An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

Watching the preseason so far, there is something that I have noticed, Randle and Ball don't play well together. which means that one of these 2 things need to happen:

1. Randle needs to come off of the bench, and let Kuzma start or...

2. Trade Randle to San Antonio for Lamarcus Aldridge.

Before you say "heck no", this is why:

Aldridge is extremely unhappy in San Antonio and despite his drop off in production, he is still a deadly midrange shooter. Randle... lets face it, he will Never be a good shooter and his lack of shooting, it disrupts the spread offense style that we want to play. Aldrige and Lopez would spread the court for Lonzo to be able to penetrate and kick and both of the bigs would be deadly off of those passes. And in a trade like this, the Spurs would be happy to get a young, promising player and maybe, just maybe, we could add Deng to the trade and get him off the books.

I think that this is something that should be looked into at least.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Watching the preseason so far, there is something that I have noticed, Randle and Ball don't play well together. which means that one of these 2 things need to happen:

Aldridge is extremely unhappy in San Antonio and despite his drop off in production, he is still a deadly midrange shooter. Randle... lets face it, he will Never be a good shooter and his lack of shooting, it disrupts the spread offense style that we want to play. Aldrige and Lopez would spread the court for Lonzo to be able to penetrate and kick and both of the bigs would be deadly off of those passes. And in a trade like this, the Spurs would be happy to get a young, promising player and maybe, just maybe, we could add Deng to the trade and get him off the books.

You do understand that the salary differences b/w Jules and LMA are immense? And no, Spurs won't take Deng as a salary filler either.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

Why does san Antonio do this?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

You do understand that the salary differences b/w Jules and LMA are immense? And no, Spurs won't take Deng as a salary filler either.

I am fully aware of the salary difference and I am not oppose to having to adds something extra as well. but, why do fans do this? always say what another team wont do. You don't know what they would do unless you try. Look what OKC gave of for PG and Melo. Look what we gave up for Pau.

If our front office is thinking with that, "so and so team what do that trade", without even trying, they should be fired!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:

I don't know. how about the front office makes the call and find out. why do fans think like that. just make the damn call and see what can be worked out. One mans trash is another mans treasure.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

Man, no disrespect but, i'm glad some of you aren't in our front office. Such a negative Debbie Downer perspective. Great front offices never stop kicking the cans on potential trades.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I don't know. how about the front office makes the call and find out. why do fans think like that. just make the damn call and see what can be worked out. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

you can make the call, but that will be 5 minutes of your life you will never get back....cause as soon as you say Deng, they would say bye.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I am fully aware of the salary difference and I am not oppose to having to adds something extra as well. but, why do fans do this? always say what another team wont do. You don't know what they would do unless you try. Look what OKC gave of for PG and Melo. Look what we gave up for Pau.

If our front office is thinking with that, "so and so team what do that trade", without even trying, they should be fired!

On the flipside, why do fans create trades? Always saying what a team would do?

It's a massive salary difference and Deng is a likely non starter in the discussion. Would require something like Brook Lopez (expiring) or KCP (expiring) as salary filler.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

A "where it always comes from" trade that favors the Lakers and screw the other team yeah!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

On the flipside, why do fans create trades? Always saying what a team would do?

It's a massive salary difference and Deng is a likely non starter in the discussion. Would require something like Brook Lopez (expiring) or KCP (expiring) as salary filler.

I never said what a team would do. I said make the call and see what can be worked out. It doesn't have to be this exact trade. but you call, make an offer, let them counter with an offer, then keep negotiating until a trade can be made, that can benefit both teams.
WVLAKERFAN1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydcra7ph

Unless Pop REALLY liked Randle from the USA stuff i still don't see the Spurs entertaining this.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

WVLAKERFAN1 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydcra7ph

Unless Pop REALLY liked Randle from the USA stuff i still don't see the Spurs entertaining this.

supposedly they did kind of hit it off....but Pop also supposedly "loved" George Hill, and dropped him like a bad habit to get Kawhi....so I assume Pop liking someone is not enough

Last edited by adkindo on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

How do you know Magic hasn't already made this damn call and gotten laughed off the phone?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

Just an idea being thrown out.Why such harsh responses. Not as bad as some proposed around here.

I prefer that the Lakers remain patient and keep Randle but I can see some long shot value here for SA.

Contracts actually match up. Aldridge for Randle and Deng. Close enough to create some flexibility. Deng has an extra year but IMO Randle offsets the downside enough financially.

And if anyone can get some performance out of Deng it would be Popovich and the Spurs. Throw in a promising Randle and it is not so far fetched if the rumors of how unhappy Aldridge is are true.

Not sure Aldridge can play at the pace the Lakers seem to be striving for. How many aging slow half court big men can they fit on the court?

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

Julius should be traded regardless

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Just an idea being thrown out.Why such harsh responses. Not as bad as some proposed around here.

I prefer that the Lakers remain patient and keep Randle but I can see some long shot value here for SA.

Contracts actually match up. Aldridge for Randle and Deng. In amount and length.

And if anyone can get some performance out of Deng it would be Popovich and the Spurs. Throw in a promising Randle and it is not so far fetched if the rumors of how unhappy Aldridge is are true.

Not sure Aldridge can play at the pace the Lakers seem to be striving for. How many aging slow half court big men can they fit on the court?

If Pop can work magic with Deng, why can't he with LMA? Does he really want to be saddled with Jules (extension) and Deng's deal (could be a combined 32-35m/year)?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Contracts actually match up. Aldridge for Randle and Deng. In amount and length.

If Pop can work magic with Deng, why can't he with LMA? Does he really want to be saddled with Jules (extension) and Deng's deal (could be a combined 32-35m/year)?

Isn't the issue with LMA more about LMA not liking his role or fitting in? Haven't followed the gossip reports that closely.

As for contract issues. Who knows what they would be willing to do. Depending on the performance of both and Gasol likely coming off the books there is room for the discussion. The approx $10M for a year difference is not outlandish if they are getting production from both players. Big "if" I know.

Not advocating this trade. Simply finding more potential in it then some of the initial negative comments.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

Contracts actually match up. Aldridge for Randle and Deng. Close enough to create some flexibility. Deng has an extra year but IMO Randle offsets the downside enough financially.

EXACTLY! Thank You!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

If one is making a thread simply to propose a hypothetical trade (instead of the Official 2017-18 thread), i don't think it's preposterous to be ready to defend the merits of the trade. No one, as I've seen here, is attacking the poster; just the trade idea.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

I think he doesn't help the Lakers much.

Playing one of our four 7' centers and him together just feels like a way to s-l-o-w play down, without benefit.n

Aldridge doesn't defend the interior well nor does he move in space well enough to defend mobile players, nor has he shown he will close out on threes well.

On offense, the space he occupies will impede driving and cutting of Ingram and other wings.

Not seeing how he helps the Lakers enough, certainly not enough to make the move for what remains on that contract.

Last edited by 70sdude on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

Reports were SA was trying to get a lotto pick for LMA. Maybe their expectation has fell a tad but Julius would have a hard time generating a first in value given his contract situation.. and that is before you talk about fit.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Man, no disrespect but, i'm glad some of you aren't in our front office. Such a negative Debbie Downer perspective. Great front offices never stop kicking the cans on potential trades.

The Spurs FO is highly regarded while the Pacers and Knicks organizations aren't.

You are also counting on LMA opting out of the final season of his $22 million contract.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I dont think the Lakers are a good fit for Aldridge. He is not an expiring or three point shooter. However, I could see a three team deal.

Lakers get: Joe Johnson and Derek Favors

Spurs get: Randle, Clarkson and Brewer

Jazz get: Aldridge
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: An "out of nowhere" trade that makes sense.

scoobs wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I dont think the Lakers are a good fit for Aldridge. He is not an expiring or three point shooter. However, I could see a three team deal.

Lakers get: Joe Johnson and Derek Favors

Spurs get: Randle, Clarkson and Brewer

Jazz get: Aldridge

Hmm...2 expiring players in JJ/Favors...Seems a lot to give up though for Utah to get LMA, no? JJ is a 6th man for them even at his old age.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I demand that they throw in Leonard and Gregg poppovich as well. Cuz after all You never know if they'll do it unless you ask
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: