------ Preseason Game 1 - Minnesota Timberwolves -vs- Los Angeles Lakers 9/30 7PM PT ------
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Our defense has a LONG way to go.

Poor communication
Not very smart (don't know when it's the right time to double, poor rotations...)
Poor defensive rebounding

As a team i'd say there's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Our defense has a LONG way to go.

Poor communication
Not very smart (don't know when it's the right time to double, poor rotations...)
Poor defensive rebounding

As a team i'd say there's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go...

I agree, good thing that this is the preseason, I'm expecting better effort on D as we get closer to the real season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

27 assists.
8 each from Ball and Ennis.
Not bad.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:

It seemed like Lonzo was invisible but then he had 7 rebounds and 8 ast. Jesus. If guys could make shots look out!
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo: 8 assists with 0 offense in place? He's going to be scary good when he becomes a true offensive threat.

Randle: Needs to play amazing or else he will get renounced. Not impressed.

KCP: Slow start; he will clean it up.

Kuzma: Amazing

Nance: Not impressed
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

- Lonzo looked about as expected. Still not aggressive enough offensively and needs to work on defense. Once an offense gets installed and he works on his shot, he's gonna be scary good. He's gonna average like 10/8/8 this year IMO.

- Ingram DOES look a lot better, more aggressive for sure. Needs to be better defensively.

- Kuzma....bruh. This is a small sample size, this game and summer league, but he looks like the type of player nance is trying to grow into. So good. Let's see him play like this consistently and the PF job is his.

- Nance. Has regressed. His shot has not developed and don't mistake activity for accomplishment, he is not doing a whole lot that is positive out there despite his effort.

- Randle...offensively, a bit better. Defensively, just doesn't have the nose for it...don't think he will ever get better. He's destined to just be a starter on a bad team, I don't think he's ever going to get much better. Probably needs to be traded, I can't see extending him especially if Kuzma continues to impress.

- Zubacca - looked Better than in summer league, defense still suspect....still a backup C project IMO.

- KCP - just another guy I think, didn't impress and didn't look as athletic as I remember

- JC - as much as it pains me to say it, I think we need to keep him on the roster and not trade him. We don't have nearly enough shooters or scorers on this team and as boneheaded as he is, he can put the ball in the basket and we will probably need his 15 ppg.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Ingram looked kinda slow out there. That has me a little worried. Hopefully he's just getting used to the speed and timing after a long summer. I know he's never been a speed demon, but the end of last season he was making fast cuts and even had a decent first step to get around defenders. Saw none of that tonight.

Randle reminded me why he's my least favorite Laker to watch. It's year 3 now so I guess I'll just never get used to his style of play. I see the individual talent that everyone talks about, but he's just a square peg in a round hole on this team. He's a tweener but not in a good way.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

How about Tyler Ennis... 8 assists in 12 minutes????
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

KCP and zo needs to switch defensive assignments. kCP should guard the smaller of the guards. He has better footspeed than Zo and better ball pressure. Zo is a better roamer and help defender. Luke should have him guard SG.

Kuzma should start.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

I was adamant about wanting to re-sign him. He was our anti-tank last season. He was too fast for Aaron Brooks tonight
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject:

I said this earlier. Randle and Nance are a little better than last year. Kuzma is who he looks like. He's a keeper. The other 2 are bench players. Not a bad thing but Kuzma isn't going to get worse. Only a little better. Which is a very good player.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject:

ennis was such a steady force last night...more than adequate to back up lonzo...

i liked randle's play - looked confident and comfortable and under control...much better than nance last night...

ball had a decent game...should look and play better once looez comes in...
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject:

and watching thw game made me realize how signing bogut might be a great move...really needed that size and defense last night...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

Typical preseason opener. Sloppy play with a few nice flashes here and there.
Naturally, teamwise there is a lot of work to be done. Potential is there; Luke has his work cut out for him.
Kuz played like a ROY candidate. 👍🏾
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

That's amazing! Excited to watch the game today. Would love to see him carve out a legit role in the NBA. He's still a young player
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
scoobs wrote:

That's amazing! Excited to watch the game today. Would love to see him carve out a legit role in the NBA. He's still a young player
Ennis is perfect for this team and to help Lonzo because there are going to be nights when he will need to come out gather himself and then go back in. there were times Ennis was in there his squad cut the lead is what you need from a good bench. i'm not too happy with Randle though.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

Finally watching the game. Wow this is just UGLY LOL

Classic preseason BS. However I absolutely love the pace the team is playing at, once they're more organized and familiar with each other they're gonna rock, if we have a couple dudes who can shoot from 3
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I thought they looked good. Luke said we didn't run none of the offense. Some ticky tack fouls called for Minn none for us
ricardoJPC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Minnesota has a great team. That should also be noted
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see the Lakers get away from using undersized centers against actual bigs. They've been taken advantage of for several years because of it and it's clear they don't gain an overall advantage against anyone big. If there has ever been an advantage, it's too slight to recall.

Free Zubac.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
I would like to see the Lakers get away from using undersized centers against actual bigs. They've been taken advantage of for several years because of it and it's clear they don't gain an overall advantage against anyone big. If there has ever been an advantage, it's too slight to recall.

Free Zubac.

Well don't forget we have Lopez and Bogut, they were just out.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

ricardoJPC wrote:

Minnesota has a very good team but not a great team. Lakers play very little defense particularly without fouling. Their interior defense is practically non existent which makes the Wolves look like they are a great inside. All this defense training does not work until you can protect your rim, unless someone on the Lakers can do that it will be another disappointing 25-30 win year.

On the offensive side they have a lot of low IQ guys who don't play well without the ball. They stubbornly try to make shots that they can't make because they put themselves in tough positions. Guys like Randle, Clarkson, and even Ingram force their game, when they should let the game come to them. Move their body constantly and move the ball should be what Walton teaches them to do. This is the new NBA, isolation is dead unless you're LeBron, Westbrook or another superstar.
Lonzo needs a motion offense with guys that will look for their open man and move without the ball in order for his game to flourish.
Watch how Caruso, Kuzma, Bryant, Blue moved the ball towards the end in the 4th quarter, and look at how their defense was their offense. Honestly if that team was out there with Lonzo they would have won the game.
Also LB needs shooters, I mean good 3pt shooters, dudes that can catch and shoot and hit with regularity.

Here's my opinion and what's going to be the best player combinations with Lonzo.

Caruso, Bryant, Kuzma, Ingram and Lonzo starters. Nance, Blue, Ennis, Brewer, and Bogut off the bench.

Randle, Clarkson, KCP, Nance, are slow to move and have too many ball stoppers, they are not going to work well if the Lakers want to have a high efficient assist offense.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

ricardoJPC wrote:

Minnesota has a very good team but not a great team. Lakers play very little defense particularly without fouling. Their interior defense is practically non existent which makes the Wolves look like they are a great inside. All this defense training does not work until you can protect your rim, unless someone on the Lakers can do that it will be another disappointing 25-30 win year.

On the offensive side they have a lot of low IQ guys who don't play well without the ball. They stubbornly try to make shots that they can't make because they put themselves in tough positions. Guys like Randle, Clarkson, and even Ingram force their game, when they should let the game come to them. Move their body constantly and move the ball should be what Walton teaches them to do. This is the new NBA, isolation is dead unless you're LeBron, Westbrook or another superstar.
Lonzo needs a motion offense with guys that will look for their open man and move without the ball in order for his game to flourish.
Watch how Caruso, Kuzma, Bryant, Blue moved the ball towards the end in the 4th quarter, and look at how their defense was their offense. Honestly if that team was out there with Lonzo they would have won the game.
Also LB needs shooters, I mean good 3pt shooters, dudes that can catch and shoot and hit with regularity.

Here's my opinion and what's going to be the best player combinations with Lonzo.

Caruso, Bryant, Kuzma, Ingram and Lonzo starters. Nance, Blue, Ennis, Brewer, and Bogut off the bench.

Randle, Clarkson, KCP, Nance, are slow to move and have too many ball stoppers, they are not going to work well if the Lakers want to have a high efficient assist offense.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
ricardoJPC wrote:

So you want to tank without a first round pick?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42
Jump to: