A 90 year old complete stranger who bought me breakfast is facing eviction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: A 90 year old complete stranger who bought me breakfast is facing eviction

This is a super sad situation mainly because at 90 years old he neither has the family, energy nor the means to deal with these new circumstances.

I met Eddie Carroll about two years ago while having breakfast with my daughter at Dupars in the Farmers Market.

We struck up a conversation as he was sitting in the booth alone, next to me. I have an affinity for the elderly so I was quick to chat him up. He started telling me about Hollywood's golden age. Turns out he was a hair stylist for many celebs of the day. He had a bunch of great stories. Never saw him again after that but he definitely left an impression on me with his kindness.

Fast forward to tonight. One of my coworkers was distributing a filming notification in West Hollywood and as he returned to the office he told me about a very sad encounter with an elderly hairstylist who was just informed about impending eviction from both his business and his modest apartment in the same complex along Santa Monica Blvd. I quickly connected the dots and realized that he was talking about Eddie.

I went on Google streetview to corroborate where my colleague was talking about and you can actually see Eddie sitting alone, in his salon. It broke my heart.

A gofundme page has been set up with a goal to aid Eddie's relocation expenses, as the mandatory relocation funds determined by our housing laws are woefully inadequate to put Eddie into a satisfactory housing situation.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: A 90 year old complete stranger who bought me breakfast is facing eviction

dubaholic1 wrote:
This is a super sad situation mainly because at 90 years old he neither has the family, energy nor the means to deal with these new circumstances.

I met Eddie Carroll about two years ago while having breakfast with my daughter at Dupars in the Farmers Market.

We struck up a conversation as he was sitting in the booth alone, next to me. I have an affinity for the elderly so I was quick to chat him up. He started telling me about Hollywood's golden age. Turns out he was a hair stylist for many celebs of the day. He had a bunch of great stories. Never saw him again after that but he definitely left an impression on me with his kindness.

Fast forward to tonight. One of my coworkers was distributing a filming notification in West Hollywood and as he returned to the office he told me about a very sad encounter with an elderly hairstylist who was just informed about impending eviction from both his business and his modest apartment in the same complex along Santa Monica Blvd. I quickly connected the dots and realized that he was talking about Eddie.

I went on Google streetview to corroborate where my colleague was talking about and you can actually see Eddie sitting alone, in his salon. It broke my heart.

A gofundme page has been set up with a goal to aid Eddie's relocation expenses, as the mandatory relocation funds determined by our housing laws are woefully inadequate to put Eddie into a satisfactory housing situation.

Donated what I could afford. Sad to see someone this elderly all alone and in need.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: A 90 year old complete stranger who bought me breakfast is facing eviction

SweetP wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Donated what I could afford. Sad to see someone this elderly all alone and in need.

your kindness will be rewarded, in this life or the next
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: A 90 year old complete stranger who bought me breakfast is facing eviction

dubaholic1 wrote:

I see a figure sitting alone but can't really tell who it is. I wonder is that actually him?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Donation sent and my prayers to Mr. Carroll.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Post this on Reddit.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject:

Isn't that guy that you considered racist and trying to avoid or I'm confusing you with someone else.?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Isn't that guy that you considered racist and trying to avoid or I'm confusing you with someone else.?

That was lakerjoshua's thread which is currently on the third page.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: