Former Lakers coach Byron Scott loses $220 K in jewelry, watches in heist

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Former Lakers coach Byron Scott loses $220 K in jewelry, watches in heist

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/10/01/former-lakers-coach-byron-scott-loses-220k-in-jewelry-watches-in-heist/

Quote:
Former Lakers coach Byron Scott loses $220K in jewelry, watches in heist

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police say an estimated $200,000 in watches, jewelry, high-end purses and cash were stolen from the home of former Los Angeles Lakers coach Byron Scott, who now does some analysis work for the Lakers’ cable network in L.A.

The break-in at Scott’s Hermosa Beach house is the latest in a string of burglaries to hit celebrities in the Los Angeles area, including Nicki Minaj and Alanis Morissette.

Police who arrived at the house at 1:30 p.m. Saturday found a patio door had been forced open.

The beachfront city is about 20 miles (32 kilometers) southwest of downtown Los Angeles.

Sgt. Robert Higgins told the Los Angeles Times that investigators don’t know if the burglary is related to others targeting celebrities.

The break-in is believed to have happened during an eight-hour period while Scott was away from his home.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

Straight out of GTA5
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

Horrible news, hopes he gets it back. Thats a fortune worth of merchandise.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

That sucks
LakersTv247
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Nicki Minaj , Alanis Morissette and Byron Scott none of who Man'ed up
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and jewelry inside your house

too cheap to install a $200 security camera system
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

Still nothing compared to ththe 17 million dollar heist he pulled off on this franchise...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

I would never store that much jewelry in a house without a secure safe

but then again this is Byron scott lol
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Still nothing compared to ththe 17 million dollar heist he pulled off on this franchise...

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Seems like this trend has really grown in the last decade or so. There were even that group of teens who robbed some singer's house. I always root for the shooting deaths of robbers/burglars by the homeowners. Absent of that, they know full well a house without a guard post is a much softer target. There was a surveillance snippet of a convo between two perps whose bag was rich folk robbery/burglary and they were talking about an NFL coach who didn't have guards out front. I wanna think they were the ones who waited for Kristin Ledlow of NBA TV to get home from work. Either that or I heard it right after she was robbed (lucky to escape with just that, btw).
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

I never feel sorry for the 1% when it comes to money. I hope he never gets his money back.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
al242 wrote:

I never feel sorry for the 1% when it comes to money. I hope he never gets his money back.

I'm of the mindset that the rich take unfair advantage of the poor (i.e. Walmart vs their employees), but your comment seems very strange to me...
LakersTv247
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
al242 wrote:

That's why You only strive to be in the Top 2%
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersTv247 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
al242 wrote:

That's why You only strive to be in the Top 2%

Haha I'm still reaching to get in that bracket but if i was a part of the 1%. I dont expect anyone to feel sorry for me if I lost it
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Byron has a nice home, with security systems galore. When he hosted a big dinner for our food & wine bunch (Conejo Vinecrawlers) a decade back, his temperature-controlled wine room had more elaborate security on it than my house. Jeez.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Jewelry? Man up, Byron.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
al242 wrote:

I'm of the mindset that the rich take unfair advantage of the poor (i.e. Walmart vs their employees), but your comment seems very strange to me...

Agreed- Byron was a blue collar union employee, not a blueblood 1%er so I don't begrudge him his things, he certainly worked hard for them.

That said there is a thing called voting and not a lot of people do it, usually around 50% election turnout or less. If we think that the 1%ers have too much money, which they do, we need to go out and vote to put progressive politicians in office- not break into their houses and steal their stuff.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
al242 wrote:

Agreed- Byron was a blue collar union employee, not a blueblood 1%er so I don't begrudge him his things, he certainly worked hard for them.

That said there is a thing called voting and not a lot of people do it, usually around 50% election turnout or less. If we think that the 1%ers have too much money, which they do, we need to go out and vote to put progressive politicians in office- not break into their houses and steal their stuff.

Man I'm going to get hit hard by the go usa voting crowd but voting doesn't really matter, it's something some people do on election day to make themselves feel like they have some control but it's just an illusion, statically speaking it has no meaning
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
al242 wrote:

Man I'm going to get hit hard by the go usa voting crowd but voting doesn't really matter, it's something some people do on election day to make themselves feel like they have some control but it's just an illusion, statically speaking it has no meaning

You are entitled to your opinion- but if everyone feels this way, then no one shows up to vote and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. And the 1%ers continue to take us to the cleaners.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
al242 wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion- but if everyone feels this way, then no one shows up to vote and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. And the 1%ers continue to take us to the cleaners.

You're vote not making a difference isnt opinion, if you go by stats its a fact.

Imo no one showing up to the polls would have a much bigger impact on the country. Could you imagne the next day when no one showed up to the polls. Thats when some really change would happen.

Edit: Its not a good thing to promote not voting but on some prescribed strong drugs to improve a temporary physical issues and its making me really argumentative and aggressive. I'm going to post less while im on this

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Jewelry? Man up, Byron.

my immediate thoughts... what is a self proclaimed old school guy doing with that much value in jewelry
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
levon wrote:
Jewelry? Man up, Byron.

my immediate thoughts... what is a self proclaimed old school guy doing with that much value in jewelry

There was also the mention of high-end purses. Unless Byron was in the habit of carrying a man-purse, I guessing some of the jewelry belonged to a lady or ladies.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I always root for the shooting deaths of robbers/burglars by the homeowners.

Same here. Especially when you live with women and children, I would hate to think of my loved ones being alone when some stranger bursts in.

You step on my turf, you die.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
levon wrote:
Jewelry? Man up, Byron.

There was also the mention of high-end purses. Unless Byron was in the habit of carrying a man-purse, I guessing some of the jewelry belonged to a lady or ladies.

If it turns out Byron dresses in drag, I would die of happiness and irony.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: