Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Is Luke falling asleep?
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I think the lakers traded the wrong guy (DLO instead of BI), Nance will be nothing more than a backup PF, Randle is proving he can miss easy shots, run over guys and not pass the ball, all while being OC. Zubac is another back up at best.

Maybe BI improves, but still not sure. Lonzo has not looked good yet (though its still very early), while KK is looking like he will be an all-star and will be the steal of the draft.

DLO was a threat from 3, what the lakers miss now. BI hasnt proven he can make them.

Lakers starting line up will be: Lopez, KK, BI, Lonzo and KCP. This lineup gives them a chance. Look to trade Nance and Zubac now if they have value. Oh, and (Robinson) Caruso stinks!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hart looked shaky at first, but then settled in real nice and played well on both ends of the court to end the game. Two things to keep in mind:

1) He's had even less time to practice in training camp because of the hamstring,

2) He looked real good to end the game against Denver's 4th stringers.

Good to see him hustling on defense at the end, and nailing his open shots once he warmed up.

I'm hopeful for Hart, but hard to judge his game today since most of his production came in garbage time against third stringers and camp fodder. He needs more time against better comp. if Clarkson doesn't show much more soon, then hopefully Hart can steal his spot from him.

Yep. The real test will come when he gets to face up against a first or second unit. I really hope he thrives because if he steals Clarkson's spot some day that means we'll have another decent defender in the lineup. Looking forward to seeing his next stint.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hart looked shaky at first, but then settled in real nice and played well on both ends of the court to end the game. Two things to keep in mind:

1) He's had even less time to practice in training camp because of the hamstring,

2) He looked real good to end the game against Denver's 4th stringers.

Good to see him hustling on defense at the end, and nailing his open shots once he warmed up.

I'm hopeful for Hart, but hard to judge his game today since most of his production came in garbage time against third stringers and camp fodder. He needs more time against better comp. if Clarkson doesn't show much more soon, then hopefully Hart can steal his spot from him.

Yep. The real test will come when he gets to face up against a first or second unit. I really hope he thrives because if he steals Clarkson's spot some day that means we'll have another decent defender in the lineup. Looking forward to seeing his next stint.

Agreed. I was massively disappointed when he sprained his ankle in the second preseason game and couldn't play after that. I really wanted to see him play.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Is Luke falling asleep?

As long as he has a plan once the real games starter then it doesn't matter, once the preseason is over the record is 0-0.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
I'm going to love Luke's post game interview. LUCY! YOU HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO!!!

As long as he knows what he's doing then it doesn't matter what he says, teams are known during the season and with that in mind..

Denver doesn't have the history we do, there legacy is the preseason.

Why doesn't it matter what he says?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
is it time for us to sit down and have "the talk" about randle

He needs an intervention lmao

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
I'm going to love Luke's post game interview. LUCY! YOU HAVE SOME SPLAINING TO DO!!!

As long as he knows what he's doing then it doesn't matter what he says, teams are known during the season and with that in mind..

My thought is that, if he has a plan for when the real games begin, then he can free ride the pre season, of course we want the team to play better, but that won't happen until everyone is healthy and the system is being run properly.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma very obviously should have started at the 3 this game, not Deng or Brewer.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Kuzma very obviously should have started at the 3 this game, not Deng or Brewer.

Either start Mr. Untouchable or Mr. 18 mill.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Meh. It's fairly clear that he will be starting fairly soon unless he falls apart or Randle/Ingram/Nance shows far more than they have so far. I'm not going to worry about him not getting thestarting role in the third preseason game.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Feels like he is going to be starting at the 4 pretty soon. Might as well just cut to the chase and do it now to end the pre-season and start the real season.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Maybe when the vets like Lopez, Bogut, and Deng (yes, Deng) are playing more minutes, they'll look more like an NBA team.

Deng

I know it is unpopular because of how poorly he shot last year but when he was in, they played better. Even when he was missing all of his shots. He is a veteran and he isn't lusting for the bright lights and attention and he doesn't make silly mistakes.

It is hard to get guys to commit to team basketball when there are a lot of other knuckleheads out there that can spread bad habits to each other.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Maybe when the vets like Lopez, Bogut, and Deng (yes, Deng) are playing more minutes, they'll look more like an NBA team.

Deng

I know it is unpopular because of how poorly he shot last year but when he was in, they played better. Even when he was missing all of his shots. He is a veteran and he isn't lusting for the bright lights and attention and he doesn't make silly mistakes.

It is hard to get guys to commit to team basketball when there are a lot of other knuckleheads out there that can spread bad habits to each other.

If you read Tox's piece on lakerfilmroom about deng's numbers last year, you see he was just fine when he didn't play with Clarkson.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I think its only a matter of time before he starts. Only quesiton is will it be at the 3 or 4. BI or JR needs to step up because he is hot on their heels.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

I think its only a matter of time before he starts. Only quesiton is will it be at the 3 or 4. BI or JR needs to step up because he is hot on their heels.

I know I'm not thinking out loud here, but there is absolutely no chance Kuzma is a starter, Randle/Ingram/ + Brewer and Deng need there minutes as well, he's gonna have to play off the bench until there is trades to give him more playing time.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:

My thought is that, if he has a plan for when the real games begin, then he can free ride the pre season, of course we want the team to play better, but that won't happen until everyone is healthy and the system is being run properly.

IDK IG...regardless of who plays, they need to be held to a standard - whatever that is. He blamed a lack of energy - but did he EVER call a timeout to light a fire? He just let 'em play and circle the drain. My minimum expectation for any coach is to hold players accountable.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

The whole team play like trash, except Kuzma. I mean players should feel embarassed by their lack of effort. I am particularly disappointed by Randle and JC, especially after all the work they let us know they have put in, and it turns out they didnt show any improvements.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:

IDK IG...regardless of who plays, they need to be held to a standard - whatever that is. He blamed a lack of energy - but did he EVER call a timeout to light a fire? He just let 'em play and circle the drain. My minimum expectation for any coach is to hold players accountable.

It's the pre season, I think he was just letting the players .. figure it out.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

That training camp was worthless.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:

It's the pre season, I think he was just letting the players .. figure it out.

If this was a veteran team, I would agree with you. But its mostly young guys trying to impress. Also, you NEVER want the young guys getting embarrassed out there like they did tonight. Trust me, Luke wanted to win - for the players, for the fans and even for himself.

As for KK, hes been their best player so far. Why in the world would he NOT crack the starting lineup at some point? As it is, even if he comes off the bench he plays 30 minutes a night anyways...
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

3 games left.

It’s time to dnp-cd the players who won’t make it.

Roll with the 15 man they want for sure and start to tighten up rotations, test a few lineups, and do in game adjustments vs real competition instead of practice.

Enough of this trial / give camp fillers time stuff.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

That was hard to watch; js
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
dood23 wrote:
is it time for us to sit down and have "the talk" about randle

He needs an intervention lmao

Yes, he is responsible for the 3 point barrage by the Nuggets. Sometimes I wonder if people watch the games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Page 39 of 39
Jump to: