General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 441, 442, 443 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
hell no, there was no way that was a draw....GGG won 9 of the 12 rounds....

I didn't think it was THAT lopsided but I also thought GGG won it. It was close and I can see where the judges might have seen it as a draw.

There was no way in hell it was as lopsided for Canelo as Adelaide Byrd saw it. I wasn't expecting him to Mayweather it as much as he did tonight.

GGG gave him too much respect early on but he took some good shots from Canelo that probably would have stopped other fighters. I look for him to be much more aggressive and go to the body more in the next one.

I'd give the edge to GGG because of how effective his jab was. But I think a draw is fine considering Canelo's power shots.
I actually might bet on Canelo in the rematch. I think he was starting to figure out GGG in the later rounds.
GGG's ability to eat punches is amazing.

That's why I'd bet on GGG to win the second fight. The first three rounds he respected Canelo's power and was probably right to do so but by the middle of the fight I thought Canelo's hand speed went way down and he got flat-footed after the first minute of the rounds while GGG kept coming. I think if GGG mixed up his attacks while he had Canelo on the ropes instead of headhunting every round he could have created the openings for his power shots.

I watched with my homie. He was all Canelo in the beginning. After round four he was quiet as a church mouse. Canelo lost heart when he gave GGG his best and saw it didn't phase him. Gennady straight walked him down.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I didn't think it was THAT lopsided but I also thought GGG won it. It was close and I can see where the judges might have seen it as a draw.

There was no way in hell it was as lopsided for Canelo as Adelaide Byrd saw it. I wasn't expecting him to Mayweather it as much as he did tonight.

GGG gave him too much respect early on but he took some good shots from Canelo that probably would have stopped other fighters. I look for him to be much more aggressive and go to the body more in the next one.

I'd give the edge to GGG because of how effective his jab was. But I think a draw is fine considering Canelo's power shots.
I actually might bet on Canelo in the rematch. I think he was starting to figure out GGG in the later rounds.

That's why I'd bet on GGG to win the second fight. The first three rounds he respected Canelo's power and was probably right to do so but by the middle of the fight I thought Canelo's hand speed went way down and he got flat-footed after the first minute of the rounds while GGG kept coming. I think if GGG mixed up his attacks while he had Canelo on the ropes instead of headhunting every round he could have created the openings for his power shots.

Most def. The way GGG was walking through shots tonight. GGG should've gone to the body. Who cares if it opens him up to counters over the top. Doesn't look like he's feeling it either way.
I saw Canelo's confidence go up in the later rounds though. He started showing some variety. But his biggest issue was conditioning. The way he laid on the ropes in the middle rounds. Seemed like he needed a rest after moving a ton early in the fight.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Nissan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

GGG won the first 9 rounds?

no, he won 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 11.

exactly how CBS scored it also..

CBS Scorecard

still laughing?

Still laughing because GGG didn't win any of the championship rounds. Keep telling yourself he won 9 rounds.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Nissan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

CBS Scorecard

still laughing?

Still laughing because GGG didn't win any of the championship rounds. Keep telling yourself he won 9 rounds.

I will, and you keep throwing on the passive aggressive emojis to end your posts like a little kid.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I watched with my homie. He was all Canelo in the beginning. After round four he was quiet as a church mouse. Canelo lost heart when he gave GGG his best and saw it didn't phase him. Gennady straight walked him down.

You watched with Adam?? Teddy Atlas is fired up.

Pacquiao wrote:
Manny Pacquiao ✔ @mannypacquiao
Did they bring these judges over from Australia? 😂 #CaneloGGG
9:06 PM - Sep 16, 2017

Last edited by Gatekeeper on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Hahaha. Holy crap I was afraid Teddy was going to keel over and have a heart attack. Love it!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I thought Teddy was gonna have a heart attack
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

188 - 110 LOL LOL

Mi Gente Canelo, Salmon, still a fan! But yooo, FOH with that bullshiet. GGG won that fight no matter how close
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I just watched it now, for my money I had GGG winning 115-113.

Do not understand how a judge could get 118-110 Alvarez, something funny is going on there.

At least it sets up a rematch...

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject:

You know, I don't even think she was paid off. If you were paid off, you would probably "try" to be subtle...This just seems like gross incompetence.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject:

for the past 20 years I've never seen a decent score ever by Adalade Byrd. EVER.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
You know, I don't even think she was paid off. If you were paid off, you would probably "try" to be subtle...This just seems like gross incompetence.

I agree. I don't have a problem if Byrd thought Canelo won the fight but no one, other than Canelo's camp, thought it was THAT lopsided. Even ODLH scored it closer and that's his fighter.

Canelo landed some great shots on GGG even if he was on his bicycle for most of the fight. I had it 8-4 for GGG, but I wasn't surprised at least one of the judges would score it in Canelo's favor. Mayweather wouldn't have 50 wins if judging always favored the more aggressive and active fighter.

Unfortunately, Byrd will continue getting championship fights because of nepotism but, thankfully, I doubt she'll get to judge the second fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
for the past 20 years I've never seen a decent score ever by Adalade Byrd. EVER.

Judge Adalaide Byrd stood down from major fights after her scoring in GGG draw with Canelo sparks fury

LINK

Quote:
The judge who sparked controversy with her scoring in Gennady Golovkin’s thrilling draw with Canelo Alvarez on Saturday night is being temporarily stood down from major fights.

LOW MARKS GGG-Canelo: Who is Adalaide Byrd? Judge who bizarrely scored Alvarez 118-110 winner over Golovkin in big fight controversy

LINK

Quote:
American official Byrd is facing calls for her to be suspended after her bizarre judging of the middlweight world title clash in Las Vegas last night.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

I had it 8-4 GGG, canelo looked tired after the 3rd. I wanted canelo to win but I had almost no hope after the 3rd, even his best shots did nothing to GGG. I feel bad for the sport of boxing, insulted even. No way should it have been a draw and the way canelo was acting in the post-fight (saying that he won) kind of made me lose respect for him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
I had it 8-4 GGG, canelo looked tired after the 3rd. I wanted canelo to win but I had almost no hope after the 3rd, even his best shots did nothing to GGG. I feel bad for the sport of boxing, insulted even. No way should it have been a draw and the way canelo was acting in the post-fight (saying that he won) kind of made me lose respect for him.

Yep. That's when my buddy went silent. GGG felt he could take Canelo's best, he started to walk him down. I think Alvarez felt the same. He didn't really get back to being Canelo until around the 10th round.

ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ben Vereen wrote:

Judge Adalaide Byrd stood down from major fights after her scoring in GGG draw with Canelo sparks fury

LINK

Quote:
The judge who sparked controversy with her scoring in Gennady Golovkin’s thrilling draw with Canelo Alvarez on Saturday night is being temporarily stood down from major fights.

LOW MARKS GGG-Canelo: Who is Adalaide Byrd? Judge who bizarrely scored Alvarez 118-110 winner over Golovkin in big fight controversy

LINK

Quote:
American official Byrd is facing calls for her to be suspended after her bizarre judging of the middlweight world title clash in Las Vegas last night.

She was selected for the Lomachenko fight and Lomas team went (bleep) and protested immediately. The corrupt NSAC didn't budge. Glad something is now finally being done. She's robbed so many fighters over the years it's absolutely preposterous that it's taken this long.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Why did they suspend her? Dirty Bob Bennett said she just had a bad day at the office. NSAC is corrupt to the core. Seriously what is needed is to get a fire breathing federal prosecutor with RICO experience to put a few of these clowns in front of a grand jury under oath.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Hahaha. Holy crap I was afraid Teddy was going to keel over and have a heart attack. Love it!

you know it's serious when Stephen A has to tell you to calm down lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

I had the score 6-3 GGG going into the 10th.

Felt canelo won 10th, 11th, and 12th.. So naturally i had a tie. The 118-110 was god awful though.

Any of you arguing over one or two rounds should really just call it a day, that's how boxing is. Different people put different value on certain things -- i've never seen canelo get dominated as hard as he did from the 5th-8th round, and i had not seen GGG look so passive and bad in the first 3-4 rounds, i felt extremely comfortable with the 114-114.. but was definitely not against a 115-113 for GGG.

Funny thing is how casual some people are, then one major fight with a controversial score comes around and all of a sudden everyone is a professional judge.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Why did they suspend her? Dirty Bob Bennett said she just had a bad day at the office. NSAC is corrupt to the core. Seriously what is needed is to get a fire breathing federal prosecutor with RICO experience to put a few of these clowns in front of a grand jury under oath.

She needs new glasses

In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
I had the score 6-3 GGG going into the 10th.

Felt canelo won 10th, 11th, and 12th.. So naturally i had a tie. The 118-110 was god awful though.

Any of you arguing over one or two rounds should really just call it a day, that's how boxing is. Different people put different value on certain things -- i've never seen canelo get dominated as hard as he did from the 5th-8th round, and i had not seen GGG look so passive and bad in the first 3-4 rounds, i felt extremely comfortable with the 114-114.. but was definitely not against a 115-113 for GGG.

Funny thing is how casual some people are, then one major fight with a controversial score comes around and all of a sudden everyone is a professional judge.

That's how I had the fight. Didn't have Canelo winning in any scenario and even a 116 to 112 for GGG would be good with me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Prosecute them for what? Taking advantage of a public willing to be taken advantage of? No one forces people to spend their money on these farces, they do it willingly. And will again spend on GGG-Canelo part II.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Prosecute them for what? Taking advantage of a public willing to be taken advantage of? No one forces people to spend their money on these farces, they do it willingly. And will again spend on GGG-Canelo part II.

You thought Canelo vs GGG was a farce?

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Nissan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Nissan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

CBS Scorecard

still laughing?

I will, and you keep throwing on the passive aggressive emojis to end your posts like a little kid.

It's just support of GBP fighters, in particular Canelo/Floyd (e.g. Cash cow fighters linked to GBP). Look at the history. Nissan only comes in here for ulterior motive, due to GBP connection.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I had GGG winning 7-5, maybe 8-4. Definitely a close fight and I was okay with the draw. Adelade Byrd...yeah, just don't know how she can have such a track record and still get important fights (maybe because her husband is so well respected as a ref?). I saw an article on Nonito Donaire mentioning her giving the same score to Jesse Magdaleno, when Nonito lost that fight. That was another close fight, which Magdaleno was seen as the winner, but Byrd gave him the same wide margin of victory as she did Canelo this past weekend.

Overall, the fight was definitely entertaining and worth watching. That was a PPV worth buying, just for the main event.

Now, on to other fights that were announced!

Wilder vs. King Kong Ortiz in November! I don't know who is going to win this one, but the winner vs. Anthony Joshua will be amazing!

Lomachenko vs. Rigondeaux in December (at 130)! Rigondeaux already gave an interview saying that he doesn't want to hear any b.s. talk about the weight because he called for the fight and wanted it and is perfectly fine with it being at 130! Man, this is gonna be hard to pick.

I seriously feel like I'm dreaming seeing top guys going against top guys. I just hope that the judges and promoters don't continue to ruin the sport.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 441, 442, 443 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 442 of 514
Jump to: