Shams: Lakers Agree to 1 Yr Deal With Andrew Bogut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

The dynamics change significantly if Bogut is 100% healthy, it makes you think why it took so long for teams to have interest in FA, if this guy was healthy during the 2016 finals, the Warriors likely 2-peat, hopefully Pelinka had this in the wraps for a while or else a guy of Boguts skill and D shouldn't be signed this late.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Serena Winters: Rob Pelinka said analytics showed Lakers had one of the lowest % in stopping other teams at the rim, and Andrew Bogut can come in & be a ‘paint protector.’ 12 hours ago – via Twitter SerenaWinters
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject:

The problem with Bogut is its hard for him to stay healthy. You'd hope coming off the bench would diminish some of those chances but after what happened in Cleveland it will always be a question at this point.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The problem with Bogut is its hard for him to stay healthy. You'd hope coming off the bench would diminish some of those chances but after what happened in Cleveland it will always be a question at this point.
Yep, his health is the question mark; that's why his contract is only partially guaranteed. If it works out however we will benefit immensely.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject:

We got the most injury prone starting-backup Centers in the League.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

What happened in Cleveland was just unfortunate. He does have durability issues, but it was an impact injury on his 1st minute in action. Fracturing his tibia the way he did has nothing to do with prior injuries, can happen to the healthiest and most durable players out there.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

Embiid and Okafor disagree.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Embiid and Okafor disagree.

Noah - Porzingis
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Do understand why Bogut was gotten.

Zubac has time to develop. Bigs usually take longer anyway, he's only 20 and he has time. Playing against Lopez and Bogut and having them both mentor him and having them to go up against in practice is good for both Zubac AND Thomas Bryant.

Zubac had a LOT of other personal things going on during summer league that disengaged him, things bigger than basketball.

But the people that gave up on him cause of a poor summer league probably after spending a summer bigging him up. Please do us all a favor, and don't jump back on if and when he starts to play well again.

Agreed. Those that got off the Zubby bandwagon are not wanted and shall not return.

Don't forget Zu was recovering from a season ending high ankle sprain. That to me could explain whey he looked out of shape in the early SPL games.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Pacific Notes: Bogut, Walton, Ball, Ingram

Quote:
The one-year, $2.3MM contract Andrew Bogut signed with the Lakers is only guaranteed for $50K, tweets Bobby Marks of ESPN. Bogut and his agent spent the summer trying to convince teams there would be no lingering effects from the broken left tibia he suffered in March while with the Cavaliers. Other organizations expressed interest, but Bogut opted for the Lakers, even though the guarantee is extremely low for a veteran of his caliber.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/pacific-notes-bogut-walton-ball-ingram.html

If he really is healthy It wouldnt suprise me to see him get 20m a game. Between his needed defense, Lopez's own health issues and Luke he has a good chance to make an impact.

The more I learn about this guy the more I like the signing, assuming his game hasnt aged 10 years from his last injury.

So if he gets 20 mpg then Lopez is getting 12? Doesn't make sense.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:
The one-year, $2.3MM contract Andrew Bogut signed with the Lakers is only guaranteed for $50K, tweets Bobby Marks of ESPN. Bogut and his agent spent the summer trying to convince teams there would be no lingering effects from the broken left tibia he suffered in March while with the Cavaliers. Other organizations expressed interest, but Bogut opted for the Lakers, even though the guarantee is extremely low for a veteran of his caliber.

If he really is healthy It wouldnt suprise me to see him get 20m a game. Between his needed defense, Lopez's own health issues and Luke he has a good chance to make an impact.

The more I learn about this guy the more I like the signing, assuming his game hasnt aged 10 years from his last injury.

When did the mpg and rotations get locked in? I would think they need to at least have camp and pre-season before announcing it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

I don't know, ask the OP. Lopez and Bogut getting a combined 34-36 mpg should be the max. Only so many minutes for slow lumbering big guys.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

R

The more I learn about this guy the more I like the signing, assuming his game hasnt aged mgafqtdte10 years from his last injury.

It was like meh to me when I first read about the signing. His body is already breaking down, it's like waste of time and money. I like his passing and his defense but that was ages ago and he ain't durable enough to suggest me that he still can get there. Plus we have young big guys we need to play and give time and we ain't exactly a playoff team.

However the risk is minimal and we can find that out in preseason games. If it works out, we can get some picks for him in trade deadline especially those playofff chasers. If we became one then he can definitely help us to get there.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

If AB got 20m Lopez would get 28. But even 28m a game seems like a lot for BL so maybe 20m game for him too.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Serena Winters: Rob Pelinka said analytics showed Lakers had one of the lowest % in stopping other teams at the rim, and Andrew Bogut can come in & be a ‘paint protector.’ 12 hours ago – via Twitter SerenaWinters

Perimeter defense was much more at fault for that than the centers. If healthy Bogut might help but someone on the perimeter is going to have to start at least slowing down the drives.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

If AB got 20m Lopez would get 28. But even 28m a game seems like a lot for BL so maybe 20m game for him too.

I think one could make a pretty good case that the primary benefit of Bogut being here is to bring Lopez up to speed on the nuances of the GSW system that Luke is trying to establish. How passing from the 5 works, defensive positioning, sets, all those things it'll be critical to have established in our core players for next season. Yes, I believe Lopez was acquired to provide an outside shooting starting center for the contender we hope to build next summer, so its important that the system isn't swamped by all the new talent coming in.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Perimeter defense was much more at fault for that than the centers. If healthy Bogut might help but someone on the perimeter is going to have to start at least slowing down the drives.

It was both perimeter and interior D that were terrible last season. Hard to know which was worse because they are interdependent.

Also, the tanking came in to play here. We did not play our best defender in the paint - Mozgov - for long stretches.

With Pope in the back court, a stronger BI, plus Lonzo who I feel is a better defender than DLO, our perimeter D should be improved.

And Bogut and Lopez will improve our shot blocking along with an improved Nance and Zu. Hopefully it will all come together.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

I'm really digging Magic/Pelinka's moves this summer. I give them an A- so far, even if i didn't fully support the DLO trade. Really good additions that don't hurt the 2018 plan. Well done!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Because all the contending teams play slow plodding centers 48 mpg?
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Good thing we added KCP though - he's a great defender.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm really digging Magic/Pelinka's moves this summer. I give them an A- so far, even if i didn't fully support the DLO trade. Really good additions that don't hurt the 2018 plan. Well done!

I'd like to agree with you and I'm glad you're super positive, but the reservations come from me being excited in the past. I know it has nothing to do with this current regime but here are just a few moves I was excited about until they proved me wrong.

Dwight
Nash
Earl Clark
Wesley Johnson
Swag El
Xavier
Hill
Boozer
Lin
Bass
Hibbert
Huertas
Yi
AB
MozDeng (never a fan of the price though)

The ones that I liked and they worked were LouWill & Black. It's fun to be a fan and be overly positive (speaking about myself), but the past 5 years haven't been too kind on moves we have made.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

I think KCP/Bogut/(trade for Brook + Kuz)/Lonzo/Hart/Bryant additions this summer pretty much beat out what we have done in the past.

I was a skeptic at first but i really now believe Magic/Pelinka are going to pull it off and get 2 of: LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think KCP/Bogut/(trade for Brook + Kuz)/Lonzo/Hart/Bryant additions this summer pretty much beat out what we have done in the past.

I was a skeptic at first but i really now believe Magic/Pelinka are going to pull it off and get 2 of: LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie.

Even if (although I'm with you, we will sign 'somebody') somehow we ended up resigning KCP and Lopez/Bogut... and prob still has $ for another FA next summer, it's looking like a playoff squad on paper
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Even if (although I'm with you, we will sign 'somebody') somehow we ended up resigning KCP and Lopez/Bogut... and prob still has $ for another FA next summer, it's looking like a playoff squad on paper

Eh. That's another story for another day. If we traded off DLO to spend the cap on KCP/Brook, that's not a success at all.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

20 minutes for our best player?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to: