Dwayne Wade, Chicago Bulls agree on contract buyout

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 1698
Location: SoCal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Dwayne Wade, Chicago Bulls agree on contract buyout

Dwayne Wade, Chicago Bulls agree on contract buyout

LINK

*Adding this to General Hoops since LAL is no longer being mentioned as a suitor in this article*

Quote:
The Chicago Bulls and Dwyane Wade have reached agreement on a buyout, sources told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.

Cleveland, San Antonio and Miami are leaders for Wade once his buyout becomes official, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Oklahoma City, which just acquired Wade's friend Carmelo Anthony in a trade, could also have interest, sources told Wojnarowski.

A buyout between Wade and the Bulls had seemed inevitable, with the 35-year-old Wade uninterested in being part of Chicago's rebuilding process.

Dwyane Wade is expected to choose from a group of suitors that includes Cleveland, San Antonio and Miami once his contract buyout becomes official, according to sources. Anthony Gruppuso/USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago Tribune first reported the two sides had agreed to a buyout.

Wade, who is entering his 15th NBA season, averaged 18.3 points, 3.8 assists and 4.5 rebounds last year in his first season with his hometown Bulls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 28031

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Cavs favored to land him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6490

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Guessing OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 6490

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

Cavs it is

D.Rose/D.Wade/I.Thomas/J.Crowder (plus Nets pick) vs Kyrie

did the Cavs got better? (Kyrie is the best of those names)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1571

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Cavs it is

D.Rose/D.Wade/I.Thomas/J.Crowder (plus Nets pick) vs Kyrie

did the Cavs got better? (Kyrie is the best of those names)

Collectively I do think the Cavs got better because they have more depth, and presumably, it's also quality depth (barring injuries, of course). With the amount of talent the Cavs have and how abysmal the East is, they should cruise through the RS. The one thing they may end up missing Kyrie most for is his ability to close out games, but that shouldn't be much of an issue for them until the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

wade is thinking Celtics

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2017/08/17/where-should-dwyane-wade-end-up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 28031

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
wade is thinking Celtics

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2017/08/17/where-should-dwyane-wade-end-up


Nope.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20824865/dwyane-wade-close-deal-cleveland-cavaliers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24998

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
wade is thinking Celtics

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2017/08/17/where-should-dwyane-wade-end-up


That was some speculation from some reporters more than a month ago. The reports today are that he is close to signing with the Cavs as soon as he clears waivers. (OKC, the Spurs and Heat are considered outside chances, and the Celtics seemed to have dropped out altogether.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21395

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/26/report-dwyane-wade-reaches-deal-with-cleveland-will-sign-wednesday/

Quote:
Report: Dwyane Wade reaches deal with Cleveland, will sign Wednesday


LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, together again.

From the start, it was expected that once Wade and Chicago reached a buyout agreement on his $23.8 million contract for this season ó he still gets nearly $16 million of it ó Cleveland was likely where he landed. The Spurs made calls, the Warriors made a call, meanwhile Paul George and Carmelo Anthony tried to recruit Wade to the Thunder, but the lure of LeBron and chasing another ring was too much.

Wade has made his decision and will sign a minimum deal with the Cavaliers on Wednesday, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Wade, 35, will sign a one-year, $2.3 million veteranís minimum contract as a free agent, league sources said.

Wade agreed to a contract buyout with the Chicago Bulls on Sunday. He and James are longtime friends and won two championships and made four trips to the NBA Finals as teammates on the Miami Heat.

Wade gets what he wants: Plenty of minutes (as many as his knees will allow), a chance to contend, and a chance to play with his good friend LeBron again. It was always going to be difficult to stop this deal from happening.

Wade will likely start at the two, sharing time on the wing with J.R. Smith and Kyle Korver. This gives Cleveland more depth and certainly more scoring ó Wade averaged 18.3 points even if it doesnít give them better defense. People may try to knock this signing saying Wade doesnít match up well against the Warriors, and thatís true, but neither do 99.7 percent of NBA players. Wade helps the Cavaliers get back to the Finals, then they take their shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 2706

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Bron in finals again. They will destroy Boston
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 119944
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
governator wrote:
Cavs it is

D.Rose/D.Wade/I.Thomas/J.Crowder (plus Nets pick) vs Kyrie

did the Cavs got better? (Kyrie is the best of those names)

Collectively I do think the Cavs got better because they have more depth, and presumably, it's also quality depth (barring injuries, of course). With the amount of talent the Cavs have and how abysmal the East is, they should cruise through the RS. The one thing they may end up missing Kyrie most for is his ability to close out games, but that shouldn't be much of an issue for them until the playoffs.


Last season the Cavs were missing a playmaker when Lebron sat, Kyrie couldnít do that. If Rose or Wade can, they got better.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24998

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
governator wrote:
Cavs it is

D.Rose/D.Wade/I.Thomas/J.Crowder (plus Nets pick) vs Kyrie

did the Cavs got better? (Kyrie is the best of those names)

Collectively I do think the Cavs got better because they have more depth, and presumably, it's also quality depth (barring injuries, of course). With the amount of talent the Cavs have and how abysmal the East is, they should cruise through the RS. The one thing they may end up missing Kyrie most for is his ability to close out games, but that shouldn't be much of an issue for them until the playoffs.


Last season the Cavs were missing a playmaker when Lebron sat, Kyrie couldnít do that. If Rose or Wade can, they got better.



I forgot they got Rose. Hard to see anyone beating Golden State, but injuries and weird stuff happen.

Once (and big if) everyone is healthy they have a deep roster, especially in the guard and small forward spots.

Thomas, Rose, Wade, Smith, Korver and Shumpert is a pretty good guard rotation, though defense could be a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 3674
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

This seems to make Cle the favorites to reach the championship series again. But if IT will be out for a long time and his injury will affect his effectiveness for a while, then maybe not. Wade will help them remain potent when Lebron is resting, plus he will be their clutch go to guy since Lebron has never been willing to be that guy consistently.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24998

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
This seems to make Cle the favorites to reach the championship series again. But if IT will be out for a long time and his injury will affect his effectiveness for a while, then maybe not. Wade will help them remain potent when Lebron is resting, plus he will be their clutch go to guy since Lebron has never been willing to be that guy consistently.



Even if you toss IT out of the equation, the Cavs adding Wade, Rose and Crowder while losing Irving might be a net gain. The real question is how all the pieces will fit together.

Of course the same is true with Boston. They jettisoned their top three guys in terms of minutes played last year so they are almost an entirely different team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1571

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
This seems to make Cle the favorites to reach the championship series again. But if IT will be out for a long time and his injury will affect his effectiveness for a while, then maybe not. Wade will help them remain potent when Lebron is resting, plus he will be their clutch go to guy since Lebron has never been willing to be that guy consistently.



Even if you toss IT out of the equation, the Cavs adding Wade, Rose and Crowder while losing Irving might be a net gain. The real question is how all the pieces will fit together.

Of course the same is true with Boston. They jettisoned their top three guys in terms of minutes played last year so they are almost an entirely different team.


Barring anything catastrophic, they will cake-walk to the ECF and almost be assured another trip to the finals because Cleveland is at least arguably better than last year. No one else in the East really upgraded their roster in a meaningful way. For Cleveland, I think their only concerns are getting/remaining healthy and their talent being able to mesh to beat GSW. They can and should breeze through the Eastern playoffs on sheer talent and depth alone.

I know some of these guys are long in the tooth, but they are pretty stacked in the depth department.

Thomas/Rose/Calderon
Wade/Smith/Shumpert
Lebron/Crowder/Green
Love/Jefferson/Frye
Thompson/Zizic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 3674
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
This seems to make Cle the favorites to reach the championship series again. But if IT will be out for a long time and his injury will affect his effectiveness for a while, then maybe not. Wade will help them remain potent when Lebron is resting, plus he will be their clutch go to guy since Lebron has never been willing to be that guy consistently.



Even if you toss IT out of the equation, the Cavs adding Wade, Rose and Crowder while losing Irving might be a net gain. The real question is how all the pieces will fit together.

Of course the same is true with Boston. They jettisoned their top three guys in terms of minutes played last year so they are almost an entirely different team.


Barring anything catastrophic, they will cake-walk to the ECF and almost be assured another trip to the finals because Cleveland is at least arguably better than last year. No one else in the East really upgraded their roster in a meaningful way. For Cleveland, I think their only concerns are getting/remaining healthy and their talent being able to mesh to beat GSW. They can and should breeze through the Eastern playoffs on sheer talent and depth alone.

I know some of these guys are long in the tooth, but they are pretty stacked in the depth department.

Thomas/Rose/Calderon
Wade/Smith/Shumpert
Lebron/Crowder/Green
Love/Jefferson/Frye
Thompson/Zizic

I agree that if healthy they are stacked. But it looks like IT will be out a while to start the season. What if Rose gets hurt while IT is still out? What if IT is still hampered well after he comes back? From what they were saying about IT earlier in the summer it doesn't seem like it's a given they'll be in the finals, especially with Lebron supposedly having one foot out the door all season.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24998

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
This seems to make Cle the favorites to reach the championship series again. But if IT will be out for a long time and his injury will affect his effectiveness for a while, then maybe not. Wade will help them remain potent when Lebron is resting, plus he will be their clutch go to guy since Lebron has never been willing to be that guy consistently.



Even if you toss IT out of the equation, the Cavs adding Wade, Rose and Crowder while losing Irving might be a net gain. The real question is how all the pieces will fit together.

Of course the same is true with Boston. They jettisoned their top three guys in terms of minutes played last year so they are almost an entirely different team.


Barring anything catastrophic, they will cake-walk to the ECF and almost be assured another trip to the finals because Cleveland is at least arguably better than last year. No one else in the East really upgraded their roster in a meaningful way. For Cleveland, I think their only concerns are getting/remaining healthy and their talent being able to mesh to beat GSW. They can and should breeze through the Eastern playoffs on sheer talent and depth alone.

I know some of these guys are long in the tooth, but they are pretty stacked in the depth department.

Thomas/Rose/Calderon
Wade/Smith/Shumpert
Lebron/Crowder/Green
Love/Jefferson/Frye
Thompson/Zizic

I agree that if healthy they are stacked. But it looks like IT will be out a while to start the season. What if Rose gets hurt while IT is still out? What if IT is still hampered well after he comes back? From what they were saying about IT earlier in the summer it doesn't seem like it's a given they'll be in the finals, especially with Lebron supposedly having one foot out the door all season.


Even if you took Thomas and Rose off the team, I think they'd still make the eastern conference finals. The only team I see standing in their way is Boston.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 14099
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

Wade already talking about wanting to return to Miami the day of his signing with Cleveland.

Fortunately for Cavs fans it won't cost the team $15 million for another change of heart.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24998

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Wade already talking about wanting to return to Miami the day of his signing with Cleveland.

Fortunately for Cavs fans it won't cost the team $15 million for another change of heart.




I don't see what the big deal is. He just said that he wanted to retire in a heat uniform. I doubt that really surprises many people. He's on the Cavs on a one-year contract and everyone knows he'll be gone as soon as LeBron leaves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 81777

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

This team wins the ECF most likely.

I don't think they beat the Warriors.

They still lack shooting if they want to lean on Rose/Wade/Green, and even Crowder.
_________________
"You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it."

-Kobe to G.Hayward
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 1698
Location: SoCal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Not surprised that OKC didn't land Wade. But, they needed him to have any legit chance of being in contention in the deep West. I know Roberson gives them defense. But, massive divide between him and Wade in playingmaking, points and just overall hoops IQ.

I think the Cavs with the addition of Wade will be pretty strong this year regardless of what happens with IT. But, if he can come back healthy for the 2nd half of the season, that will be a huge boost to their shooting as well as having someone else to step up and make plays. I also think a lot of fans are sleeping on the impact that Crowder will provide.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB