Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Trudell has been incredibly supportive of me and is part of the reason I'm in the building. Slander him elsewhere, KIROE!

Loll na Trudell is fun and awesome, impossible not to like the guy. And extra super bonus points for being welcoming to you , you have the respect of all of the Laker media - that's how people move up man! Dont be surprised when you get the call up !
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Over/under GT becoming a part of the Spectrum/TWC (whatever it's called) crew in 3 years?

under

I don't believe you.

They'd have to make me a ridiculous offer for me to even consider it. I value my freedom a lot more than I value money.

That's the best way to be. Sports Media is a very demanding industry that can take a toll on you

I'm not gonna make it if I approach this like a conventional media member. I don't act like a sports anchor and I certainly don't look like one. I'm gonna make it with populist backing where people say THIS is the type of media coverage that I want and I'm willing to pay a couple of bucks per month to get it.

100 Pete! And you'll be a thousand times happier in the process because you don't have to compromise your methods or style.

That's what so awesome about platforms like Twitter & YouTube today. Gives us a lot more power to determine what kind of content WE like. Not what some producer or executive somewhere THINKS we want. It's why you've been highly successful thus far Pete and I'm proud to know your roots man. People like what you produce. You present actual basketball in a fun, creative way without the tacky TMZ-ish elements that are so prevalent today
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: lonzo so far so good.

i will feel better though after he is done playing the clips opening night. the main PG that I am really concerned about Lonzo playing is Pat Beverly and he gets him opening night. PB can be a real A-hole and will try to make Lonzo look bad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: lonzo so far so good.

autoprt wrote:
i will feel better though after he is done playing the clips opening night. the main PG that I am really concerned about Lonzo playing is Pat Beverly and he gets him opening night. PB can be a real A-hole and will try to make Lonzo look bad.

Just to cheer you up, Pat B is more of a annoying defensive PG when it comes to guarding ISO guys, players who like holding the ball and trying to score in bunches, I don't think Beverly knows the rude awakening that's coming from Lonzo, his passes are gonna be hard to stop.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: lonzo so far so good.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
autoprt wrote:

Just to cheer you up, Pat B is more of a annoying defensive PG when it comes to guarding ISO guys, players who like holding the ball and trying to score in bunches, I don't think Beverly knows the rude awakening that's coming from Lonzo, his passes are gonna be hard to stop.

ok i hope you're right....it's weird out of all the pg's in the league he concerns me the most.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: lonzo so far so good.

autoprt wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
autoprt wrote:

ok i hope you're right....it's weird out of all the pg's in the league he concerns me the most.

thankfully, most of the players on the team are versatile and skilled, not a pure scorer for Beverly to annoy.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The thing that's stood out to me most about this incredible week has been the difference between being there when something was said, and then seeing the various articles, quotes, tweets, etc. that come out of it. Some are accurately depicted, but many others omit context for the sake of making it more sound more sensational.

Not gonna give any examples or anything cuz that wouldn't be wise, but I can see why a lot of athletes and coaches aren't cool with the media.

The initial tweets about Zo's team going 3-0 without a starter, not mentioning who they were playing. Or about how Randle can't take the ball himself. Those two examples come to mind. Around this time of the year, I usually watch the interviews rather than just read the tweets. Seen it enough now to take most tweets with a grain of salt.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The thing that's stood out to me most about this incredible week has been the difference between being there when something was said, and then seeing the various articles, quotes, tweets, etc. that come out of it. Some are accurately depicted, but many others omit context for the sake of making it more sound more sensational.

Not gonna give any examples or anything cuz that wouldn't be wise, but I can see why a lot of athletes and coaches aren't cool with the media.

The initial tweets about Zo's team going 3-0 without a starter, not mentioning who they were playing. Or about how Randle can't take the ball himself. Those two examples come to mind. Around this time of the year, I usually watch the interviews rather than just read the tweets. Seen it enough now to take most tweets with a grain of salt.

Yup
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

It’s funny you mention this because it seems to me that the people here on LG or exactly what you’re describing in your post too many advance scounts with opinions 😂
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

GT the people’s choice for Lakers coverage. Viva GT!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

On the other hand, this is what makes my profession so fun sometimes...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

^Especially this year. I actually think that's more of a reflection of there being a shorter training camp and it being much more structured (from what I gather) than last year.

And, yes, you are part of the fold now. Have to respect the fraternity.

Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

People want to hear news from the Lakers - or any other team, for that matter - and if nothing special happens during the day, you take an ordinary event and put some makeup on it to look special.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

My video on last night's game.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/01/laker-film-room-timberwolves-108-lakers-99/
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/01/laker-film-room-timberwolves-108-lakers-99/

Thanks GT. It's nice that your video seems to confirm my impressions watching live, although I think Ball looked just as mediocre on video as he did live. Very reminiscent of his first summer league game.

Two things which stood out live and from your video - (1) you could tell that Ingram is working on his shot, but its going to be inconsistent and likely correlated to his fatigue (i.e. he reverts a bit when he has less energy); and (2) Zubac's perimeter defense (hedging on those pick and rolls, getting down in a nice defensive stance when matched up against a wing) was very, very encouraging.

Last night was probably Zubac's best game of his career, taking into account the defensive impact he had as well. Not only did he reverse his summer league performance, but he showed growth from last season. That's as much as you'd like to see. Nance better watch out. The combination of Zu and Kuzma may take all of his minutes behind Randle and Lopez.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Last night was probably Zubac's best game of his career, taking into account the defensive impact he had as well. Not only did he reverse his summer league performance, but he showed growth from last season. That's as much as you'd like to see. Nance better watch out. The combination of Zu and Kuzma may take all of his minutes behind Randle and Lopez.

Very happy to see Zu regain that agility and versatile play. The guy we saw in SL would be out of the league pretty quickly.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Ingram had a lot of defensive highlights, when you count contests as well. Would you say he had a good defensive game for an NBA wing? I thought I saw him miss 2 rotations, don't really remember though
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ingram had a lot of defensive highlights, when you count contests as well. Would you say he had a good defensive game for an NBA wing? I thought I saw him miss 2 rotations, don't really remember though

Yeah, I thought Ingram had an overall positive impact on the defensive end. Thought he was better in the 2nd half than he was in the 1st.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Thanks GT. It's nice that your video seems to confirm my impressions watching live, although I think Ball looked just as mediocre on video as he did live. Very reminiscent of his first summer league game.

Two things which stood out live and from your video - (1) you could tell that Ingram is working on his shot, but its going to be inconsistent and likely correlated to his fatigue (i.e. he reverts a bit when he has less energy); and (2) Zubac's perimeter defense (hedging on those pick and rolls, getting down in a nice defensive stance when matched up against a wing) was very, very encouraging.

Yeah, I don't think Lonzo had much of a positive impact on that game.

Very curious to see the big rotation too. I asked "so whose job does Kuzma take by the end of the season?" on Twitter, and Randle was the overwhelming answer. I thought it kind of spoke to how teflon Nance is. He was freaking terrible yesterday. Nance is one of our more reliable defenders though.

IDK, I think they'd be wise to move a big for some help at the 2/3. I'd be fine with any of them moving other than Kuzma, really.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Great content as always, I didn't really pay attention to Ingram at all defensively aside from the one play where he got beat backdoor by Butler. Was pleasantly surprised to see the defensive highlights in your video.

Overall thoughts on Randle's game?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Great content as always, I didn't really pay attention to Ingram at all defensively aside from the one play where he got beat backdoor by Butler. Was pleasantly surprised to see the defensive highlights in your video.

I thought Randle was solid offensively, especially considering the restrictions placed on him in transition. Had a great outlet to KCP that led to free throws and had another one that was a really good idea, but seemed to get caught on the palm of his hand as he was throwing it and ended up as a turnover. It was the right read, which is encouraging.

I thought his two 3-pointers looked God-awful.

Defensively, I was frustrated watching him close out poorly, allowing Towns to drill a couple of 3's.

Honestly, he looked like mostly the same guy to me but it's still early.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:

I thought Randle was solid offensively, especially considering the restrictions placed on him in transition. Had a great outlet to KCP that led to free throws and had another one that was a really good idea, but seemed to get caught on the palm of his hand as he was throwing it and ended up as a turnover. It was the right read, which is encouraging.

I thought his two 3-pointers looked God-awful.

Defensively, I was frustrated watching him close out poorly, allowing Towns to drill a couple of 3's.

Honestly, he looked like mostly the same guy to me but it's still early.

Essentially, he looked liked the same player to me as well. I'd love for him to play small-ball 5. He has the ability to, IMO. His ability to hit the mid-range looked good, and that's at 5 even in this era where 3's are the more efficient shot.

I liked what you said about moving one of the PF's, though for a 2/3. That might need to happen. And moving them prefer for a 2/3 who can shoot.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Well-done on the video as well. Excellent job.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I thought Randle rotated better inside the perimeter, while, yes, he left Towns open too often. I liked that you saw some right hand finishes and a smoother mid-range jump shot. However, those plusses are offset by some ball stopping and those two god awful 3pt attempts.

When I see someone short 3s like that, its either they are a bad shooter, overthinking the shot or have fatigue in their arms. I'm hoping its one of the latter two scenarios - based on some of the makes Randle had late last season and how hard he worked on his shot this offseason, I think there is still some reason for optimism that his 3pt shooting in game 1 was a fluke.

Really, if you look at just about every starter, none of them escaped looking great - you could say that out of the starting 5, Randle played the best. That's something.

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks GT. I didn't watch any replays, great to see your breakdown on these 4 players games.

VERY encouraged, on the replay, by how much more mobile Zubac appears to be on defense. Watching live I missed the play where he backed Gibson or whoever it was all the way to the mid court stripe.

Everyone loves the game Kuzma had, but I also think Tyler Ennis opened some eyes. I've always thought he's a real solid backup PG and I was very happy with his game last night. Did the refs even call a foul when he got his jersey torn by a TWolf grabbing it from behind?

I didn't watch Ingram's defense last night - glad you included a nice breakdown of his game on that side of the ball.

I'll be curious of your impressions of Randle's team defense whenever the time comes for you to give him a look.

And KCP is still a mystery to me, he seemed a bit invisible. Just one game though so too early to read too much into that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 34 of 93
Jump to: