JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Josh might just be what we wanted Anthony Brown to be

Good call.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

I don’t see how Hart and Brown are similar, Brown was only known as a 3pt shooter, and he wasn’t good at it.... Hart reminds me more of Shannon Brown but with D.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t see how Hart and Brown are similar, Brown was only known as a 3pt shooter, and he wasn’t good at it.... Hart reminds me more of Shannon Brown but with D.

And with at least 1/10th of the athleticism.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

And with at least 1/10th of the athleticism.

No doubt. Shannon Brown was a good athlete
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Nice game by Hart. Looking like Magic Rob had a great draft.

Seemed like he fit right in after missing all that time which was very impressive.

Is he a potential starter next year? Decent 2 way skills and his passing was a surprise.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Poised.

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I like the confidence

Agreed on both. 4 year player that seems to have gotten all the value he could from the experience and it's already showing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Good job though the competition was SL quality. I am excited to see him against better talent.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Underrated quality is he's a very good finisher. That's BIG.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hart plays both ends and can hit threes. Ennis seems a very capable backup point guard that can pass.

Clarkson needs to find his shot, and soon.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Underrated quality is he's a very good finisher. That's BIG.

I want to see it against NBA bigs, didn't look to have special finishing tools to me. DX skeptical
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

He did show good finishing as well in summer league, when his shot wasn't going in he showed an uncanny ability to finish through contact and power through. Last night I saw the same thing on the layup he made.

Seems to be a good thing for him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
He did show good finishing as well in summer league, when his shot wasn't going in he showed an uncanny ability to finish through contact and power through. Last night I saw the same thing on the layup he made.

Ya he finished well in SL. He used pure strength most of the time in college to help him finish. His layup last night was solid, it was with :16 left in the game against a SG - and he forced him into a tough attempt. I'm with DX I have my doubts - his creativity is average
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Hart could start this year. If he consistently plays good D, and hits open threes he could force the coaching staff to give him 20+ minutes just like Kuzma is doing.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject:

Josh Hart has value as a mature, solid defender. His offensive game is good too. He will earn more playing time as the season unfolds.

* Rookie Josh Hart wants to help reverse the Lakers’ defensive struggles

Quote:
While the entire defensive culture may be a lot to put on the shoulders of one 22-year-old rookie guard, Hart sees defense as his way onto the floor. For a team that has ranked last in defensive efficiency the last two years, Hart’s mentality is refreshing.

“I take defense personally,” he said. “When somebody scores on me I don’t care if it’s a good move or what. That infuriates me. I don’t like getting scored on, I take that personally.”

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/05/rookie-josh-hart-wants-to-help-reverse-the-lakers-defensive-struggles/
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject:

Hart can play defense, hit threes and seems to have the strength to finish through contact when chased off the three point line.

Clarkson is likely very worried, because what if Hart turns into "Clarkson but with defense and a three point shot"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hart can play defense, hit threes and seems to have the strength to finish through contact when chased off the three point line.

Clarkson is likely very worried, because what if Hart turns into "Clarkson but with defense and a three point shot"

maybe he can consult with Julius, because Kuzma has him scared sh**less.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

Ya he finished well in SL. He used pure strength most of the time in college to help him finish. His layup last night was solid, it was with :16 left in the game against a SG - and he forced him into a tough attempt. I'm with DX I have my doubts - his creativity is average

he struggled in college whenever he could not simply overpower his defender. If I recall, it was in the game 'Nova was eliminated by Wisconsin where this was on display....all game he just put his head down and drove to the basket as he had always did, but Wisconsin was too big and physical and was shutting it down.....then on the last possession, 'Nova needed to score, they give it too Hart, tries to barrel into the lane and was denied again.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

he struggled in college whenever he could not simply overpower his defender. If I recall, it was in the game 'Nova was eliminated by Wisconsin where this was on display....all game he just put his head down and drove to the basket as he had always did, but Wisconsin was too big and physical and was shutting it down.....then on the last possession, 'Nova needed to score, they give it too Hart, tries to barrel into the lane and was denied again.

Of course bully-ball won't work too often at this level.

However Hart has a level of maturity and craftiness in him that will allow him to adjust his game in order to play to his strengths and take what the defense gives him.
It's refreshing to hear him talk defense and actually try to back it up. It's maybe too early (in his career) for him to be a lock-down defender in the NBA until he figures it out.
Until then if he plays team ball with effort and intensity he will be just fine.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

That was his typical finish at the NCAA level, and he finished at a high rate in college too. I'm not as concerned because while he's not a prolific dunker, he does bring strength against contact and has some touch.

My primary concern is, his court vision/playmaking completely narrows the closer he gets to the basket. But, dude was 70.3% at the rim last season. No wonder why he takes those shots.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

If he can bring defensive intensity the way he is talking about, then he needs to play.

The fact that he mentioned "taking getting scored on personally" if true is exactly the mentality the team needs to start taking on and pronto.

For defense to improve, it is the players who need to pull together and hold one another accountable. I am hopeful that Lopez and Bogut will improve it, but I have to admit I am skeptical after what we have seen so far.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

I'd like Hart to craft his game after Afflalo, who was always one of my favorite players in the league. Full of heart on defense, can shoot, brings all the intangibles. This team desperately needs a guard like that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
speaking to Tania Ganguli of the Los Angeles Times, Walton commented on Hart’s debut and talked highly of his performance.

“He was good,” Walton said. “He gambled a couple of times on defense but for the most part he was solid and knocked down some shots for us. He is a tough young man, which is something we need on this team. For his first game, he did a good job.”

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/10/06/los-angeles-lakers-luke-walton-impressed-josh-hart-debut/
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Great D
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

he will be ok....he just has to be ready when he gets his opportunity, which will probably be a little later in the season. I doubt he gets many minutes early in the season, but something will happen....he will get an opportunity to show what he can do in the NBA.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

My excitement about what Hart can bring is based on the FO doing an excellent job through the draft. They picked him over Bell, whom I liked, and a few others.

They scouted him just like Kuzma, and he's a gem. I'm expecting nothing less from Josh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 28 of 163
Jump to: