Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
My video on last night's game.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/01/laker-film-room-timberwolves-108-lakers-99/

Thanks GT. It's nice that your video seems to confirm my impressions watching live, although I think Ball looked just as mediocre on video as he did live. Very reminiscent of his first summer league game.

Two things which stood out live and from your video - (1) you could tell that Ingram is working on his shot, but its going to be inconsistent and likely correlated to his fatigue (i.e. he reverts a bit when he has less energy); and (2) Zubac's perimeter defense (hedging on those pick and rolls, getting down in a nice defensive stance when matched up against a wing) was very, very encouraging.

Last night was probably Zubac's best game of his career, taking into account the defensive impact he had as well. Not only did he reverse his summer league performance, but he showed growth from last season. That's as much as you'd like to see. Nance better watch out. The combination of Zu and Kuzma may take all of his minutes behind Randle and Lopez.

Yeah, I don't think Lonzo had much of a positive impact on that game.

Very curious to see the big rotation too. I asked "so whose job does Kuzma take by the end of the season?" on Twitter, and Randle was the overwhelming answer. I thought it kind of spoke to how teflon Nance is. He was freaking terrible yesterday. Nance is one of our more reliable defenders though.

IDK, I think they'd be wise to move a big for some help at the 2/3. I'd be fine with any of them moving other than Kuzma, really.

Have you at all thought of a realistic trade target for Nance or Randle? Nothing is coming to my mind, but I don't have a great knowledge of other teams' benches/young players.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Superb analysis GT!

I wonder if KK will steal many minutes from BI this season - he sure looked like the lakers best SF on the floor last night!
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

My other take away from this game is similar to GT. I thought the lakers got spotty play last night from their 4's. Although Randall obviously has talent, his game needs to change. When the ball was passed to him at the post, it was like the ball movement just stopped. Rather than look to move the ball around to his teammates, he found it necessary to go 1 on 1 and make a play (shoot). That style wont work well with this team, and either he fixes this or else I predict he is gone via trade before the trade deadline!

As for Nance, his offense was dreadful last night. He has to knock down open 15 footers or else his defender will drop off him to help others or force him to drive, not what his game is. Not much else to say.

Now its only one game, and things most likely change - but Randall specifically needs to retool his game and fast!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
My other take away from this game is similar to GT. I thought the lakers got spotty play last night from their 4's. Although Randall obviously has talent, his game needs to change. When the ball was passed to him at the post, it was like the ball movement just stopped. Rather than look to move the ball around to his teammates, he found it necessary to go 1 on 1 and make a play (shoot). That style wont work well with this team, and either he fixes this or else I predict he is gone via trade before the trade deadline!

As for Nance, his offense was dreadful last night. He has to knock down open 15 footers or else his defender will drop off him to help others or force him to drive, not what his game is. Not much else to say.

Now its only one game, and things most likely change - but Randall specifically needs to retool his game and fast!

We have someone on our team named Randall?
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ingram had a lot of defensive highlights, when you count contests as well. Would you say he had a good defensive game for an NBA wing? I thought I saw him miss 2 rotations, don't really remember though

Yeah, I thought Ingram had an overall positive impact on the defensive end. Thought he was better in the 2nd half than he was in the 1st.

watching live, i swear to god if ingram would just keep his hands extended when he's in weakside defense he'd get at least 5 additional deflections a game. dude keeps his hands down instead of out and i counted at least 3 passes that he could have stolen if his hands were in position.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:

We have someone on our team named Randall?

Maybe we should - he might be better than Randle.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

GT, if you happen to talk to Randle, please ask him why he isn't taking wide open 3s when players are sagging off of him and daring him to shoot. You can ask him why he spent all summer working on his 3pt shot if he's not confident enough to shoot them?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GT, if you happen to talk to Randle, please ask him why he isn't taking wide open 3s when players are sagging off of him and daring him to shoot. You can ask him why he spent all summer working on his 3pt shot if he's not confident enough to shoot them?

I saw one instance of that late in the 4th. He was in like a very squared, jump-spot position looking at a passing read -- think it was more of a passing read than not wanting to shoot that shot anymore
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

In that first game against Minny I counted two Randle isos. One in the flow of the O where he converted a mid range fadeaway and the other where the offense broke down and he found himself with the ball and a dying shot clock. Any others?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject:

Lakers fall to the Nuggets, 113-107

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/04/laker-film-room-nuggets-113-lakers-107/
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakers fall to the Nuggets, 113-107

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/04/laker-film-room-nuggets-113-lakers-107/

I really dig the interview audio mixed into the tape.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

Good video GT - Good to hear comments from Luke that Randle is getting his help defense down in practice. In my mind that should be one of his top priorities. Interesting interview comment from Randle that you included. He mentions how his role change on ball handling means he expends less energy and puts it in a positive light, I would think that would help him on close outs especially late in the game?

Ingram seems to have lost all confidence in his jump shot. Too much spotlight as our designated leading scorer?

One thing I noticed in your Kuzma highlights is just how intelligent he is on the bb floor. He looks like so much more than just a good shooter. He can also facilitate and keep the offense flowing, and he really helps the ball handler with his off ball movement. I think his defense will come along nicely given some time and development.

Any idea when Hart's hammy is gonna let him play?
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Good video GT - Good to hear comments from Luke that Randle is getting his help defense down in practice. In my mind that should be one of his top priorities. Interesting interview comment from Randle that you included. He mentions how his role change on ball handling means he expends less energy and puts it in a positive light, I would think that would help him on close outs especially late in the game?

Ingram seems to have lost all confidence in his jump shot. Too much spotlight as our designated leading scorer?

One thing I noticed in your Kuzma highlights is just how intelligent he is on the bb floor. He looks like so much more than just a good shooter. He can also facilitate and keep the offense flowing, and he really helps the ball handler with his off ball movement. I think his defense will come along nicely given some time and development.

Yeah I'd like to see a little Hart out there, and maybe that will increase the pulse of this team.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Not sure. He looks fine when I see him in practice so IDK. I can ask Luke for an update today if they make him available to the press.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

GT, youtube blocked your content?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
GT, youtube blocked your content?

Broadband TV (the NBA's digital content provider) has been taking down my videos while simultaneously emailing me every week to try to partner with me. Talk about strong arm tactics.

I wouldn't have a problem partnering with them if they actually let me have access to game footage, but they just want to give me Top 10 highlights and I can't work with that. I'm disputing it under Fair Use but that's gonna be a process.

That's why the Patreon & Venmo stuff is really important...I can't make money off of the videos while they're doing that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton talks Lakers 3-point defense

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/04/laker-film-room-luke-walton-talks-lakers-3-point-defense/
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Luke Walton talks Lakers 3-point defense

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/04/laker-film-room-luke-walton-talks-lakers-3-point-defense/

I'm assuming we will do something for Lopez/Bogut/Zubac when we play pick and pop centers?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Very excited to listen to the Kuzmania ep once I'm off work. I'm all in
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

A better question for GT would be to ask Randle why he is standing out at the 3 point line when hes proven he CANT shoot them with any consistency!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

Podcast: Kuzmania

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/06/lakers-podcast-kuzmania/
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

Lmao.. that picture of Kuzma with the wings of a Pegasus shooting great balls of fire
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Very good podcast as always. Very informative, covered a lot of different topics from players to coaches. Good listen, thanks.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Great Podcast! Start the Kuz
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Lmao.. that picture of Kuzma with the wings of a Pegasus shooting great balls of fire

I know! I've been wanting that as my new avi, but LG has been temperamental with allowing links from other sites it seems.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 35 of 93
Jump to: