*** Preseason Game 3 *** Nuggets at Lakers 10/4/17 7:00 PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
problem is Luke and his coaching.

Come on brother. Magic and pelinka and all these nice guys and Luke are gonna be fantastic, remember?
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

Hart did well too, he should take all of Clarksons mins
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

need to get a good defensive coach on board quickly...
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Team of the 80's wrote:
When it all said and done the post-Jim Buss era draft picks will be supplanted by the Magic era rookies. DLO (gone),Randle, JC, Nance, ZU, and maybe even BI have all been disappointing when compared to the young talent you see on other teams. How bad does it look for them to see Kuzma make at least three of the players I mentioned look like they don't even belong in the NBA?

I mentioned something similar earlier. So where did it go wrong? Did we just draft the wrong players? Is/was it a bad player development staff?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Come on brother. Magic and pelinka and all these nice guys and Luke are gonna be fantastic, remember?

Magic not gonna have much patience for Luke bro coaching.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

huh? just telling it as i am seeing it. same was for Mitch/Jim
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to love Luke's post game interview. LUCY! YOU HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO!!!
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Magic not gonna have much patience for Luke bro coaching.

they literally have no clue how to defend.

the guy from the perimeter goes to help the guy who is driving/closer to the basket. when the heck is that
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Hart looked shaky at first, but then settled in real nice and played well on both ends of the court to end the game. Two things to keep in mind:

1) He's had even less time to practice in training camp because of the hamstring,

2) He looked real good to end the game against Denver's 4th stringers.

Good to see him hustling on defense at the end, and nailing his open shots once he warmed up.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
I'm going to love Luke's post game interview. LUCY! YOU HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO!!!

As long as he knows what he's doing then it doesn't matter what he says, teams are known during the season and with that in mind..

Denver doesn't have the history we do, there legacy is the preseason.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Why is this the first they let Zim on the floor? He should've had more play time.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

start him!!!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hart looked shaky at first, but then settled in real nice and played well on both ends of the court to end the game. Two things to keep in mind:

1) He's had even less time to practice in training camp because of the hamstring,

2) He looked real good to end the game against Denver's 4th stringers.

Good to see him hustling on defense at the end, and nailing his open shots once he warmed up.

I'm hopeful for Hart, but hard to judge his game today since most of his production came in garbage time against third stringers and camp fodder. He needs more time against better comp. if Clarkson doesn't show much more soon, then hopefully Hart can steal his spot from him.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:

As long as he knows what he's doing then it doesn't matter what he says, teams are known during the season and with that in mind..

Keep living in the past buddy. They have 70 more wins than us in the last 5 season.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:

how long are you going to live on your legacy? thats why the last 2 guys got fired
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
When it all said and done the post-Jim Buss era draft picks will be supplanted by the Magic era rookies. DLO (gone),Randle, JC, Nance, ZU, and maybe even BI have all been disappointing when compared to the young talent you see on other teams. How bad does it look for them to see Kuzma make at least three of the players I mentioned look like they don't even belong in the NBA?

I mentioned something similar earlier. So where did it go wrong? Did we just draft the wrong players? Is/was it a bad player development staff?

Probably a little of both. Part of the problem is that they don't play the way GS and the rest of the modern NBA teams want to play. Randle is an iso player with bad BBIQ. JC has already maxed out his talent. BI is still a question mark. And ZU is still a project. I still have hope for BI if he an just find out what his game is and stop trying to do too much.

Mitch and Jim didn't have a clue on how they wanted the team to play and just drafted the same ole "best player available" model that was the cornerstone of Jerry West back in the day. None of these guys can shoot an open jumper! How is that possible when you see a team like Denver with plenty of young guys draining 3's all night?
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Guys, easy - there are problems for sure. Luke wants to play like GS, only without the quality players. The lakers without the right players are merely an average team that, with this style of play, shoots itself in the foot.

They rush their offense, look for premium 3 point shots with barely 2 good shooters (KK and KCP) that can take them. They will continue to shoot poorly from 3, creating long rebounds, run outs for the other team and entirely too many possessions to have to play on D, with a team that will struggle on D.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Who's a good replacement for Luke? If we're gonna get rid of Luke, I'd rather we do it asap. The longer we wait, the more of this crap like today we have to endure.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Probably a little of both. Part of the problem is that they don't play the way GS and the rest of the modern NBA teams want to play. Randle is an iso player with bad BBIQ. JC has already maxed out his talent. BI is still a question mark. And ZU is still a project. I still have hope for BI if he an just find out what his game is and stop trying to do too much.

Mitch and Jim didn't have a clue on how they wanted the team to play and just drafted the same ole "best player available" model that was the cornerstone of Jerry West back in the day. None of these guys can shoot an open jumper! How is that possible when you see a team like Denver with plenty of young guys draining 3's all night?

Their shooters are in Brooklyn, golden State, and across the hall...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:

how long are you going to live on your legacy? thats why the last 2 guys got fired

Good point, new season brings new focus but the Lakers have played without there star player, and the Lakers are learning a new system, I expect them to eventually get it together, Nuggets are gonna be a Top 5 team in the WC, but we will get there as well.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I thought Ball might be worth plus 20 points... but rather than going from -10 to +10, it's more like -30 to -10.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PRLakeShow wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

I don't think DLO was a bad pick, but he certainly wasn't the best pick ON HINDSIGHT.

Porzingis would have turned this franchise around imo, assuming we would still be able to retain Ingram and Ball
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

Good to see Zimmerman and Beecham score, I expect this is their cameo appearance before they get cut.

Briante Weber - I liked how he hustled out there, I wonder if perhaps he's on the Lakers' radar screen in South Bay, right behind Caruso and Blue our 2 way contract guys.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:

Keep living in the past buddy. They have 70 more wins than us in the last 5 season.

I'm not discrediting them, there gonna be good, but the Lakers are learning a system that is hard, there trying to play showtime basketball.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

I don't think DLO was a bad pick, but he certainly wasn't the best pick ON HINDSIGHT.

Porzingis would have turned this franchise around imo, assuming we would still be able to retain Ingram and Ball

Yup. Because he's turned the Knicks around, just like Ingram has with LA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: