Summer League Team definitely more exciting than Official Team (Ball Stoppers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Things change when you play against actual NBA players

While this is true, it's also a function of lineups. Who was Lonzo sharing the court with in SPL? Kuzma, Thomas, Blue, Bryant, Caruso. We had shooting all over the floor. He started the game last night with Ingram, Randle, and Zubac.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
Lakers seriously need to bench Randle and start Kuzma at PF. Enough is enough after how many years now?? 3yrs? Randle is not a starter material.

It's preseason. Too soon to get worked up about who's starting and who's coming off the bench. I'm not a fan of Randle, but Kuzma could go through lots of ups and downs before the season is over.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The semi-SPL 2nd team with Kuzma/Bryant/Blue/Ennis has actually outplayed these real NBA teams twice now.

thank you.

Do you really think in the regular season that a team like the Nuggets wouldn’t be playing their starters in the 4th? Last night both teams were playing guys in the 4th who likely won’t see much regular season playing time. But hey, our scrubs are better than yours.

Why? Did our bench, our 2nd unit only play in the 4th quarter?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

really??
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
really??

Yup like the thread title says "more exciting".
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I didn't see Jordan Clarkson stopping the ball. He was actually moving the ball really well. Now Ingram and randle are another story.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

While this is true, it's also a function of lineups. Who was Lonzo sharing the court with in SPL? Kuzma, Thomas, Blue, Bryant, Caruso. We had shooting all over the floor. He started the game last night with Ingram, Randle, and Zubac.

Ya know, this whole time I had been thinking about our talent individually. Like oh, Ingram, has the potential to do this and that. Randle, this and that.

I never really placed them together but you are right. None of these are catch and shoot type guys. Of the 3 maybe zubac.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Luke keeps praising Julius and I can't help but think he's the main ball stopper on offense. I guess his defense is better? But i really don't see that either. A shooter at 4 would be a much better compliment to Ball.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

It's Lakers dilemma lately: our roster, especially starting unit not fit our basketball philosophy
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Luke keeps praising Julius and I can't help but think he's the main ball stopper on offense. I guess his defense is better? But i really don't see that either. A shooter at 4 would be a much better compliment to Ball.

I guess Luke is going to forever ignore his screen setting. In which year does this become a priority?
G_DawgLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

re: SPL We should've kept Matt Thomas. His 60% 3PT shooting would translate to a 40+ NBA % (i.e. wide open 3's are wide open 3's -- see Kuzma).

I totally agree w/ comment about Ingram and Randle being ball stoppers. Both are trying way to hard to be "the man." They need to be humbled. I'd bring both off the bench to start the year in favor of team ball.

My lineup after 2 preseason games (subject to change):

1st Unit - I like the mix of 3 vets with 2 rookies (Ingram and Randle both still play like rookies, so I'm moving them to the 2nd team):
C Lopez
F Deng
F Kuzma
G KCP
G Ball
--
2nd Unit - Again I like the mix of vets and young players/rookies:
C Bogut or Bryant depending on matchups
F Randle
F Ingram
G Brewer
G Caruso or Ennis depending on matchups

Doghouse:
Nance, Zubac, Clarkson - along with Randle, these 3 have been rotation players for our past few losing seasons, and that is not a coincidence. Their weaknesses are glaring. Zubac has a chance still but needs more time to develop (maybe in D League).
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

G_DawgLA wrote:
re: SPL We should've kept Matt Thomas. His 60% 3PT shooting would translate to a 40+ NBA % (i.e. wide open 3's are wide open 3's -- see Kuzma).

I totally agree w/ comment about Ingram and Randle being ball stoppers. Both are trying way to hard to be "the man." They need to be humbled. I'd bring both off the bench to start the year in favor of team ball.

1st Unit - I like the mix of 3 vets with 2 rookies (Ingram and Randle both still play like rookies, so I'm moving them to the 2nd team):
C Lopez
F Deng
F Kuzma
G KCP
G Ball
--
F Randle
F Ingram
G Brewer

Doghouse:
Nance, Zubac, Clarkson - along with Randle, these 3 have been rotation players for our past few losing seasons, and that is not a coincidence. Their weaknesses are glaring. Zubac has a chance still but needs more time to develop (maybe in D League).

The only problem with this lineup is that you will have serious rebounding issues. Kuzma as of now is a suspect rebounder to be a guy as tall as he is and as mobile as he is. all he can do is score. which is a good thing but thats all he can do right now.

Lopez has always been allergic to boards, thats the one thing he can't do and has never done for a guy his size.

when we make the other team miss, whats going to stop them from getting an offensive board and going back up with it?

if we miss a shot whats going to stop us from being one and done every time we brick with no chance of an offensive rebound?

This is what happens if/when you sit randle.

You can't have a solid defense without rebounding. rebounding is the end of a defensive play assuming you're not making the other team turn it over. which most times you're not. most great defenses will make you miss a lot and turn it over sometimes.

you have to retrieve those misses or else you just wasted a ton of energy playing defense for nothing.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
G_DawgLA wrote:

C Lopez
F Deng
F Kuzma
G KCP
G Ball
--
F Randle
F Ingram
G Brewer

Doghouse:

The only problem with this lineup is that you will have serious rebounding issues. Kuzma as of now is a suspect rebounder to be a guy as tall as he is and as mobile as he is. all he can do is score. which is a good thing but thats all he can do right now.

Lopez has always been allergic to boards, thats the one thing he can't do and has never done for a guy his size.

when we make the other team miss, whats going to stop them from getting an offensive board and going back up with it?

if we miss a shot whats going to stop us from being one and done every time we brick with no chance of an offensive rebound?

This is what happens if/when you sit randle.

You can't have a solid defense without rebounding. rebounding is the end of a defensive play assuming you're not making the other team turn it over. which most times you're not. most great defenses will make you miss a lot and turn it over sometimes.

you have to retrieve those misses or else you just wasted a ton of energy playing defense for nothing.

Not necessarily true. The championship 2013-2014 Miami Heat team were 29th in rebounding rate yet in 5th defensive efficiency.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: