Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Grats GT! Can't wait to hear the pods from media day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I got invited to Lakers Media Day, as well as practices and shootarounds, with the idea that I have to prove myself and if I do, game credentials are a possibility. I'm sooooo excited.

nothing but love .. congrats, man no doubt in my mind you will be credentialed ...
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Grats GT! Can't wait to hear the pods from media day.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

See you there, GT.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations GT. A well deserved invitation.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

Congrats!
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Congrats man, go get em!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I've become a partner and full-time contributor at Forum Blue & Gold, starting yesterday. Darius & I are kindred spirits and want to create as much of our style of content as possible this year, and it's much easier to do that together.
Noice!!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Wow.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I've become a partner and full-time contributor at Forum Blue & Gold, starting yesterday. Darius & I are kindred spirits and want to create as much of our style of content as possible this year, and it's much easier to do that together.

Excellent. A juggernaut of Lakers and basketball knowledge.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

But we need to know are you the "point guard" or the "shooting guard" there?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
In my debut analysis piece for Forum Blue & Gold, I take a look at how Luke must change his approach toward his lineups in order to be successful this season.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/09/19/laker-film-room-luke-walton-house-cards/

Thanks. Clicked it.
Did you happen to have the total minutes for the identity crisis lineups of:
Calderon/Young/Deng/Randle/Mozgov? Just wondering why it wasnt in the table.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
In my debut analysis piece for Forum Blue & Gold, I take a look at how Luke must change his approach toward his lineups in order to be successful this season.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/09/19/laker-film-room-luke-walton-house-cards/

Excellent article and the supporting game clips really make it easy to understand what you are writing.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I got invited to Lakers Media Day, as well as practices and shootarounds, with the idea that I have to prove myself and if I do, game credentials are a possibility. I'm sooooo excited.

That is way cool. Congrats. I honestly suspect that someone in the league may pick you up to be their film man. You catch really good stuff and break things down pretty nicely.

The players are always talking about analyzing film, they need to get it from somebody, why not you?!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Congrats! That's was a great piece and the clips were on point.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Thank you. Just like young players go through a growth with experience, so do coaches. Hopefully Luke learns from this and creates more interchangeable lineups.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspiring stuff, GT
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject:

Excellent articles, thanks again GT! I hope Brook Lopez is OK, I was looking forward to how he compliments Lonzo and BI. Just a couple more days and you'll be there in person! Might be illuminating with regards to how Brook is faring, or for that matter whether or not BI actually has grown 2 inches and is now 6-11 like Trudell claims.

Great insights with examples on last season, the tale of two lineups and how easily it fell apart as soon as key players went down because the players weren't interchangeable. Here's hoping this season's player rotation isn't as fragile.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
New video on how Lonzo, Ingram, & Randle fit together on offense. Enjoy.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/09/21/laker-film-room-lonzo-ingram-randle-fit/

I enjoyed it a lot!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Thanks GT.

Is it safe to say that we are headed towards a new exciting era of Lakers basketball? Right now we are top 5 young up and comers in the NBA with loaded young talent, and next year we have a chance to create a dynasty.

Fun times ahead
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

Great work again GT on how Lonzo, BI and Randle might fit together, strengths and weaknesses.

As for BI - do you think the core work and leg work he's done this summer to get his lower body stronger is likely to help much in terms of getting better at gathering his feet for his 3 point attempts? Or is this likely an innate skill and not so easily fixed?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject:

Good stuff GT! Are LFR and FB&G merging or something? I haven't quite been keeping up on twitter
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Great work again GT on how Lonzo, BI and Randle might fit together, strengths and weaknesses.

As for BI - do you think the core work and leg work he's done this summer to get his lower body stronger is likely to help much in terms of getting better at gathering his feet for his 3 point attempts? Or is this likely an innate skill and not so easily fixed?

I don't think it's innate, but I don't think the strength and conditioning is much of a factor here either. It's a developed skill, where repetition with the right mechanics can fix it. He also has issues with his shooting stroke, but they say they've been working on that.

All of that is my biggest question mark with him.

The footwork is an interesting issue - I kind of do think it's a foot quickness issue. Like heavy feet.
https://twitter.com/MarkAdamsBball/status/763149637326925825 Don't his feet look slow here?

But also, bigmen can have fine footwork on jumpers, so idk. And his feet have gotten quicker..
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I don't think it's innate, but I don't think the strength and conditioning is much of a factor here either. It's a developed skill, where repetition with the right mechanics can fix it. He also has issues with his shooting stroke, but they say they've been working on that.

All of that is my biggest question mark with him.

The footwork is an interesting issue - I kind of do think it's a foot quickness issue. Like heavy feet.
https://twitter.com/MarkAdamsBball/status/763149637326925825 Don't his feet look slow here?

But also, bigmen can have fine footwork on jumpers, so idk. And his feet have gotten quicker..

Yeah, I think I need to do a better job of explaining my position regarding his footwork, but this is more what I mean. It takes him forever and a day to get his feet in a comfortable position and that's how shots go from open to contested. Then when you combine that with the shooting stroke issues that you've pointed out, it's a bad combo.

It's great that they've identified fixes to his shooting stroke and have emphasized this all summer, but if he can't get his feet set at NBA game speed then how much good is all that work going to do him?

I hope you're right GT that repetition with the right mechanics can fix this. I hope the Laker training staff is all over this because if not, then like Yinoma and a few more of us have been saying, they need you there!!!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

The feet issue is legit interesting as hell to me. You could guess that "the hop" would cure it, but I think the issue is still a quickness or maybe urgency, thing. How interesting is it that he's probably in the bottom 1% of footwork shooting the ball.... why?
Spitballing: the overtly high form contributes. Stepping into your shot and gathering, is a means of getting from point:A in your stroke to release; and if that's a long process, makes sense to have a long gather as well. Setting his feet slowly is just setting up the whole drawn out process

This is interesting ---
I'm looking at other guys with high 2part strokes: they do look like they have to be in 'turbo' mode on the gather, to compensate. They also look like they can be prone to a slow gather.

Dirk: https://3ball.io/plays/dirk%203pt?playId=0021600870_250 https://3ball.io/plays/dirk%203pt?playId=0021600870_6
Dirk speeding it up: https://3ball.io/plays/dirk%203pt?playId=0021600862_157 Hips drop on the catch, concerted effort to speed up the gather...maybe more prone to miss being sped up

Jabari: https://3ball.io/plays/jabari%203pt?playId=0021600738_18 slow gather
https://3ball.io/plays/jabari%203pt?playId=0021600684_192 turbo gather
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 32 of 93
Jump to: