2017 Fantasy Football Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

I want to offer someone in our league marshawn Lynch and Philip Rivers for Aaron Rodgers.. whats your guys' take on that?

haha im also contemplating kareem hunt, lynch & rivers for Rodgers & Zeke..what about that one? giving up too much?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
I want to offer someone in our league marshawn Lynch and Philip Rivers for Aaron Rodgers.. whats your guys' take on that?

haha im also contemplating kareem hunt, lynch & rivers for Rodgers & Zeke..what about that one? giving up too much?

You might've already posted it, but what does the rest of your team look like? Standard or PPR?

In a vacuum, both offers seem to be around equal value, but it really comes down to team needs. I also kind of like the idea of trading Hunt now... I think he's going to have a really good year, but after last week a lot of people are regarding him as a top 5 RB, and I think he'll finish closer to RB10. If you can get a guy like Zeke for him (you were offering Rodgers for Lynch/Rivers, adding in Zeke and Hunt is essentially a straight up trade) go for it.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

You might've already posted it, but what does the rest of your team look like? Standard or PPR?

In a vacuum, both offers seem to be around equal value, but it really comes down to team needs. I also kind of like the idea of trading Hunt now... I think he's going to have a really good year, but after last week a lot of people are regarding him as a top 5 RB, and I think he'll finish closer to RB10. If you can get a guy like Zeke for him (you were offering Rodgers for Lynch/Rivers, adding in Zeke and Hunt is essentially a straight up trade) go for it.
Its a half PPR and I got

Rivers
Lynch/Hunt/Terrance West/Jacquizz/Tarik Cohen/David Johnson
Michael Thomas/Keenan Allen/Corey Davis/Cooper Kupp/Rishard Matthews
Delanie Walker

my only worry is if Zeke gets suspended..

the guy im trading, his only decent RB is Zeke but with one offer I would get him two starting RBs.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Crabtree or Watkins in the flex?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Its a half PPR and I got

Rivers
Delanie Walker

the guy im trading, his only decent RB is Zeke but with one offer I would get him two starting RBs.

I'd offer Lynch/Hunt/Rivers for Zeke/Rodgers. If he doesn't take that, just stand pat. I'm not sure the upgrade at QB is really worth downgrading your RB2 from Lynch to West.

I also wouldn't worry about the Zeke suspension too much. I have him in 2 leagues and have been following it pretty closely. Basically, the NFL is requesting a stay until the appeal of the prelim injunction is over. But, to win a stay, they have to show that they'll suffer irreparable harm by letting him play, which doesn't make sense because they can suspend him at any time in the future without suffering any harm in the meantime (see Deflategate and Bounty gate), while it's already been shown that Zeke does suffer irreparable harm if he misses games. Tl;dr, NFL almost assuredly doesn't win the stay, case gets kicked down to April, Zeke probably ends up suspended week 1-6 of next season.

Edit: re Zeke, I should also say his fate for the season will most likely be decided for certain next week. So you can wait, but then you also chance Hunt and/or Lynch not having good games and losing some value.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Its a half PPR and I got

Rivers
Delanie Walker

I'd offer Lynch/Hunt/Rivers for Zeke/Rodgers. If he doesn't take that, just stand pat. I'm not sure the upgrade at QB is really worth downgrading your RB2 from Lynch to West.

I also wouldn't worry about the Zeke suspension too much. I have him in 2 leagues and have been following it pretty closely. Basically, the NFL is requesting a stay until the appeal of the prelim injunction is over. But, to win a stay, they have to show that they'll suffer irreparable harm by letting him play, which doesn't make sense because they can suspend him at any time in the future without suffering any harm in the meantime (see Deflategate and Bounty gate), while it's already been shown that Zeke does suffer irreparable harm if he misses games. Tl;dr, NFL almost assuredly doesn't win the stay, case gets kicked down to April, Zeke probably ends up suspended week 1-6 of next season.

Edit: re Zeke, I should also say his fate for the season will most likely be decided for certain next week. So you can wait, but then you also chance Hunt and/or Lynch not having good games and losing some value.
Looks like he doesn't want to part with his players..cant blame him.

I'll wait for another week to pass. I should hopefully win this week and Lynch should boost his value i think and hoping Hunt has a solid game too. I want to trade for Derrick Henry. He'd be perfect stash for if Demarco gets hurt
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
Crabtree or Watkins in the flex?
Crabtree for sure. Speaking of Watkins, check your waivers for Cooper Kupp..pick him up!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Whoever gets Rodgers wins by a mile.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Fournette, Ajayi, Gillislee, Hunt. Which two to start?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

I would probably go Hunt and Ajayi.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
rwongega wrote:

I would probably go Hunt and Ajayi.

Agreed.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Posted in the NFL thread by mistake. Bad idea to dump Perkins for Marlon Mack?

Maybe too early to give up on Perkins, and Mack is on a bad team too. But I believe in the Mack.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Maybe too early to give up on Perkins, and Mack is on a bad team too. But I believe in the Mack.

I own Mack in the LG league (12 team PPR) so I might be a bit biased, but yes I think you should.

Let's face it, your RB1 and 2 are going to be Hunt and Gordon all season long, with Powell filling in on byes and the occasional flex play (depending on your WR's). I also really like Carson, and think he's got the potential to evolve in to the#1 guy in Seattle (with Rawls still playing a role while healthy). So basically, as of now I'd have Perkins as your RB5, with little chance to see your lineup all season. Add to that that it's a classic RBC in NY, only all their RB's are awful and so is their line. So to me, Perkins is droppable. And even if he does get better and have some solid games, theirs a 0% chance you'd be missing out on 2015 Devonta Freeman or something like that -- Perkins is an average back on his BEST day.

As far as Mack goes, I like to stash high ceiling low floor guys on my bench, and I think Mack is exactly that. Sure, the Colts are awful, but that could be a good thing... If it's week 6 and they're 0-6 and Luck's still not back, I don't see them continuing to trot out 95 year old Frank Gore for the rest of the year. They really like Mack, and if they're in a spot where it's clear they're out of it, he'll be seeing the bulk of the workload. Having watched some of Mack in college and preseason, I think he's the real deal and could produce like a mid-high their RB2 if given 15-18 touches a game.

Just my .02
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Do you start Fitzgerald vs Colts or Crabtree vs Jets?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Fitz. With Johnson out I think the Cardinals throw a ton.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

And John Brown is out too. I agree, though I like Crabcakes in that matchup too.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

And John Brown is out too. I agree, though I like Crabcakes in that matchup too.
me too, but Fitzgerald got a better situation I feel like so I'm leaning that way too. thanks guys. good luck this week!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

My only reasonably tough decisions this week come down to Jacquizz or Gillislee at a RB spot, and Golden Tate or Thielen at a WR spot. I'm leaning 'Quizz and Tate.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I own Mack in the LG league (12 team PPR) so I might be a bit biased, but yes I think you should.

Let's face it, your RB1 and 2 are going to be Hunt and Gordon all season long, with Powell filling in on byes and the occasional flex play (depending on your WR's). I also really like Carson, and think he's got the potential to evolve in to the#1 guy in Seattle (with Rawls still playing a role while healthy). So basically, as of now I'd have Perkins as your RB5, with little chance to see your lineup all season. Add to that that it's a classic RBC in NY, only all their RB's are awful and so is their line. So to me, Perkins is droppable. And even if he does get better and have some solid games, theirs a 0% chance you'd be missing out on 2015 Devonta Freeman or something like that -- Perkins is an average back on his BEST day.

As far as Mack goes, I like to stash high ceiling low floor guys on my bench, and I think Mack is exactly that. Sure, the Colts are awful, but that could be a good thing... If it's week 6 and they're 0-6 and Luck's still not back, I don't see them continuing to trot out 95 year old Frank Gore for the rest of the year. They really like Mack, and if they're in a spot where it's clear they're out of it, he'll be seeing the bulk of the workload. Having watched some of Mack in college and preseason, I think he's the real deal and could produce like a mid-high their RB2 if given 15-18 touches a game.

Just my .02

Aweaome feedback, thanks! You're right, I never want to have to play Perkins and he has shown a very low fantasy floor. If it helps, I have WR depth for that flex spot too.

My WRs are: Michael Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Pierre Garcon.

I'm actually thinking of holding on to Perkins and dropping Wentz, my backup QB. I have Big Ben, but, he scares me so I'm rostering a second QB.

Thoughts on dropping wentz instead of perkins?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Just my .02

Aweaome feedback, thanks! You're right, I never want to have to play Perkins and he has shown a very low fantasy floor. If it helps, I have WR depth for that flex spot too.

I'm actually thinking of holding on to Perkins and dropping Wentz, my backup QB. I have Big Ben, but, he scares me so I'm rostering a second QB.

What type of QB's might be on the waiver wire? I do think Wentz has some upside and Ben does get injured quite a bit, not to mention usually not too good on the road. If the waiver wire QB's are a significant step down from Wentz, I would not drop him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Fitz. He's gonna get peppered with targets and he never drops passes.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Just my .02

What type of QB's might be on the waiver wire? I do think Wentz has some upside and Ben does get injured quite a bit, not to mention usually not too good on the road. If the waiver wire QB's are a significant step down from Wentz, I would not drop him.

Tyrod, Bradford, the rookies like Kizer, that's about it.

Would you drop Perkins for Mack too like AY2043 would? I'm seriously thinking about it. 12 team standard. Qb Rb rb wr wr te flex

My RBs are: Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Bilal Powell, Perkins, Chris Carson. My WRs are listed above.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Just my .02

Would you drop Perkins for Mack too like AY2043 would? I'm seriously thinking about it. 12 team standard. Qb Rb rb wr wr te flex

My RBs are: Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Bilal Powell, Perkins, Chris Carson. My WRs are listed above.

I'd probably keep Wentz and drop Perkins for Mack, yes. Perkins just has so little upside. Mack at least might get to play alongside Luck later in the season and I think he has more juice than Perkins.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Just my .02

I like Wentz. I think he's a dark horse to be a top 10-15 QB this year, and is at worst a perfectly fine fill in. So I'd keep him for now.

However, if in the next couple weeks someone comes up on the waiver wire that you really like, and Wentz hasn't totally balled out or something, I wouldn't feel too hard pressed to drop him at that point. Sounds like there are some pretty decent fallback guys that are un-owned in the event that Ben goes down (I especially like Tyrod).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject:

^^
I know that Tyrod has been a pretty solid fantasy QB over the past 2 seasons, but I don't like his situation this season. We know that he helps you out with rush points, but he's put up most of his passing value from throwing it deep, and Sammy Watkins was a great match with him in that regard. Now he has Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones as his top wideouts, and both are best suited as slot receivers, not to mention that Matthews just got there and Jones is a rookie. I'll say this: if Tyrod can make the Bills competitive this season and put up decent stats, I'll be genuinely impressed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22
Jump to: