keep it to himself.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

someone from the Lakers probably told him to, remember KG claimed he wasnt 7' and Durant still goes at 6'10 though we know he is 7'
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

Ruddog89 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Ugh! Dammit! That really got my hopes up. I thought because Mike Trudell usually only reports Lakers info that is official that it was true. But I guess it was more of an assumption. Oh well, hopefully he really is growing. And I am almost sure of it that Ingram has measured himself but will keep it to himself.

There is still a chance that he's 6"11 or 7ft tall, I think Trudell just wants to make sure that it's official.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

Trudell never said Ingram had been measured, though. His original statement was, "He might be 6'11, if not 7 feet." The clarification probably stems from the somewhat irresponsible way people took what he said and ran with it, as if he was saying he factually knew that Ingram had grown two inches or more, though that was never what he actually said. So what he said in that clarification tweet really has no substantive difference from what he said originally.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

Why does it matter, you don't play ball with the top of your head.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

Also, there had already been talk a few months back around SL that he had grown. He mentioned that some of the trainers had told him that he looked a little taller. So in all probability it's probably true that he's grown.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Why does it matter, you don't play ball with the top of your head.

Yep, 5'11"...6'11"...no difference.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Do they officially measure in the offseason? -- doubtful so for now people are saying he's looking taller.

If he grows to 6'11, that's an even greater advantage.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

We won't know his height until it's measured, which I'm assuming will happen during training camp.

You almost never hear of official heights being updated. Guys basically stay the same "official height" their entire career.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

I'm sure he may have grown slightly, but I figured it was more hype than anything. I'll be happy if he reaches a full 6'10", anything else is gravy.
Bishop*
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Ruddog89 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Because if you go against a guy you think is 6'9" who is actually 7' he will beat you before you know what happened.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Ingram is untouchable if guys like Giannis/AD are on the table. Let's not get too silly about that. These are young proven all NBA/all stars. It would frankly be a testament to how valuable ingram was is he was traded for these amazing players.
Imo, too many times posters assume that what we saw in a player's past season(s) is what coaches and mgmt currently see behind the scenes at practice facilities. Then posters talk as if our information is credible and as up to date as can be expected. If Ingram is the player he's reported to be (despite realistic skepticism, some players do have breakout years), his value goes beyond stats. He's even more valuable if he's highly productive, and being 20 y/o is factored with his affordable contract. There's a lot of great basketball years of ability ahead. My guess is that mgmt isn't projecting him to be the 14-15 ppt scorer that many lg'ers suspect will be this year's ceiling.

A 20 y/o who's on the verge of a breakout year is something I'd prefer over an often/easily injured center with large contract needs. Forgive me if I like Giannis but prefer a guy who I suspect is in the process of perfecting his shot. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Im not going with the crowd on that one. Untouchable to me means untouchable.

So let me get this straight, if Anthony Davis or Giannis were being offered for Ingram straight up you'd refuse it?

Brandon Ingram has officially become a religion.

Well you should know all about religion since you worshiped at the church of DLO.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I'm sure he may have grown slightly, but I figured it was more hype than anything. I'll be happy if he reaches a full 6'10", anything else is gravy.

Everyone probably looks 6'11" to Trudell.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Ingram is untouchable if guys like Giannis/AD are on the table. Let's not get too silly about that. These are young proven all NBA/all stars. It would frankly be a testament to how valuable ingram was is he was traded for these amazing players.
Imo, too many times posters assume that what we saw in a player's past season(s) is what coaches and mgmt currently see behind the scenes at practice facilities. Then posters talk as if our information is credible and as up to date as can be expected. If Ingram is the player he's reported to be (despite realistic skepticism, some players do have breakout years), his value goes beyond stats. He's even more valuable if he's highly productive, and being 20 y/o is factored with his affordable contract. There's a lot of great basketball years of ability ahead. My guess is that mgmt isn't projecting him to be the 14-15 ppt scorer that many lg'ers suspect will be this year's ceiling.

A 20 y/o who's on the verge of a breakout year is something I'd prefer over an often/easily injured center with large contract needs. Forgive me if I like Giannis but prefer a guy who I suspect is in the process of perfecting his shot. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Im not going with the crowd on that one. Untouchable to me means untouchable.

So let me get this straight, if Anthony Davis or Giannis were being offered for Ingram straight up you'd refuse it?

Well you should know all about religion since you worshiped at the church of DLO.

Hoo boy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

8, if that's true, that's heresy!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

I liked Russell and still do. I think he will be an All Star. And at any point in his Laker tenure I would have stuffed him into a FedEx envelope and shipped him out for Giannis or Davis without hesitation.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Who had a superior first season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Ocho, I was just kidding, but thanks for the response.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
epak wrote:

I liked Russell and still do. I think he will be an All Star. And at any point in his Laker tenure I would have stuffed him into a FedEx envelope and shipped him out for Giannis or Davis without hesitation.

Ditto.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lmao

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
epak wrote:

How do you feel about the Russell trade if we end up getting 2 max FAs
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
epak wrote:

I'd feel really great about it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ocho wrote:
epak wrote:

I'd feel really great about it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 576, 577, 578 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 577 of 1885
Jump to: