Woman goes crazy after veteran brings service dog into restaurant.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Woman goes crazy after veteran brings service dog into restaurant.

- (Explicit language, naturally)

http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/video-woman-screams-at-veteran-for-bringing-service-dog-into-restaurant-its-nasty

The "woman"'s husband has that Brent Grimes, "I don't know her' look throughout the entire video.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject:

that woman
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject:

Exhibit A on why being offended means absolutely squat. And Exhibit B on what happens when you continually enable.

I want, I want, I want! We basically see this every day now, in a variety of forms.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

She went overboard and maybe she IS just an a-- or maybe this is the result of being fed up with other people who abuse the service animal designation.

If you're required to have a placard to use a handicapped parking space why can't they come up with an ID for people who have a legitimate medical need for service animals?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

Her reaction was over the top, but it's crazy the amount of people with "service dogs" these days.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
She went overboard and maybe she IS just an a-- or maybe this is the result of being fed up with other people who abuse the service animal designation.

If you're required to have a placard to use a handicapped parking space why can't they come up with an ID for people who have a legitimate medical need for service animals?

Yeah, just about every flight I've been on this year has some seemingly able body person with a massive dog laying in the aisle.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Well, she's not the arbitor of who is and isn't abusing the service animal program is she? I mean, that's what drives me nuts.

If you feel that is happening, call the authorities.

And why he may be able bodied, perhaps it is an emotional need service dog?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Well, she's not the arbitor of who is and isn't abusing the service animal program is she? I mean, that's what drives me nuts.

It's odd you consider the woman a representation of a society the enables those who are offended, but not the guy who needs a dog to get through a meal at a restaurant.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

They have them, but its completely unregulated. Just go to the website, fill out the form and print out that official card.

I did it for my comfort horse.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

It's odd you consider the woman a representation of a society the enables those who are offended, but not the guy who needs a dog to get through a meal at a restaurant.

I think in this case you give the veteran the benefit of the doubt (unless someone can prove he is abusing the system/lying about the therapy dog) while the woman, wouldn't even listen to explanation and was just straight rude. The law sides with the veteran in this case. If she is that upset about this circumstances then she should do it by challanging the law or the lax nature of it
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I think in this case you give the veteran the benefit of the doubt (unless someone can prove he is abusing the system/lying about the therapy dog) while the woman, wouldn't even listen to explanation and was just straight rude. The law sides with the veteran in this case. If she is that upset about this circumstances then she should do it by challanging the law or the lax nature of it

Maybe what triggered her was the fact that her husband was also a veteran and he's not being treated as special as the guy with the dog.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Exhibit A on why being offended means absolutely squat. And Exhibit B on what happens when you continually enable.

I want, I want, I want! We basically see this every day now, in a variety of forms.

agreed
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Her reaction was over the top, but it's crazy the amount of people with "service dogs" these days.

Around where I live, most of them don't even bother putting the service animal vests on the dogs anymore like they did a few years ago. They just stroll right in with them because they know the store isn't going to challenge them. Like with charity scammers, all the store can do is put up a worthless sign saying please don't do it.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Maybe what triggered her was the fact that her husband was also a veteran and he's not being treated as special as the guy with the dog.

Actually, it was the husband's dad. But regardless, just like people, different responses to PTSD require different solutions.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

People like her are nauseous nuisances. They give me the impression they think they're all that and a bags of chips =(s#it).

Instead of making a public scene she could have gone to the manager to complain or just gone to another facility.

I don't know why the person she was with just stood there. Had that been my lady I would have either joined her in her rant or shut her down.

If the women who called her a @itch had any guts she would have done what the dude did to the dude in the subway wearing the Nazi sticker KHDFO.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I don't consider the woman a representstion of a society that enables. I consider hrr the byproduct of a society that enables. Total tantrum because she doesn't get her way.

Guy is a veteran that has a service animal. There doesn't seem to be a dispute on whether the service animal designation was validly obtained. She wasn't arguing he abused the system. She just didnt want a dog there and its all about what she wants. I want I want I want. Me me me.

This is really no different than someone who wants someone of a particular race out of a restaurant. The law says they are allowed to be there. Same with this.veteran. Don't like it? Work to change the law.

Enough of this I am offended therefore you must do as I say garbage.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

They have them, but its completely unregulated. Just go to the website, fill out the form and print out that official card.

I don't think you're supposed to ride it that way though.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

was that dude in the boxing shirt her BF? the look on that dudes face LOL
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

This is why I refuse to go to any more Delaware crabshacks.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Whether it is regulated or not is irrelevant here though. She wasn't disputing the validity of the animals designation, she kept ranting that a dog in a restaurant is nasty to her.

That said, I think you may be confusing service animal with emotional need animal. A service animal is one that must be trained and its owner must be considered legally disabled. In this case, the veteran suffered from PTSD which is covered as a valid condition for a service animal. Service animals are protected by ADA. Emotional need animals are not and anyone can get one of those.

She wondered why they don't put patrons with service animals in a different area. That is not allowed by law.

She also could, and probably should, have been charged with a misdemeanor here. You cannot interfere in any way, with a service animal.

All of this of course is moot. She doesn't care what the law says, what the veteran is suffering from, it could have been a blind child with a service dog but no, she thinks they are nasty and of course she is offended so everyone else has to accommodate to her. And of course this bothers her gravely, but she wont go and try to change the law or the ADA protections, she'll just scream louder because hey, that's been working lately.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I don't think you're supposed to ride it that way though.

I have official documents so you can't tell me what to do.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

you mean the veteran who went to a foreign hellhole and risked his life at the request of his country and now has nightmares, flashbacks, difficulty sleeping and anxiety that sometimes causes problems with his family, friends and co-workers? Yeah, not sure he should be rewarded with such special treatment as having a companion dog that may provide a slight reduction in those "mild" symptoms.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Waste of tax payers money
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

you mean the veteran who went to a foreign hellhole and risked his life at the request of his country and now has nightmares, flashbacks, difficulty sleeping and anxiety that sometimes causes problems with his family, friends and co-workers? Yeah, not sure he should be rewarded with such special treatment as having a companion dog that may provide a slight reduction in those "mild" symptoms.

Yeah. And just for clarification, the dog in this scenario is not a companion animal. It is considered a working dog. No different, legally, than a blind person using a service animal to get around.

If you have an issue with this veteran you too, must have an issue with service animals that assist the blind among other disabilities. That is her position, that even a blind person cannot use a service dog because to her dogs as nasty.

What should happen if someone thinks she is nasty?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

now looky there. someone with a full on legit comment that matches ALL of what happened. not some twist to suit his/her way of thinking. Thank you ocho.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: