Fultz
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Fultz

Sixers fans are already souring on picking Fultz and giving up another lottery pick next year for him. Glad the Lakers didn't end up with Fultz.

Quote:
Being ok isn't the question with him...

The 1st overall pick who we traded a future 1st for. That is whats hanging over his head. ..he HAS to be better then ok

We chased a perceived need instead of getting the most value for our proverbial buck.

I've been a Bryan defender, but this one is definitely a red mark on his record.

Don't give Ainge too much credit. According to SAS most execs had someone else besides Fultz atop their draft board. Fultz was the guy bloggers and lazy fans who rent their brains out to bloggers thought was the consensus #1.

Ainge just poked and prodded till he found a GM as foolish as the lazy fans. Bryan is gonna get he11 for this one.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fultz

socalsp3 wrote:
Sixers fans are already souring on picking Fultz and giving up another lottery pick next year for him. Glad the Lakers didn't end up with Fultz.

Quote:
Being ok isn't the question with him...

The 1st overall pick who we traded a future 1st for. That is whats hanging over his head. ..he HAS to be better then ok

We chased a perceived need instead of getting the most value for our proverbial buck.

I've been a Bryan defender, but this one is definitely a red mark on his record.

Don't give Ainge too much credit. According to SAS most execs had someone else besides Fultz atop their draft board. Fultz was the guy bloggers and lazy fans who rent their brains out to bloggers thought was the consensus #1.

Ainge just poked and prodded till he found a GM as foolish as the lazy fans. Bryan is gonna get he11 for this one.

A rookie has a bad preseason game, fans want to trade him. If he has a good preseason game, they'll want to put him in the Hall of Fame. It's no different in Philly than here -- fans emotions are a roller coaster than change game to game, quarter to quarter. Doesn't mean anything.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

1 game??

At least we gave BI two lol
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Fultz and Ben simmons had horrible shooting nights for that first game. simmons did other things similar to Zo. rebounded ok and passed well.

i say he rebounded ok since he's 6'10 and very athletic. no reason to not grab 10 boards with ease. zo is doing that 3 or so inches shorter and maybe even less hops than simmons.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Being a young PG is hard.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
1 game??

At least we gave BI two lol

To be fair, Lakers fans gave Ingram a full rookie season. lol Not that there isn't some impatience among us, too, but just saying.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Simmons is their PG now. Fultz is more like a second SG for them. His mental makeup doesn't strike me as someone who will lead a team anywhere. He seems a little aloof like Dlo. They paid a steep price to get a second SG though. Might've done better to trade down to get Monk or stand pat and get DSJ.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Simmons is their PG now. Fultz is more like a second SG for them. His mental makeup doesn't strike me as someone who will lead a team anywhere. He seems a little aloof like Dlo. They paid a steep price to get a second SG though. Might've done better to trade down to get Monk or stand pat and get DSJ.

This is like Groundhog Day.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

you are what you can defend....in their lineup this week, they started Holmes at Center.....who do you think was responsible for defending the opposing PF? Was it Redick? Covington? Fultz? No, no, and no....it was Simmons, their PF.

Their lineup was....
PG- Fultz
SG - Redick
SF - Covington
PF - Simmons
C- Holmes
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

defending other PGs vs running the offense as a PG are totally different things
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

For Fultz, this will be a major change in style for him. He's used to having the ball in his hands and running things.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

you are what you can defend....in their lineup this week, they started Holmes at Center.....who do you think was responsible for defending the opposing PF? Was it Redick? Covington? Fultz? No, no, and no....it was Simmons, their PF.

Their lineup was....
PG- Fultz
SG - Redick
SF - Covington
PF - Simmons
C- Holmes

Simmons plays point guard on offense but he doesn't defend the other team's point guard. We often did the same thing with Magic Johnson.

Lineups and roles are much more fluid today than they used to be
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Their lineup was....
PG- Fultz
SG - Redick
SF - Covington
PF - Simmons
C- Holmes

Simmons plays point guard on offense but he doesn't defend the other team's point guard. We often did the same thing with Magic Johnson.

Is Simmons really that good? Is he better or worse at handling the ball and passing than Lamar Odom?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Their lineup was....
PG- Fultz
SG - Redick
SF - Covington
PF - Simmons
C- Holmes

Ok in the overarching sense of "positions", yes, Fultz is their PG. But Simmons ran their offense. Fultz was completely off ball, rarely even touched the ball when Simmons was in . So offensively Simmons was their PG. I know that phrase that Pelton and Lowe talk about but, Simmons was a ball dominant Rondo type PG for them last game
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

He just had a bad game, and is probably struggling to play alongside Simmons. He did much better in their intrasquad scrimmage, matched up against Simmons (in spite of his new funky shooting motion).
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Any reason why he didn't play game two? If it's because of "bringing him along slowly," boy I am getting sick of today's sissified NBA. I remember when rookies hit the floor running, playing all 8 preseason games. Nowadays, it is so common that a featured rookie gets a few DNPs for whatever precaution. Lonzo not practicing today too annoys me. I know his ankle is fine. You can sprain an ankle in game 1 of the regular season, game 10, or game 30. Should we hold Lonzo out till the playoffs? He might sprain his ankle the first round, so lets hold him out for the 2nd round. LOL! These precautions make zero sense to me.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Any reason why he didn't play game two? If it's because of "bringing him along slowly," boy I am getting sick of today's sissified NBA. I remember when rookies hit the floor running, playing all 8 preseason games. Nowadays, it is so common that a featured rookie gets a few DNPs for whatever precaution. Lonzo not practicing today too annoys me. I know his ankle is fine. You can sprain an ankle in game 1 of the regular season, game 10, or game 30. Should we hold Lonzo out till the playoffs? He might sprain his ankle the first round, so lets hold him out for the 2nd round. LOL! These precautions make zero sense to me.

So you wanna risk him messing his ankle up again just so he can play in a PRESEASON game?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Their lineup was....
PG- Fultz
SG - Redick
SF - Covington
PF - Simmons
C- Holmes

Is Simmons really that good? Is he better or worse at handling the ball and passing than Lamar Odom?

Simmons and Odom are comparable players. I'd say an Odom level career is Simmons floor. With Simmons the questions are whether he has enough drive and can improve his shooting. I think he'll be rookie of the year
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Fultz defense is non-existence... and that free throw form is embarrassing.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

What in the hell did Fultz do to his shooting form
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Philly's coaching staff. What on Earth
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

He needs to granny it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

When you're the number one overall pick and you don't know how to shoot free throws?
Shecky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

Ya know it's funny, as a Celtics fan I earnestly tried to get excited about Fultz. I'd seen him play 2-3 times, seen the highlights, read up on him but it always came back to "this guy's the best prospect out there?" But that's what every analyst and draft guru was telling me. The one thing I really liked best about him was he from DC/Baltimore and that area produces a ton of players. And that's hardly a ringing endorsement.
Bottom line is I think he'll be a good player, possibly very good. But I dunno, he just doesn't come across as a Kyrie Irving/John Wall type of #1 overall PG. Too early to judge but there's just something about Fultz's game that tells me he's going to be good...but maybe not exceptional. He'll improve but right now I don't see a really high ceiling. A bit too much hesitation, doesn't really attack the basket, dribbles into traffic too much, etc..
The Lakers and Celtics should be very happy with the players they took 2nd and 3rd. I think both will end up superior players. And if that happens Boston comes away with a better player in Tatum in addition to whatever they get back from that Lakers/Kings pick. A real dummy, that Danny Ainge, huh?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:
When you're the number one overall pick and you don't know how to shoot free throws?

He was an average three throw her in college. Right now, a lot of people think his weird form is an adjustment for his shoulder, which may hurt more than the 76ers are letting on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: