The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:
LeBron James has Dwyane Wade starting, he has Kevin Love, he has Isaiah Thomas

He has Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.

There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.

? None of those guys are all that great.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.

It doesn't tell you (bleep).

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Cavs are stacked, again. Yet another super team for LeBron.

Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure how I feel about adding 2 guys who think they're stars but aren't anymore (Rose/Wade). IT being out until January (maybe more) is concerning too as they lack shooters with Rose/Wade (and defense, though IT sucks at that).

Plus, it doesn't matter. You can win the ECF, but no team is ready to take down the Warriors sans injuries.

That doesn't fit with the narrative though mister reasonable. =)
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

There is NO EXCUSES for LeBron this year, there is no "We don't have enough, I don't have enough." this year. If LeBron doesn't get it done, I don't wanna hear any excuses whatsoever about him, or his team. The Cavaliers have gone above and beyond to give him what you could argue is the most complete team he's had.

So there's no room for excuses or "Cleveland didn't give me enough" blaming now.

Just curious, which Lakers would you trade for the #2, #3, and #4 options on the Cavs?

That will tell you everything you need to know about how good you really believe they are.

Disregarding potential, I would trade anyone on the roster for Love or IT. But potential is a thing and that's why BI is Mr. Untouchable and Ball is pretty much our franchise player without playing a single minute. Magic wouldn't trade those two for Paul George. Does that mean they are better now than PG? Nope. Not even close.

Wow.

You wouldn't trade ANY Laker on the roster for any of the #2, #3, or #4 options on the super duper Cavs?

Not even Deng?

Wow.

Read again.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

Wow.

Not even Deng?

Wow.

Read again.

Read my question. I didn't ask you disregard anything. I just said, who, on the current roster, who would you trade for the Cavs awesome and talent infused #2, #3, and #4 options?

Because these options are so good that there is no excuse not to win, so, I want to see what price you would be willing to pay up to, to get these juggernauts of basketball.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

Wow.

Not even Deng?

Wow.

Read again.

Read my question. I didn't ask you disregard anything. I just said, who, on the current roster, who would you trade for the Cavs awesome and talent infused #2, #3, and #4 options?

Because these options are so good that there is no excuse not to win, so, I want to see what price you would be willing to pay up to, to get these juggernauts of basketball.

I can do that too ringfinger. Watch

Name someone in our starting lineup better than Kevin Love, Isaiah Thomas or Dwyane Wade...

Now name someone on our bench better than Derrick Rose, JR Smith or Jae Crowder...

That tells you everything you need to know.

See how easy that was?

The reason you wouldn't trade them for those guys however has nothing to do about who's currently the better players, it's about potential upside that is 2-3 seasons away. But LeBron is playing the short game, not the 'I'll wait for 2-3 seasons till ya'll get to your prime' game like we are. Because he wants rings.

And Cleveland has provided him with the best team he could have possibly asked for.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

Wow.

Not even Deng?

Wow.

Read again.

I can do that too ringfinger. Watch

Name someone in our starting lineup better than Kevin Love, Isaiah Thomas or Dwyane Wade...

Now name someone on our bench better than Derrick Rose, JR Smith or Jae Crowder...

That tells you everything you need to know.

See how easy that was?

The reason you wouldn't trade them for those guys however has nothing to do about who's currently the better players, it's about potential upside that is 2-3 seasons away. But LeBron is playing the short game, not the 'I'll wait for 2-3 seasons till ya'll get to your prime' game like we are. Because he wants rings.

And Cleveland has provided him with the best team he could have possibly asked for.

Wow.

Not even Deng?

Wow.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

I never said better. You told me to read, you ought to do the same. I said who you would trade. Not who do you think is better.

I asked it to gauge how greatly, or not so greatly, one values CLE's roleplayers.

If you would trade no better than Deng, Brewer, and Bryant, that says a lot compared id you were willing to trade JR, Ingram, and Ball.

People like to talk as if those role players are a dream come true but no one actually wants them.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure how I feel about adding 2 guys who think they're stars but aren't anymore (Rose/Wade). IT being out until January (maybe more) is concerning too as they lack shooters with Rose/Wade (and defense, though IT sucks at that).

Plus, it doesn't matter. You can win the ECF, but no team is ready to take down the Warriors sans injuries.

I am sure that Cavs fans are thrilled, just as Laker fans would be. A trip to the Finals is an exciting time.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Most important thing about the additions of Wade/Crowder is being able to put a solid 5 man lineup at the end of the game (Isaiah/Wade/Lebron/Crowder/Love) and having players who can sustain the game against second units (Rose and Smith)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Is he really a Lakers man?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Crap, I forgot they have Rose too! Wow, that is going to be interesting
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Wade's a corpse. We get it. You don't want him.

Wade's just an addition.

LeBron has Isaiah Thomas and Kevin Love, he has Wade in addition to all that.

He also has Derrick Rose, Jr Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.

There's no room for excuses this season or "I don't have enough." that's all I'm essentially saying. That means from ESPN to otherwise.

This ain't the year for "He doesn't have enough." excuses and as much as I hate the Cavs, they've put essentially everything around him and then some. Having Thomas and Love along with Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Crowder off the bench was enough as it was, but they got his best buddy Wade there too.

Also the "corpse" of Dwyane Wade was still an 18 ppg scorer last season... so yeah. That's a pretty lively one.

Cavs have been very good to LeBron. He'll no doubt try to paint them as some disorganized, dysfunctional franchise on his way out the door, but they've surrounded him with some supreme talent these past 4 years. You have guys in the league that will go their whole careers playing with no one, and here he gets to team up with stars like Kyrie, Love and IT, with some really good role players.

There's always going to be an excuse for when this man doesn't win. Blame the team's lack of talent is usually the go to. I see some are already starting on that early.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Are we back to bagging on LBJ now that the 2 superstar plan appears to be revised?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania 17m17 minutes ago
More
Sources: NBA has informed teams of projected salary cap in next two offseasons: $101M for 2018-19, $108M for 2019-20, subject to change.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Wade's a corpse. We get it. You don't want him.

Wade's just an addition.

LeBron has Isaiah Thomas and Kevin Love, he has Wade in addition to all that.

He also has Derrick Rose, Jr Smith and Jae Crowder coming off the bench.

There's no room for excuses this season or "I don't have enough." that's all I'm essentially saying. That means from ESPN to otherwise.

This ain't the year for "He doesn't have enough." excuses and as much as I hate the Cavs, they've put essentially everything around him and then some. Having Thomas and Love along with Derrick Rose, JR Smith and Crowder off the bench was enough as it was, but they got his best buddy Wade there too.

Also the "corpse" of Dwyane Wade was still an 18 ppg scorer last season... so yeah. That's a pretty lively one.

Cavs have been very good to LeBron. He'll no doubt try to paint them as some disorganized, dysfunctional franchise on his way out the door, but they've surrounded him with some supreme talent these past 4 years. You have guys in the league that will go their whole careers playing with no one, and here he gets to team up with stars like Kyrie, Love and IT, with some really good role players.

There's always going to be an excuse for when this man doesn't win. Blame the team's lack of talent is usually the go to. I see some are already starting on that early.

Do we have a suicide watch ready for USCandLakers when Lebron comes over here?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

So if I'm clear your saying that you would trade anyone on our roster, including BI & Ball, for Love or IT, but Magic & the FO wouldn't because in their eyes BI & Ball are untouchable?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Nahh, I think he is saying that their potential is what makes them untradeable in his eyes and I think that's fair.

The reason I posed that question is because of comments like "Lebrons team is stacked". I just don't agree with that. They are good but stacked? So to see how valuable people really believe those pieces are, lets put it to a test.

Who is the best player we would trade for any Cavs player not named Lebron?

Would we trade Julius, potential factored in, for any of them? I wouldn't. Not a one.

But GSW. Would.you trade JR for any player not named Durant? I would for Curry, Klay, or Dray.

So there you go, even if we.disagree on whether they are stacked or not, I think that test shows they just aren't stacked aa it might seem.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Quote:
More
Sources: NBA has informed teams of projected salary cap in next two offseasons: $101M for 2018-19, $108M for 2019-20, subject to change.

Yep. 1 super star. LeBron ain't that bad.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Are we back to bagging on LBJ now that the 2 superstar plan appears to be revised?

Bc the cap estimate dropped by 1m?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
22 wrote:
Quote:
More

Yep. 1 super star. LeBron ain't that bad.

I know you're joking, but it also means his max dips to slightly over $35m. Same with George at $30m. The amount of salary we would need to clear after stretching Deng, and not picking up Randle and Bryant does raise to $4.9m, by my math, which doesn't mean a lot if they're shooting for a clean dump of JC.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

So if I'm clear your saying that you would trade anyone on our roster, including BI & Ball, for Love or IT, but Magic & the FO wouldn't because in their eyes BI & Ball are untouchable?

Read again.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

Read again.

Why? He pretty much nailed what you wrote. Unless words are lost in your translation from your pen to pad. There is some misdirection in your comment too. For example, why bring up PG who is not on the Cavs? I thought the topic was Cavs players. But besides Lebron, any other Cavs player wouldn't make a strong case for you, which defeats your stance.

"Magic wouldn't trade those two for Kevin Love. Does that mean they are better than Love now? Nope, not even close."

Not so sexy as inserting PG into the argument, right?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Haha. I was the one going back and forth him and I don't think thats what he meant. He meant, I think, that the reason BI and Ball are not tradeable is because of their potential. Which I agree though I may not say untradeable but pretty darn close.

Its still irrelevsnt to my original question which was to know if there are any combination of any 3 Laker pkayers we would trade for CLE's #2-#4 and if so, which players might those be. I'd imagine they'd be bench players.

The same wouldn't be true for GSW, I think, and so that to me highlights the talent disparity between GSW and CLE.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
MJST wrote:

Read again.

Why? He pretty much nailed what you wrote. Unless words are lost in your translation from your pen to pad. There is some misdirection in your comment too. For example, why bring up PG who is not on the Cavs? I thought the topic was Cavs players. But besides Lebron, any other Cavs player wouldn't make a strong case for you, which defeats your stance.

"Magic wouldn't trade those two for Kevin Love. Does that mean they are better than Love now? Nope, not even close."

Not so sexy as inserting PG into the argument, right?

'Disregarding potential' is clearly stated on the post. Basically, I think Love and IT are better than anyone on this roster RIGHT NOW.

I inserted PG because he's the guy we were rumored to be in conversations for this summer. BI was untouchable in those talks. Pretty sure Ball was as well. Just proving that even though PG is better RIGHT NOW, just like Love and IT, potential is taken into consideration, obviously.

Not sure how much clearer can this be. Even the guy that disagrees with me about everything understood the post.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 128 of 2079
Jump to: