OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 432, 433, 434 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
isnt Nash on the Warriors payroll? I wish the Lakers could hire him full time as a special assistant primarily to mentor Ball.

He chose GS over the Lakers

He was hired and accepted GS's offer before anybody else reached out to him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
isnt Nash on the Warriors payroll? I wish the Lakers could hire him full time as a special assistant primarily to mentor Ball.

Hmm. Which one of you are bring the facts. Going to google to fact check...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

And the winner is...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2572120-steve-nash-hired-by-warriors-as-part-time-player-development-consultant

Quote:
The Warriors weren't the only team interested in Nash. Both the Lakers and Suns tried to hire the former guard in a similar position to what the Warriors ultimately gave him, according to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports. However, Nash later clarified the offers came after he had already agreed with the Warriors.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Here I'll do it for you. https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveNash/status/647834454421929984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-9485018431661878356.ampproject.net%2F1505341213754%2Fframe.html

VLF has been the living "fake news" machine for quite sometime, if not the majority of his time here. He's been going off the rails more so since Magic took over so just take anything he says with a huge grain of salt.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

Straight from the horse's mouth.
Good thing we didnt have Nash back then, he might have helped our guards out enough so that we might have missed out on the last 2 #2 picks.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Good thing we didnt have Nash back then, he might have helped our guards out enough so that we might have missed out on the last 2 #2 picks.

He probably would have helped DLO the most.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Lonzo ranked the highest rookie on ESPN rankings and higher than Carmelo

so what if Lavar said "he's better than carmelo right now" when he was still at UCLA. everyone would've called him crazy. then to see this come out without him stepping foot first on a nba court. hilarious.

But this list is also cold. how you gone do melo like that?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Ruddog89 wrote:
epak wrote:
Also, GT has a great twitter post about Lonzo Ball and Nash. A good short snippet read.

Can you quote it? Lol

https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/908013329066553344
Thanks for posting.

but look at this tweet responding to the above.
people dont use their heads at all

Quote:
mohamed bekri‏ @bekri_y Sep 13
More
Replying to @LakerFilmRoom @opinionsondanba
I am all for Nash teaching him about basketball. But shouldn't lonzo learn how to take care of ur body from someone who hasn't been injured

obviously this person doesnt realize a guy with nash's back issues to stay in the nba as long as he did and to be a MVP candidate let alone a real one. at the PG position and him not being known for being super fast or athletic. That says a lot about how well trained nash had to be in order to : 1. get out on the court.

2.do well on the court
3.become a MVP level player.

bad bag not so athletic not so tall guy becomes the mvp? where dey do dat at?

welp you better go find out where they do that at. So you can do it too. Lonzo is born with better tools than nash. So anything he learns from nash could make him a better version of nash just because lonzo is taller, longer, faster, more athletic.

The thing I wanted him to teach zo is his hesitation and how to have that irky jerky game. where you speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down.. where the defender can't guard you well because he doesnt know when to speed up to catch you or when to move slowly so you wont catch him slipping and pull up for the jumper. like some have said, like most kids. zo has one maybe 1.5 speeds. but not 2 or 3 speeds yet. he needs those 3 speeds to become a monster unstoppable force in the nba.

imagine what would nash have done to the league if he was 6'5+, more athletic with no back problems? YIKES.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Zo and Steve-o keep in touch. If Nash could work miracles with JC he should do wonders with Zo. D'lo could've seriously benefited from his tutelage. I remember there was talk when he first got to GSW about how he wouldn't really be able to help Steph since he was already so good, then he went on to have arguably the greatest season in history.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:

He probably would have helped DLO the most.

Yea. Good thing Nash wasn't hired.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Hopefully Zo and Steve-o keep in touch. If Nash could work miracles with JC he should do wonders with Zo. D'lo could've seriously benefited from his tutelage. I remember there was talk when he first got to GSW about how he wouldn't really be able to help Steph since he was already so good, then he went on to have arguably the greatest season in history.

That was 1 problem with Russell, he had to much ego to get advice from vets in the NBA, actually that was a big problem, id imagine he would have had better stats in his 2nd year if he took the time to work out with Nash or Kobe, dude thought he was all that and he wasn't good yet, hopefully he has a good career in Brooklyn.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
manlisten wrote:

That was 1 problem with Russell, he had to much ego to get advice from vets in the NBA, actually that was a big problem, id imagine he would have had better stats in his 2nd year if he took the time to work out with Nash or Kobe, dude thought he was all that and he wasn't good yet, hopefully he has a good career in Brooklyn.

Is this true?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Is this true?

It is, cause a few people have mentioned the same thing, Russell was seen as having a lazy attitude, we can all be upset that we traded a player with big potential but the reality is that Russell wasn't 100% dedicated as we all thought
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Is this true?

Did DLo work out with anybody? I don't remember
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Is this true?

Look at the source.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
INGRAM: You love everything on the court about him. The way he passes the basketball. His demeanor. The way he works. But I think the thing about him is his attitude and his character. The way he passes the basketball like no one else … but he’s different. He’s always joking. Just a great guy, someone you want to play with. You can go around with a guy of his caliber, the way he plays, he could be cocky … but I don’t see anything cocky. He’s humble. He comes in here early and works every day. He’s just him, he doesn’t want to be anybody else.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170915-ingram-keefe-interview?cid=tw

Ingram talking about Lonzo Ball
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:
INGRAM: You love everything on the court about him. The way he passes the basketball. His demeanor. The way he works. But I think the thing about him is his attitude and his character. The way he passes the basketball like no one else … but he’s different. He’s always joking. Just a great guy, someone you want to play with. You can go around with a guy of his caliber, the way he plays, he could be cocky … but I don’t see anything cocky. He’s humble. He comes in here early and works every day. He’s just him, he doesn’t want to be anybody else.

Must... resist... reading more into it than it... really is.
I love the quote.... but still must resist...

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

Don't worry, you don't have to do it. I predict there will be media posts reaching real hard about the hidden meaning in this one within the next 24 hours.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

Don't worry, you don't have to do it. I predict there will be media posts reaching real hard about the hidden meaning in this one within the next 24 hours.

BTW, did you read the entire interview?
It's pretty long. I wish there was a video instead.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

this is turning into a KD situation where every time he complimented his new teammates in GS is interpreted as a slight against Westbrook.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
this is turning into a KD situation where every time he complimented his new teammates in GS is interpreted as a slight against Westbrook.

Except this time, it's not just one person (KD) saying it. LOL.
We've heard things from players, coaches, President of Operations say things that may or may not be more that it really is.

I always go back to what Ireland said about what the coaches he trust have said about a certain point guard. It just makes other comments like BI's make you go: "oh really." It may be nothing, but it's fun to play detective.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

We've heard things from players, coaches, President of Operations say things that may or may not be more that it really is.

always go back to what Ireland said about what the coaches he trust have said about a certain point guard. It just makes other comments like BI's make you go: "oh really." It may be nothing, but it's fun to play detective.

Elaborate on this for those of us who don't live in LA or have access to those radio shows and such lol. What exactly did Ireland say?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Pretty much. But that just means that they think our players are super super petty. Or perhaps they are
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I always go back to what Ireland said about what the coaches he trust have said about a certain point guard. It just makes other comments like BI's make you go: "oh really." It may be nothing, but it's fun to play detective.

Elaborate on this for those of us who don't live in LA or have access to those radio shows and such lol. What exactly did Ireland say?

Dangit. I thought I had it written down somewhere.
I couldn't find the podcast either.

The only quote I could find on LG was:

epak wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
From another forum.
Luke Walton on ESPN710: not a single coach from either the Byron era or the Luke era would really say "D'Angelo is going to be a great player." Almost all of them would say "boy I hope he figures it out".

Both he and Ramona said he has all the talent and both agreed he simply wasn't dedicated every single day to improving on the court.
Both said they're pulling for him to succeed and turn it around in Brooklyn.
Ramona also said the phone thing was still an issue a bit. John disagreed.

OMG. I'm listening to ESPN 710 right now.
Luke Walton did NOT say that.
John Ireland said that.

Wow.
C'mon people!!!

But I could have sworn there was another instance where John shared that he had talked to some coaches he trusts, and they said DLO was not coachable. But alas, I cannot find the link. If anyone else can back me up, please do. If not, I will never bring that up again.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't read anything into it. Lonzo just has a way with people that other people don't have, especially at the point guard position. If it's a slight towards a particular point guard then it's s slight towards most point guards because they're not built like Lonzo.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 432, 433, 434 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 433 of 1688
Jump to: