OFFICIAL BROOK LOPEZ THREAD (Signs 1 yr deal with Bucks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Popcorn Machine: Special Guest Brook Lopez

Quote:
Brook Lopez has dreamed of playing for the Lakers since his childhood of watching Magic Johnson lead Showtime. The team’s new center joined The Popcorn Machine to talk about joining the purple and gold, elevating his game over the offseason and playing with Lonzo Ball.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170919-popcorn-machine-brook-lopez/

Cool. I hope he will take a hometown discount and sign for Room Exception next year so that he can stay here longterm.

And here is the articl to go with that video:

Brook Lopez Living Childhood Dream as Laker
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170921-brook-lopez/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Brook Lopez has dreamed of playing for the Lakers since his childhood of watching Magic Johnson lead Showtime. The team’s new center joined The Popcorn Machine to talk about joining the purple and gold, elevating his game over the offseason and playing with Lonzo Ball.

Cool. I hope he will take a hometown discount and sign for Room Exception next year so that he can stay here longterm.

Yes...

And that the center market is a bit crowded next summer and teams aren't spending large sums of cap space on centers anymore.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yes...

And that the center market is a bit crowded next summer and teams aren't spending large sums of cap space on centers anymore.

It will be interesting to see how much he can stay on the floor given how slow he is even when he is healthy. I love the attitude, the shooting and the shot blocking, but just like with Mozgov, I think that the time of the slow footed 7 footer has passed in the NBA.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

Brook Lopez says he will be ready for training camp

Quote:
One of the concerns for the Los Angeles Lakers has been the recent reports that Brook Lopez has a back issue. What did he have to say about his status for training camp?

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/09/22/los-angeles-lakers-brook-lopez-believes-will-ready-training-camp/
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Brook Lopez says he will be ready for training camp

Quote:
One of the concerns for the Los Angeles Lakers has been the recent reports that Brook Lopez has a back issue. What did he have to say about his status for training camp?

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/09/22/los-angeles-lakers-brook-lopez-believes-will-ready-training-camp/

nice
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Brook Lopez Pleased H.C. Luke Walton Views Him As Leader

Quote:
“It’s just cool being around him,” Lopez said. “I feel like he’s put a lot of trust in me in terms of being a vet on the team and going out there and being a leader and I think it’s an honor, I take a lot of pride in taking that responsibility that he’s given me.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-after-feeling-overlooked-brook-lopez-pleased-luke-walton-views-him-as-leader/2017/09/22/
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yes...

Still, room exception is, what, $5M? Lopez could find way better than that. If Magic pulls off 2 maxes AND Lopez in one summer... damn.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

I see brook as a cousins place holder. If we're serious about building around Lonzo ball, we're gonna need that stretch 5 to compliment him going forward. So, if lebron comes here I think it will be with cousins. Even though I don't think lebron is coming since we already have the keys to the franchise to Ingram and ball.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I see brook as a cousins place holder. If we're serious about building around Lonzo ball, we're gonna need that stretch 5 to compliment him going forward. So, if lebron comes here I think it will be with cousins. Even though I don't think lebron is coming since we already have the keys to the franchise to Ingram and ball.

Cousins lack of effort on the defensive end would drive me crazy. At least Brook tries on that end, even if his lack of speed negates most of his defensive impact.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject:

Guy was a great interview on media day.

Seems like he loves it here and is having a ball.

He looks really big and solid.

I will be interested to see him play and how he fits on this team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

I'm telling y'all, Brook will be a fan favorite soon enough. Really good player and a good guy off the court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yes...

Still, room exception is, what, $5M? Lopez could find way better than that. If Magic pulls off 2 maxes AND Lopez in one summer... damn.

Yup. But the point would be to game the cap system and then re-sign him to a longer deal in 2019. I understand it's a long shot, but if he really loves LA and the Lakers, not impossible.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

I was dubious about the chances of Lopez re-signing for less. But he sure did seem enthusiastic during interviews at yesterday's media day. Seems like a good guy
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
I was dubious about the chances of Lopez re-signing for less. But he sure did seem enthusiastic during interviews at yesterday's media day. Seems like a good guy

He's staying
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

Was surprised he spoke of himself like he was a rookie next to bogut. But his entire interview was great.

I'll temper it that he's overjoyed to play for his favorite team in a contract year before he's passed his time. But he's also happy to play in the lights of LA during a contract year to give himself the best opportunity to retain his salary for his next contract.

Having said that, our rooks will watch GSW empty the coffers and blow up while they start thinking of their own options. Hopefully Luke starts mixing in a comment or two when they ask "howd GSW do it?"... answer: steph was 10mil per.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

Brook has never played for any team other than the Nets. This is also the team he grew up rooting for. For those two reasons, unlike other players who move around a lot, for him, this isn't just "another" landing spot. If anything, I expect him to overachieve rather than underachieve. I think he's going to want to prove himself. I wouldn't be surprised if Brook has the best season of his career this season.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
m

I agree and I hope he has a great season, we need that.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yes...

I believe it's $8m if they're not in the luxury tax. His Bird rights would return to him in a year, too. It seems very reasonable.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

give him a lifetime Disney pass with a front of the line status under the table and its a done deal
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yes...

I believe it's $8m if they're not in the luxury tax. His Bird rights would return to him in a year, too. It seems very reasonable.

That's the full MLE. We would only have the room exception which is closer to 4m.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yes...

That's the full MLE. We would only have the room exception which is closer to 4m.

Why wouldn't we have the full MLE?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
markjay wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yes...

Why wouldn't we have the full MLE?

If you want cap space you have to renounce the full MLE.

A team that is over the cap has the full MLE, which we would have in 2019.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

Aren't there ways to get over the cap? A simple trade of Josh Hart or whoever for a player making slightly more, for instance.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Lopez, KCP & Randle will all be back if we are a true playoff team and they play like stars. Especially if PG13 decides to go back to OKC.

Of course all 3 of those guys could be traded by the deadline if we aren't competing for a spot in the playoffs.

Anyway I choose to believe we are going to be really good, 50 win great and that we will see these guys are our future They are capable of changing the plans of 2 max guys.

If not PG13 we might be talking Lopez and Clarkson versus Cousins not a trade salaries only. Cousins has a lot of downside and I don't know if I like him that much better than Lopez. If Lopez fits the team great why take a chance on Cousins and why not just resign Lopez?

I think there is a good chance he is back if we are playing well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Aren't there ways to get over the cap? A simple trade of Josh Hart or whoever for a player making slightly more, for instance.

As part of getting the cap in the first place, the full MLE has to be renounced. You can't then go over the cap and then get a full MLE (b/c you renounced it).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 15 of 56
Jump to: